I ordered a shirt and unlike most people complaining I did receive my order and got it within a week. My problem is quality of the printing, it's blurry. Most of it is not readable, it almost looks like it was double printed.
Some of the shirt has small writing on it, I can understand if it's a little hard to read, but even the large words are blurry. It doesn't look like that in the advertisement. I'm a graphic artist, I work in the print industry on printing magazines. It looks like they took someones artwork and then enlarged the size 500%. It might come out looking good on a coffee mug, but when enlarged to the size of a tee shirt, it makes it look blurry.
I sent an email the day after I got the shirt, I got an answer a couple of days later saying
"We do not typically accept exchanges or returns due to the custom nature of our products. However if you have a flawed garment, your item was miss-sent, or you are unsatisfied with the quality we will compensate for that by filing a claim with our claims department. Please let me know if you would like to move forward with this resolution."
I did send another email saying I did want to make a claim, didn't hear anything. So I put something on Twitter, and someone from Teechip said that someone would be in contact with me. After a month of not hearing anything I sent my forth email, here is the latest response.
"I am very sorry to hear that there were problems with your order! That is certainly not the TeeChip commitment to excellence that we strive to provide.
Generally, we are unable to see to refunds or exchanges due to the custom nature of our product. However, given that you may have received the wrong garment, I have filed a claim on your behalf to look into the situation further. A Claim Representative will shortly be in contact to discuss a resolution."
In the first email they sent it states that if I was "unsatisfied" with the quality I could make a claim, second email from them makes it sound like I can only do it if the sent the wrong product.
I guess they can get by with sending out horrible quality because of the custom nature of their product. I understand a tie dye shirt or something hand painted being custom made, and that they won't all be the same. This is just a terrible print job, nothing to do with custom.
As I said, I'm a graphic artist and before seeing their terrible work actually had some ideas that I thought about sending in some ideas. I'm really glad I didn't let them destroy my artwork.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Very poor service of claims dept
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Teechip Custom Shirt
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "ordered 3 items, a t shirt,hooded sweat shirt and a sweat shirt #23311924, $99.97 on 11/12/16 it is still printing....having seen responses on their add, I am certain I won't..."
- "I ordered a shirt back in June. When I got my shirt, it was the correct size and color, but the image was incorrect. I contacted customer service and was..."
- "...they advertised a large print on a "high-quality" sweatshirt and what they sent (for $33.00, plus shipping) was a postage stamp on an average sweatshirt..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "Ordered a wig but when received I could see it was the wrong item. I had ordered the glamerous bob straight hairstyle, see first photo but was send graceful bob..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "*** poor made pizza more sauce than toppings I wouldnt feed this *** pizza to the homeless ppl I worked here an no wonder their food sucks who would do..."
- " I don't write reviews often but I felt that I must because I had such an awful experience!I bought a co sleeper from them for my baby about 30 days..."