Techbuddies Online - How to Clear a Paper Jam on a Canon Inkjet Printer
For many people, maintaining a Canon Inkjet Printer in the home or office can be expensive and frustrating. There are numerous error messages and they always come at inconvenient times. Many Canon printers today have LCD monitors to help us understand problems that arise, however, many inkjet printers do not come with such monitors. Most of us do not read the Canon Inkjet Printer manuals thoroughly and have little to no idea what the blinking error light means. Paper jams are among the most common problem with Canon Inkjet Printers. Follow these instructions to learn how to clear a paper jam on a Canon Inkjet Printer:
Protect yourself from shock. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the Canon Inkjet Printer. This is an important step when working inside ANY electronic device.
Unhinge the back access panel of the printer. It seems repetitive to say this, but this door will be in the BACK of the printer.
Look through the opened back panel and look for paper. Remove any and all paper you find jammed there.
Close the back access panel. Make sure that it latches into place and looks the same way that it did before you opened it.
Find the front or top access panel. This is the panel you would lift to change ink cartridges. Open this access panel. If the carriage that holds the ink cartridges moves, then you forgot to unplug the printer, go back and do that now. Look for paper that may be jammed in this area of the printer.
Remove any paper you find jammed here. When pulling from the front there will be resistance from the paper feeder. Pull slowly or the paper will rip and create a more stressful problem.
Close the front access panel. Make sure that it falls or latches back in place. It should look the same way that it did before you opened it.
Plug the printer's power cord into the wall outlet, and attempt to print again. If the printer prints the job, then you have successfully removed the paper jam.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Canon Printer Support
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I bought an ASUS X99-PRO/USB 3.1 motherboard and installed it as a replacement for an MSI motherboard that I damaged due to overclocking. The operating system and other tidbits..."
- "Thinking buying an ACER computer? DON’T! If you are going to throw money away, throw it my way. I made the mistake of buying an ACER..."
- "I was scammed by a website called brainsyntax. it is a creepy site once you realize that it is run by one guy and his psycho gf. Vincent Schiele a.k.a..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "I had a exam in March 2016 took 1 hour took script to be filled at another place turns out wrong script had headaches so went to dr pt and..."
- "Steak 'n Shake Friday Evening 01/20/17 When I arrived there were ; 7 occupied tables, parties of 7,4,2,2,3,4,3 customers & 1@counter One server appeared to be working with a second..."
- "I had placed an order # 109-6625214-9499409 on Amazon.com on 18th November 2015, this particular order contains 3 items : 1 asus laptop, 1 vestal watch, 1 earphone. The total..."
- "i order one packet from Trendin.com order (no:782506), on 15th Oct but still today is 25th oct, it is not getting delivered. Tredin services was good they shipped the packet on..."
- "on 4th October I order slim 24 pro online. after watching commercial on t.v. I searched for the product slim 24 pro and the lost of website appears is slim24proindia.co.in...."