168 views

Turner Classic Movies (TCM) fills the spot between films with ads for their house brands of wine shipped to your doorstep. I think they should stick to movies and forget the drinking ; they certainly show enough movies with plots regarding the disasters of alcoholism ; now they sell the stuff for profit.

Reason of review: Alcoholism promotion.

Preferred solution: Drop it..

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Guest

Many of their movies show ordinary folk succumbing to the train-wreck of alcoholism. It's nothing new for sure.

Yet TCM continues to sell booze. Just like a gas station selling alcohol.

The only thing they need to offer up now is bullets and other ammunition. Shameful.

Guest

Correct. I'm sick of their promoting alcoholism for profit and don't see anything remotely glamorous about sitting there getting drunk and watching TV.

reply icon Replying to comment of Guest-1790950

Right - promoting alcoholism for profit. Brands of product you've never heard of.

Difficult to cancel. That is a lousy thing TCM has going now and I don't want any part of it.

I know I don't have to buy it (I do not) and I don't have to watch the channel (I do not, except when they finally get around to showing a movie). Advice: use DVR when dealing with TCM ; you will also miss the irritating hosts talking and the eye-shredding bright colored blurbs in between.

TCM Wine Club Reviews