I was facing problems with my AOL email account and got on Google to get a phone number for AOL.I somehow got the number 888-684-0619 to call.
I called them and got an Indian on the line. I was skeptical so I asked if I got the right number. I was told that they are AOL and can fix my email issue. They got on to my computer remotely and said that it will take $149.00 to fix the issue and it will be fixed by a supposedly Windows technician with Techsalvation.com a.k.a klickfree.us.
I thought them to be genuin and paid for the support. Later I realized that I have been ripped off by them as someone gave me the actual number for AOL. I researched and got on to their website and found out that they are not at all affiliated with anyone they claim to be associated with, HP/DELL/AOL etc.
I have already told my bank to charge back and will be spreading the word everywhere to create awareness of such companies who rip people off.They are nothing but some bottom feeder people who lie and cheat people.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tech Support
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Bought Tablet NOVO Hero 10.1. Arrived early January 2013 when I was on holidays. Machine very soon failed. Contacted support via live chat and they suggested to use the reset..."
- "Ive ordered JXD S5100 game tablet (device) for my son on 20th november 2012. I received package begin January 2013. After opening and examining device, i figured there is no..."
- "I was scammed by a website called brainsyntax. it is a creepy site once you realize that it is run by one guy and his psycho gf. Vincent Schiele a.k.a..."
- "This is regarding a pizza ordered for Home Delivery (complete order details mentioned at the end of mail).As you can see in the picture, (pic attached), only 4 main chunks..."
- "india tour maker, or delhi guru a fraud company, and not giving salary your workers, they want every persons work here free no money ask him, when worker ask salary..."
- "Hello , i bought black jeans in last week of March 2015 from Kevis Store lajpat Nagar, New Delhi. In first wash of jeans recently, there are lots of white patches appear..."
- "I went on to order 2 pieces of pet fillable jewelry for my 2 kids. 1 boy 1 girl. I ordered this keychain for my son it was on sale..."
- "Choxi ripped me off for over 100.00! I kept asking when my items would be shipped and would receive replies from their 'customer service' dept., saying they were doing everything..."
- "I ordered a beautiful arrangement with a stand and a banner, I paid $108.92. What I received was wilted flowers, no banner and then when I called to complain, Avas..."