Not sure where to begin with these people. I received a call from a guy named Jim Parker, who said he was with the sheriff's office (918 area code, same as me). He said he was to serve me papers and asked when I would be home. I asked him what exactly this was regarding. He gave me a case number and told me to call 866-495-5950, and the company's name was TND Company (notice he didn't say TD & Co... more on that later). "Jim" says he would be heading to my house shortly, and if I wasn't there, he would wait on me to serve me. Knowing what I know now, I should have grilled this guy with questions.
So, I call this 866 number, and I get an electronic voice greeting "Thank you for calling ..." then a completely different electronic voice finished the delayed sentence ... "TND Company Tim Bradford", which I thought was strange. Why would any company have such sketchy, non-human greeting? Side note: my guess is, they have different greetings based on the caller/state/etc.
So, Paul Santos gets on the phone and begins his spiel. I owe X money on an old credit card, but we can settle for this low price of Y. He knows my name, address, last 4, past CC account info... the whole nine. I tell him that I want to see something in writing, and he responds by sending me an email in "about 10 minutes". (btw, I have attached this email -- it's totally laughable)
He wants my visa/MC info to settle the debt, and in the meantime he would call off the process server. I asked if he would take a money order or a check. They say, "we don't do checks or money orders... but we will take your bank/routing number". I finally receive the email containing the "letter", which is MS Word, of all things. No signatures, no letterhead, no attention to detail, no physical address, header and footer companies DO NOT MATCH. Are you TD and Company? TnD Company, or TD Company?
I told Paul Santos to *** off and go ahead and serve me because he is obviously full of ***. He was really pushy and convincing on the phone...just don't fall for it.
I tried calling Jim Parker back after I hung up with Paul, and of course that number didn't exist. 10 minutes on the internet, and you can easily find a number spoofing app.
It's been 2 days since then, and I haven't heard from either Jim or Paul.
DO NOT. DO NOT. DO NOT give these people any money.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Collections Scam
- Review category
- Collection Agencies
You May Also Like
- "Just needed to expose the *** who thinks it's okay to cuss out people in debt and make them feel worst about themselves. Had to look her up so I..."
- "On the 30th on June, my fiancé and I were relieved that we were able to pay off the rest of our furniture within the 90 day period. We had..."
- "IC System sent me a collection notice stating that I owe Paypal a significant amount of money. I owe nothing nor have I ever been in arrears to paypal. They..."
- "I have taken many classes on line and I HATE when the teacher chooses PEARSON, every semester is something with this site. This time, I chose to buy an e-text..."
- "Nabi aut of age! Go buy $150 samsung tablet .Set up for yur child...That is it.. Way!!! Im saying that look here ,I did buy junior ,dreamtab ,fuhu nabi2 ...."
- "My husband and I purchased a $600.00 recliner about the last week of August 2016. First week of September the chair looked as if it was purchased 10 years prior...."
- "I found a Feathered forward style. I have not trusted anyone to cut my hair in over 20 years. I had no idea Super Cuts and other franchise places were..."
- "Placed order on the 8th. They didn't process order for a week and a half. By the time order was placed, they were out of one of the items (duh!)...."
- "they say the wallet is nearly indestructlble i had it 10 min put some cards in it and it broke my son got to playing with it but it back..."