Total failure by TaxAct

6 of 36 TaxAct reviews

I've been using TaxAct for over 10 years and have generally been pleased. Not this year. I was filing an extension. In the past, you could go directly to the IRS forms and fill one out to submit. I couldn't find a way to do that this year so I basically had to go through the entire process of filling out my Form 1040 complete with Schedule C and associated documents for my business. Looooooong process. Then, the server malfunctioned and I had no choice but to log out and back in...only to find that everything I had done to that point was GONE!!! So I had to do the whole thing again.

Once I completed it again, I tried to submit the extension, payment due and 1st quarter estimated tax payment. When I pressed the 'submit' button, I got one of those cute little 'processing' animations...that continued until my account timed out. Since I never got a notification that it had been submitted and was awaiting acceptance, I did it again...5 TIMES, with the same results. The 5th time, I even upgraded to the next level of TaxActd but got no better results. I gave up, submitted my extension without the payment and it went through. Unfortunately, it was after midnight so I will probably get clobbered with a late filing penalty. And now, I have been on the phone with the IRS for 30 minutes, finally got a human whom I spoke with for about 3 minutes and then rerouted to 'payments due' and have started the entire wait process all over again. "We estimate your wait time to be betwen 15 and 30 minutes."

I went to TaxAct initially because TurboTax pissed me off. Where do I go now, because I absolutely WILL NOT use TaxAct again!

#unhappy_beyond_belief

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Failure to process my irs payment
    • Overall performance compared to past years
    • Failure at the most critical point in the whole process
    • Difficulty in navigating the site compared to past years

Reason of review:
Bad quality
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Taxact Plus
Review category
Tax services
review #832555

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with TaxAct? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
6 of 36 TaxAct reviews

Apr 19, 2016 #1146810

Same thing is happening to me. I'm not filing an extension, just trying to pay what I owe. The processing page has been saving for 28 minutes now. The time out page has come up 3-4 times and I keep hitting continue. I started last night and it did the same thing to me. I am beyond upset.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.