Verified Reviewer

2.0

(2,872K) My name is Jay Austin Wilkie and im writing this in sheer desperation and hopes that someone at your HQ will take me serious and fix this, as i have tried so many times unsuccessfully to get anyones attention to my problem that was created by someone who works for TWC and yet it is costing me dearly. This all began back in 2018 when i was receiving ui benefits.

Towards the last few weeks of me exhausting my benefits i noticed twc had taken $380 from my check for an "overpayment" yet i knew i had not been overpaid. I started a new job about a week later and never went back on twc's website until right about the time the pandemic started. When i did get online and started reading my correspondence i found out that twc was stating that during the claim in 2018 i was getting benefits i wasn't eligible for because i was in jail. TWC'S problem is I was NOT in jail in 2018.

TWC had made a huge mistake. I had twc send me a copy of the letter they say was mailed to me in 2018 and in it it stated that i was in the Dallas County jail under bookin #1800****. I went online to the public court records site and searched for that bookin number and found out that it did belong to a Wilkie, but not Jay Wilkie. It belonged to Joseph Wilkie, my son.

It listed his dl and last four of his social, both of which are different than mine, not to mention his d.o.b. is different. It makes no sense how stupid you have to be to get the two of us confused to the point that you actually take money away from me and not only say i owe you 4500$ more but im told i have no right to appeal since i waited 2 yrs. to report the mistake.

I should not have to appeal anything and if i had had a reason to go back onto the twc website before 2020 when i ctually learned what this was about, i would have.

This just isnt right, and ive contacted NBC's Channel 5 iTeam to help me and to also show the public what kindof injustices are really going on for an honest man legitimately receiving UI benefits one day to a ridiculous case of mistaken identity or just plain stupidity, idk which, and not oonly taking my income but now once again iam paying 221$ a week for an overpayment that isnt even based on true facts. I am attaching a document from the dallas county district clerk office that i pulled up online for free showing ot only the bookin number you said was mine but also the dates of that final incarceration for him in 2018 before he was given 10 years in TDCJ.

Texas Workforce Commission Pros: Help the unemployed.

Texas Workforce Commission Cons: When twc makes a mistake, Will not admit it and screw you.

Comments