Sandy, Oregon

Ordered a Gas Block Front Sight for a Ruger rifle from sellers website based on sample photo and item description. When the item arrived and installed, it did not fit, like its displayed in item sample photo (there are no gaps when the two pieces of the Gas Block is screwed together). When contact with seller was made and photo’s provided of the problem, I was experiencing with a large gap between the parts. Seller came up with several different reasons why the item didn’t fit as its portrayed on sellers website.

The most alarming excuse. He stated that he machines each Gas Block Front Sight to specific tolerances, so they will fit all rifles. But, because he has to do it that way ( one size fits all), there will be gaps, some larger then others. He stated the gap, that was happing with mine was the largest he had seen. No where on his website does he state that he builds the Gas Block Front Sight, to be a generic fit. And that there will be gaps, some larger then others, when the item is installed. And its very clear, when you look at the photo on the sellers website, there are no gaps. The seller has machined a gas block, in such a manner, it’s a custom fit to the rifle. And what he is selling to the public, is a generic fit item, that can not fit, in that manner depicted and described on the sellers website. But, based on his website, your led to believe, you’ll be getting what you are looking at.

A customer doesn’t learn this until after the fact. And when you try to attempt to resolve the issue, excuses are made or for example, he suggested using a Dremel Tool to deepen the barrel channel, on a brand new item, that needs very tight tolerance's to work correctly. Why, would someone in their right mind, take this advise? It should either be done right, the first time or, tell people, what they are actually getting.

To the sellers credit, he did offer to correct the issue, if I returned the item back to him at my cost for shipping. Well, how convenient is that. Why should the customer have to pay to return an item, that was sold under false pretense's? A total bait and switch tactic and he basically holds you hostage. If you don’t pay to ship it back, nothing will be done.

Use caution if you plan to do business with The Arms Room, LLC.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $107
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with The Arms Room?

Comments

The Arms Room

The gap, according to the customer, is less than 1/16" which is well inside of factory specs.

I offered 3 times for him to send it back and I would change it at no charge. The part functioned as designed and closing the gap would be purely cosmetic. If he had sent the part back for me to alter, I would have given him an extended mag release ($25 value)for his trouble.

After he balked at sending it back, I told him if he felt comfortable doing it, he could alter the part himself with a Dremel tool. We ended the conversation with my thinking he was sending the part back.

I awoke the next morning to find he had slammed me on Perfect Union, a firearms discussion forum. You can Google this forum and search for The Arms Room and the thread will come up.

You will see that everyone on the thread backed me and said this dude was being unreasonable

Rumcreek
Columbus, Georgia, United States #698991

I have ordered and installed 2 of these gas block sights from the Arms Room and they look great with no visible gap.I have done a lot of business with the Arms Room and have received great service in all my transactions.

Lee Hadaway is one the top gunsmiths in the world.

His expertise is valued by many satisfied customers and his products are top notch.Installing any firearm part and/or upgrade takes a basic skill level that unfortunately not everyone has.