I was facing problems with my AOL email account and got on Google to get a phone number for AOL.I somehow got the number 888-684-0619 to call.
I called them and got an Indian on the line. I was skeptical so I asked if I got the right number. I was told that they are AOL and can fix my email issue. They got on to my computer remotely and said that it will take $149.00 to fix the issue and it will be fixed by a supposedly Windows technician with Techsalvation.com a.k.a klickfree.us.
I thought them to be genuin and paid for the support. Later I realized that I have been ripped off by them as someone gave me the actual number for AOL. I researched and got on to their website and found out that they are not at all affiliated with anyone they claim to be associated with, HP/DELL/AOL etc.
I have already told my bank to charge back and will be spreading the word everywhere to create awareness of such companies who rip people off.They are nothing but some bottom feeder people who lie and cheat people.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tech Support
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "-Diagnosed bad motherboard needed to be replaced by highly trained ET (With my limited knowledge,I was better qualified than these people)-ET wiped drive clean and installed new Home Premium OS..."
- "Pre sales was great. The price quote of £75 seemed good and ups were there within a day.... After a few days i am told the laptop has been "diagnosed" and..."
- "To say that I am disappointed with my Alienware purchase would be a complete understatement. I purchase their â€œpremier desktopâ€ product at the end of 2009. One week after..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "I had the same experience as others: Signed up for a free trial, sent one fax and then noticed my account had been charged a fee for membership the next..."
- "i Rakesh Khanna have bought a jeans at levi's store at 2nd floor ambience mall today 28 march 2016 at 04:14 pm....before the payement i told the manager that i..."
- "Yet another disappointing tale of Thai Airways in-flight services. I was on board on 18th September 2015, flight TG629 from Hong Kong to Bangkok. This really came as a shocker..."
- "I bought a TV BOX for Miracast function, It was confirmed twice with the company, whether the products supports miracast, and was told that it supports miracast and already written..."