Teechip - TeeCrap

655 of 913 Teechip reviews

I ordered a shirt and unlike most people complaining I did receive my order and got it within a week. My problem is quality of the printing, it's blurry. Most of it is not readable, it almost looks like it was double printed.

Some of the shirt has small writing on it, I can understand if it's a little hard to read, but even the large words are blurry. It doesn't look like that in the advertisement. I'm a graphic artist, I work in the print industry on printing magazines. It looks like they took someones artwork and then enlarged the size 500%. It might come out looking good on a coffee mug, but when enlarged to the size of a tee shirt, it makes it look blurry.

I sent an email the day after I got the shirt, I got an answer a couple of days later saying

"We do not typically accept exchanges or returns due to the custom nature of our products. However if you have a flawed garment, your item was miss-sent, or you are unsatisfied with the quality we will compensate for that by filing a claim with our claims department. Please let me know if you would like to move forward with this resolution."

I did send another email saying I did want to make a claim, didn't hear anything. So I put something on Twitter, and someone from Teechip said that someone would be in contact with me. After a month of not hearing anything I sent my forth email, here is the latest response.

"I am very sorry to hear that there were problems with your order! That is certainly not the TeeChip commitment to excellence that we strive to provide.

Generally, we are unable to see to refunds or exchanges due to the custom nature of our product. However, given that you may have received the wrong garment, I have filed a claim on your behalf to look into the situation further. A Claim Representative will shortly be in contact to discuss a resolution."

In the first email they sent it states that if I was "unsatisfied" with the quality I could make a claim, second email from them makes it sound like I can only do it if the sent the wrong product.

I guess they can get by with sending out horrible quality because of the custom nature of their product. I understand a tie dye shirt or something hand painted being custom made, and that they won't all be the same. This is just a terrible print job, nothing to do with custom.

As I said, I'm a graphic artist and before seeing their terrible work actually had some ideas that I thought about sending in some ideas. I'm really glad I didn't let them destroy my artwork.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Turnaround Time

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Very poor service of claims dept

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Monetary loss:
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
655 of 913 Teechip reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Teechip.
Filing a new complaint about
×