I sold my 1999 Chevrolet SilveradoZ71 pickup truck with 121471 miles on it to The Car Store in Laurel,De.for their offer of $3800.00 because they took it back in there shop and claim they put the computer to it and the sales manager said it had alot of mechical issues that needed to be repaired before they could put it out on their lot for resale and he and the buyer for the dealership the book value for them to sell it after all that work was done was $5875.00 and that was if it was in excellent condition which I will say it was not in that at most I would say fair condition due to it did have ding dents on the body which the Car Store stated would need to be repaired and the Cargo bed had some dents in it and needed to be repaired and repainted inside the cargo bed.I sold it to then due to had had some financial debts I wanted to clear up and before I did I asked the manager if I wanted to buy it back what would it cost me and he told me at most $5675.00 due to all the repairs they had to do .I agreed to that and within less than 10 days I did go buy it back at that point.The manager took my info and had the loan approved within less than 5 min.thru Credit Acceptance.I went to the dealership and signed the papers and I should have had my wife read them but he had her sit accross the room due to she had nothing to do with the loan .So he told me the price over the phone before I went there and told me the cost when I got there and we went over the papers and I signed them and he stated all the repairs were compleat and by the time we were done it was dark out and they had the lot lights off and than he had the truck brought out and I could,nt see the body but felt I trusted him and took it home and the next day went out and would u believe no body work was touched.I than went and look at some things he said was repaired on the mechanical end and none of that was touched either.
I read the sales agreement over the next few days and I finaly understood it he put $8500.00 on it and with the financing which he had in less than 5 min. I am paying almost $12,400.00 for getting the truck back I had 8 years prior to selling it to them.So anyone looking for a vehicle by all means never deal with The Car Store in Laurel De.
on Rt 13.because u will get ripped off.Also I did call them and they told me they would make it right but now 10 months later I am still waiting for them to call.I also called the main dealership they have in Salisbury Maryland and even talk to the owner of The Car Store there and he said what they did was wrong and he will take steps to make it right but again not a word from him either so saty away from The Car Store dealerships and Credit Acceptance or belive you will pay daly due to them.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- 1999 Chevrolet Silverado
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "Upon my retirement I Bought a 2006 Lexus GX 470 loaded New, thinking that such a so called Luxury Vehicle would last my wife after my demise, I did this..."
- "Killeen Maaco had my brand new car for 5 days to do a stripe paint job for $750. They returned car on Friday afternoon around 5pm, and upon entry to..."
- "On 10-31-13 my 22 year old son was involved in a serious high speed read end accident. He was sitting at a red light when hit by a Toyota SUV..."
- "2 days ago 1 of my daughters opened can of corn for dinner. It was supposed to expire: 08/31/2017. It was a nightmare to see that. it was something terrible.It..."
- "This is a response to an account manager by the name of Lucy. I am extremely dissatisfied with this entire process. I ordered a dress for a special event in..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "Item I bought from this Auction House was fraudulently misrepresented. They were supposed to be original Lionel Service Manuals. You could only see 1 photo and it was the back..."
- "I bought a set of knives and one is broken this morning while cucutting meat .how can I get a replacement. I reside in Danbury CT. ..."
- "I stood in line for roughly 25 minutes. ..only one person to serve and cashier the order...good food but horrible service. ..not going back to panda @danbury fair mall since..."