Featured Not resolved

I bought the Swiffer Sweeper Rechargeable Cordless Vac about 1 year ago and it did work fine for the first 5 months and it soon became one of my favorite appliances to use daily.However , shortly after that 5 months , it started not to last long on it's charge and this problem only became worse.

It got to the point that when I had intent to use it and it was fully charged, the minute that I turned it on to use , it would die immediately.

I now no longer use it ,as I attempted several times to use it and it continues not to work.I am very unsatisfied with this product and I may have to rethink ever purchasing another product from Swiffer.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Swiffer Sweep+vac Sweeper
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Swiffer?

Comments

Mike_mn
Andover, Minnesota, United States #1320563

This is a common issue with this vac!Check out the reviews on Amazon.

Unfortunately, Swifter put NiCad batteries in these vacs!

They are the worst type of battery's to use in any product. Nicad batteries start loosing power as soon as there off the charger, even with the unit off.

10-12 minutes of run time after a 16 hour charge! That's horrible.

The battery is NOT replaceable without disassembling the unit and soldering in new batteries! Not recommended.

I wouldn' even bother.

P&G states to purchase a new unit is the batteries no longer charge! Wow! Guaranteed revenue by using an older inadequate battery.

That's enough to stay away.

Stay away from any rechargeable device that uses NiCad batteries. There worthless. They need to use newer battery types, AND, make them replaceable. Look for devices that use Lithium, or NiMH.

From Proctor & Gamble... Charge the battery with the provided charger for 12-18 hours or until green indicator light is on to ensure there is sufficient battery life. If the battery does not charge, turn off the Swiffer. The Swiffer cannot recharge if it is on.

If after 12 hours of charging the battery is still incapable of powering the device, it will most likely need a replacement unit. When purchased new, the Swiffer SweeperVac can operate on battery power for approximately 10-12 minutes after 16 hours of charging.

Ensure you are charging it for at least 12 hours...

MY COMPLAINT IS ON THE WORX ALL IN ONE LEAF BLOWER/VACUUM CLEANER.IT STOPPED WORKING AFTER REMOVING LEAVES AROUND THE HOUSE AFTER ONLY MY THIRD USE.

SO I CALLED THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE; AND SOMEONE PICKED UP THE PHONE IN ORDER TO STOP IT FROM CONTINUALLY RINGING, AND THEY HUNG IT UP. SO I CALLED BACK AND THEY DID THE SAME THING. THEY NEVER ANSWERED.

THAT'S IT.AND I NEVER GOT MY $100 BACK!!!

SO NOW WHEN I SEE ANY WORX PRODUCTS I LOOK THEE OTHER WAY.

Mike_mn
to Anonymous Andover, Minnesota, United States #1320564

I could be that they got the number mixed up, and the unfortunate people that have the number just have had enough.

You can always go online, and submit either an online ticket, online chat, or, send customer service an email.

Don't give up. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.