John Wolsey's Tax Lien Academy is a scam!
Buyer Beware!! John Wolsey's TAX LIEN ACADEMY (www.mhmoffers.com/taxsales.html#) is a not on the up-and-up. (Another URL for the Tax Lien Academy is http://community.icontact.com/p/taxlienacademy.)
Filled out the form to order "the book," gave credit card info, pressed the "submit" button and WHAMMO, the site crashed. But lo and behold, my credit card was charged $37. I called the number in the bank statement and was given the ole' merry-go-round treatment. Justin Gurr answered and suggested I call the number on the website. Called the number on the website, a recorded message said the conversation would be recorded and then the line went dead. Tried it again...same thing.
Called Justin Gurr back and he said, "Well, there's not much I can do. Try it again. Good luck." Yeah right. Where's John Wolsey when you need him?
Turns out the Tax Lien Academy is/was run by the Mars Hill Media group, in fact a church group. A Yahoo search revealed that Mars Hill Media is/was owned by a church and their phone has been disonnected.
A search on "John Wolsey" reveals that he is now operating under the URL http://community.icontact.com/p/taxlienacademy. That's where his "newsletters" are posted. His newletters are nothing more than a few words on one page. They don't even come close to the meat of tax liens; they are just "come ons" to get you to buy his book and his course.
Funny... If you click on the link in the newsletter "tax liens made simple course" it takes you back to his scam main page where he wants you to buy his "book." Turns out, his "book" is nothing more than a bunch of downloaded pages.
Caveat Emptor!!! John Wolsey and his Tax Lien Academy are nothing more than a scam.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Tax Lien Real Estate Course
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "The software is lousy, the textbooks are overpriced, and support? what support? They made me pay TWICE b/c they happily took my payment but didn't give me access to my..."
- "Hey difry_uti, I went to NTI in 2010. Its is a scam! NTI LIED!!! In every aspect pertaining to the school. From the recruiter coming to my home to graduating..."
- "I am at PJC in the culinary program, if your lucky and get to go off center for your classes then you will be fine but having them on center..."
- "When my wife and I arrived at Villa del palmar, Edgar was there and ready to help up check in and find our room. The room was very clean and..."
- "Months of wasted time!!! I'm so pissed right now that I could spit nails. The launch of our new business has now been put on hold indefinitely due to the..."
- "After being pleased with six months of Urthbox subscribership, I noticed that the subscription had unexpected renewed itself. I was not too concerned, and asked customer service to please cancel..."
- "Purchased this couches at jeromes furniture in chulavista on 02/2016. First week stitches came off jeromes send a tech. 2nd time paint came off of the couch. Third visit all..."
- " Inline Tile and Stone, license #789209, (aka Inline Kitchen and Bath), both owned by Duane Borad, charged me over $80,000 for shoddy work, incomplete work, and then..."
- "Their service sucks! Couple days ago I notice my page was in blank when I had many listings and I contact them by email and they said because they send..."