Tanner And Ortega - Howard Tanner Esq. Lawyer is HORRIBLE / DO NOT HIRE !!

3 of 4 Tanner And Ortega reviews

Howard Tanner Esq Lawyer is totally incompetent. I was scammed out of $10,000 dollars by this sleazy lawyer. I paid him his legal fees, in cash, upfront as requested by him. He mentioned that he wanted to cheat the IRS regarding his income taxes. He insisted on being paid in cash and not by check.

He promised me he would get me a Green Card and a US Legal Alien Resident Card in 60 days. He tricked me. He scammed me. It's been 3 years now and no sign of any Green Card. I call his office and he doesn't answer. I go to his office at 30 Vesey Street, Manhattan, and the office is closed.

I spoke to the janitor named "Hugo Gabriel" and he said the office has been closed for over 2 years now.

I want my money back. Howard Tanner, you are a scammer ! Give me back my money.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Tanner And Ortega Legal Services
Review category
Lawyers
review #784907 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Tanner And Ortega? Submit review ›
Helpful? 10 Yes 10 0 No 0
Had the same issue 5 Yes 5
3 of 4 Tanner And Ortega reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
hetesq

Feb 10 #1109956

I am Howard Tanner, attorney and partner in Tanner & Ortega. My partner, Hugo Ortega, and I have been practicing law for over 26 years and established our firm 18 years ago, in 1998. In all of those years of practice, we have NEVER had any client file any complaint or grievance with any legal bar association nor file any malpractice lawsuit against us. See for yourself at nycourts.gov/attorneys/registration/index.shtml. For a true representation of our firm and what we do for our clients, please visit tannerortega.com, avvo.com and superlawyers.com where you can read true testimonials from real clients.
The "complaint" here is FALSE. We have never practiced immigration law nor represented anyone in an immigration case. "Jerome_Issac" was not an immigration client but an ARSON CLIENT who I represented in a high publicity case. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/court-docs-brooklyn-elevator-torcher-drank-booze-slept-easy-burning-deloris-gillespie-alive-article-1.1008811.
"Jerome_Issac", "anonymous", "mi dios amigos" and "Pedro Martinez Villanueva" are all the same sick and pathetic person posting lies all over this website and others. He needs help.
As you can imagine, this cowardly person attacking us anonymously on the internet, has caused us harm and distress. We need to set the record straight. He shows no signs of stopping this obsessive and immoral behavior. We will fight this as hard we fight for each and every one of our clients, but in an ethical way. If

0 9 Reply

Feb 10 #1109448

Thank you, everyone. Mucho Gracias !!!
I will sent Form 1099 to the IRS. And, then sue him in small claims court.
After that I will file formal complaint with the Attorney's Committee.
Thank you, God Bless you All.
I work hard and I pay my income taxes. I may not make that much money but I would never steal any money like this lawyer. I come from Mexico, I learned to speak English, I work 7 days a week for 14 hours each day to support my family, I obey all laws, I do nothing illegal.
Gracias Mi Amigos !! From: Original Poster

10 1 Reply

Feb 09 #1108939

I am Hugo Ortega, attorney and partner in Tanner & Ortega. My partner, Howard Tanner, and I have been practicing law for over 26 years and established our firm 18 years ago, in 1998. In all of those years of practice, we have NEVER had any client file any complaint or grievance with any legal bar association nor file any malpractice lawsuit against us. The allegation anonymously posted here with a fake anonymous username is patently false. For a true representation of our firm and what we do for our clients, please visit www.tannerortega.com where you can read true testimonials from real clients. Feel free to contact us. We will always respond to you promptly.
As you can imagine, this cowardly person attacking us anonymously on the internet, has caused us harm and distress. We need to set the record straight. He shows no signs of stopping this obsessive and immoral behavior. We will fight this as hard as we fight for each and every one of our clients, but in an ethical way. If this person was a real client with a real complaint, he would contact us to resolve the issue. We still invite him to do so.
For the past several weeks, our cyber investigation has confirmed that one person, who remains anonymous and conceals his online identity with fake usernames, targeted us with an online campaign of malicious, defamatory and completely fabricated complaints, profiles and comments, such as this one. A quick google search of us will result in hits for “scam lawyers”,

0 8 Reply

Feb 06 #1107657

Don't settle for being ripped off. And don't be intimidated by the fact that this sleazebag is an attorney.
Option 1: In New York, you can sue him in small claims court for up to $5,000 for which the filing fee is $20. You will not need an attorney to do this, and if the situation is as you describe it you will most likely be awarded an enforceable judgment against him for the amount you paid him for services you did not receive plus the costs of bringing suit.
Here is a guide to New York City's small claims courts system:
Here is one that covers New York State:
http://www.nycourts.gov/courthelp/pdfs/smallclaimshandbook.pdf Option 2: Every county in New York State has mediation and/or alternative dispute resolution services available to the general public, many of which are at little or no charge. Here are links to mediation and alternative dispute resolution in New York City and/or State: http://www.nycbar.org/media-aamp-publications/brochuresbooks/alternative-dispute-resolution-how-to-resolve-your-dispute-without-going-to-court#gettouse https://www.nycourts.gov/ip/adr/Info_for_parties.shtml Option 3: File a formal complaint with the Attorney Disciplinary Committee that serves the county you are in. In New York State there is no charge for doing this, and if your claim has merit the attorney will be disciplined (which in some cases can result in fines, restitution, suspension or

9 1 Reply

Feb 06 #1107537

Send a 1099 form to the IRS for the amount you paid. At least he will not cheat taxpayers.

10 1 Reply
Mi Dios Amigos

Feb 06 #1107452 New York, New York, United States

Mi tambien. Howard Tanner es no bueno. El hombre es muy malo. Sabo la officina a la 30 Vesey calle. Si, yo comprendo. Lo siento amigos.

8 1 Reply
Pedro Martinez-Villanueva

Feb 06 #1107447 New York, New York, United States

IMMIGRATION APPLICATIONS ARE FREE. NO NEED FOR A LAWYER UNLESS YOU FACING DEPORTATION.
I PERSONALLY DEALT WITH THIS MAN, HOWARD TANNER, AND HE SCAMMED ME ALSO. HE TAKES ADVANTAGE OF MANY ILLEGAL ALIENS AND STEALS THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY. MANY ARE TOO SCARED TO REPORT HIM. I GIVE YOU CREDIT FOR COMING FORWARD.
SORRY YOU GOT SCAM. I GOT SCAMMED TOO.
THIS LAWYER IS DISHONEST. STAY FAR AWAY FOR HIM !!!

10 2 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.