2.3

I am writing to you to voice my frustration with the Tan Republic in Salem Oregon located on Lancaster Dr. I called on 12/7/23 to cancel my membership and was advised I needed to email tanrepublic@***.com stating I wanted to cancel.

The girl also said I called just in time and to send the email that day so I wouldn't get charged for the month of January. I sent the email as soon as we got off the phone that day. I then received an email on January 15th (over a month later) stating they needed my full name and DOB. It was at that time I noticed I was still charged for the month of January.

I emailed back on 1/17/24 with that information and asked to be reimbursed for the month of January. I did not hear back so I called 1/19/24 and spoke to a girl who said she would text her manager and asked me to send another email. I did as she suggested and sent another email. Fast forward almost 2 weeks later I still had not received an email or a call.

I called again 1/28/24 and was told by another employee that she would text her manager. I received no phone call or email with a follow up. I then called again 1/31/24, and the same thing happened, the employee said she would text her manager. This time, I asked when her manager works and was told she works mornings.

Come 9 am today I still had no email and no call. I called in asking to speak to Macey who I was told was the manager. She said " I see the account is still active" I then went on to tell her how many times I have emailed and called with no response and that I was extremely frustrated. Her response to me was " I need you to calm down and take a deep breath, I do not do well when people are showing frustration towards me".

I found this to be very unprofessional and only more aggravating considering my situation. She then said that I was charged for January because I did not send the email in time. She said I sent the email 12/12/23 and that she is "canceling my membership now" . I was so angry all I could say was "that is all I wanted.

After ending the call I looked into my email and confirmed I sent it before the 12th as I mentioned above I sent it on 12/7/23. I also have in my bank records that they have taken out money every month on the 6th, except for August 2023 and January 2024 where they took it out on the 7th in which case this means I did cancel at the correct time in order to not get charged for January. I feel as though this manager should be held acceptable.

The communication on behalf of your manager was terrible, resulting in payments that should have not been taken out and I would like to be reimbursed for the month of January. If you would like me to attach my many emails with the dates, I would be happy to do so.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

-Chelsea Clark

Location: Portland, Oregon

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Tan Republic Reviews