Sysco Moving and Storage
First thing: I did my research I checked Angie's list, joined just for this move, checked the Better Business Bureau, plus any review web pages for NY metro area prior to inking the deal.
I was emailed an estimate based on 17500 lbs, or 2500 to 3000 cubic feet; I actually used 3600 cubic feet (Pricing based on Cubic feet). I asked the mover (Vanessa) to send somone on-site several times to comfirm their price for $7900.00 to worse case $8450.00. I was assured that I would be "Taken Care of" and that she didn't have to come on-site, she had 20 yrs experience and worked with national carrier for 10 yrs. I over estimated everything 5+ bedroom house (only had three), a 10x10 storage locker filled with sports cards, and two 10X15 storage lockers, one 2/3 full and the other 3/4 full. I had two on-site estimates that both came in at 15000 to 16000 lbs with cost fixed at 12K and 11.5K respectively (Mahon movers and Atlas). I thought worse case scenario I would be charged 10K based on the companies estimates. The day before the pick up I told the mover that I would use 2/3 rds to of a 53 foot truck, Vanessa said that would be no problem and the price would not exceed $8500.00, since they had a small shipment 1200 cubic feet to fill the rest of the trailer, which was enabling her to give me a better price. (I have electronic copies of the estimate and the actual bill)
The day of the move they were suppose to be on-site at 0800 hrs, they didn't show up until 1100 hrs (movers) and the truck didn't show up until almost 1300 hrs. The company did a very bad job, they were slow, they charged me $2500 for packing material, and I am a veteran and know how to pack (Everything was boxed except the Furniture and TV's). I believe they over used boxes to expedite the process when the dispatcher started getting very mad because of the pace they were moving. They purposely over used materials to gouge me, and it still didn't stop them from damaging some of our most valuable items. All but four of the movers actually worked hard, they took 18 hrs to pack my furniture, and load my belonging. They were verbally abusive to each other and by the end of the night, everything pack in the last two hours was broke when the truck arrived in FL. I have pictures of the mess, the estimate that was a classic Bate and Switch see the 7/27/2011 in USA today. The last stop Community Storage on Rt 6 and Rt 209 in Milford pa said low body movers have entered their facility all the time, they tacted on another $2000.00 for transfer fee. This company gouged me every possible way. The owners of Community Storage owner will atest to the what I am writing 570-409-6977 (Tom).
This company is the worst experience I ever had, what company would commit to this big of a job without see the job, my mistake was thinking they could save me a couple thousand dollars since they had a load to off set the diesel costs. Buyers beware this company does not belong in business.
$2000.00 roll-top desk (have pictures)$3000.00 pair of high end washer and dryer dented $ 500.00 of pictures glass broke out of frames$5000.00 China Cabnet side glass broke out of the unit.$ 200.00 Dining room chair arms broke off$2000.00 of contents in boxes broken crushed destroyed
When I called the company, from FL, and told them how much of my items were destroyed the company said did you get more insurance, that they would only give me 60 cents a pound. I asked about that and I was reassured that I would not need it since they do such a good job and never break things. The best part was at the end of the night when I became a hostage; I was told that I had an exclusive / dedicated trailer. Well, when they started moving my items into our house there were three items that didn't belong to me (shelves, parts of a bed, and several boxes).
1. Never take this companies estimate serious.2. Watch the over use of packing materials (ie using boxes to pack boxes in)?3. They try to assure you that they been in business a long time and are always close, they are a typical bate and switch. 4. If after hearing the way Vanessa treated me, called me everyday before the job, nice as can be, and after they started my job totally became mean, and unprofessional.
5. I am amazed that companies like this can stay in business, they are slick sales people.6. They made me believe they owned their 53 ft truck and it was sub contracted out. 7. They misrepresented every possible aspect of the job and gouged me when ever they could; how does a job go from worse case $8500.00 to $16900.00. I have all the proof.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Moving Company
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "The manager Geoffrey Taylor and Victoria are racist. I went to see about a storage unit and was told they no more units available as soon as I walked in..."
- "I bought model home furniture to be used in a house I had under construction. I stored it at the Self-Store on 484 in Ocala, Florida, a storage facility..."
- "We hired Dodge Moving & Storage to transfer our belongings from St. Louis, MO to Granbury, Texas. They basically damaged or destroyed every set we owned. Found out that they..."
- "I Purchased a A/C unit from the above website on 8/18/2011. The unit comes with a 2 yr warranty. All goes well for 1.5 yrs. I am very pleased with..."
- "I ordered a 100 dollar necklace with 7 charms and a plate... And then payed for expedited shipping... I got the package on time, just to open it and find..."
- "I bought a "leather" sofa 3 years ago. I was assured that it would last for a long time. But soon the "leather" started to peel. when I came back..."
- "...This company lied and said they attempted to deliver a package at 8:04 pm at night to a business..."
- "This website market's as an Australian website but it's managed by Systematic Trade Ltd in the U.K. No contact information or clear disclosure. They have 4 consistent "winners' who I..."
- "I ordered a miu miu shoes online, they came the wrong size so I went to the store itself to exchange them...they did not have them in their inventory. So..."