Supreme Outlet - Sent damaged $400 wine cooler won't refund money
We called Supreme Outlet regarding a heavily damaged $400 Avanti wine cooler that we received from them. We sent them pictures of the damage which could not have happened in shipping because there was absolutely no indication from the carton or it's interior packing material, that any damage could not have occurred to the contents in shipping. However, when we opened up the carton it was impossible to imagine that the Avanti cooler could not have been damaged prior to packing. Supreme Outlet said that they inspected it before it was shipped, but that is just inconceivable, because even the interior packing material like the heavy cardboard corners show not even the slightest damage neither does the Styrofoam base where the bashed up bottom and bashed in screw feet sat. The damage was such that we could not have done it ourselves even if we had dropped it from a 2 story building. There was a very heavy metal door hinge that was actually bent down 45 degrees, yet the glass door wasn't broken (we can't even imagine a possibility how this could have happened, other than it had to have occurred prior to the door being hung. The packaging was the only thing holding the door on. I have a feeling that since this was packed in the manufacturers packaging, that Supreme Outlet didn't unpack, inspect it and then repack it,-(although they claim that they did to cover their liability, but that is impossible)--- most probably, this was ordered through Supreme Outlet- yet sent to us directly from the Avanti manufacturers warehouse. I'm sure that is how their online business works.
So far we have received emails and have had conversations with customer service that claimed that they would have UPS come out and inspect it---but oops--we had to have saved every square inch of packing material--and we have-- all except for the cardboard carton which was cut up in opening the product. Apparently if they could pin this on UPS then they would refund our money. We have all the interior packing material which would definately prove to UPS that they did not drop the item.
Bottom line is that Supreme Outlet or Avanti sent us a damaged item--AND this is not the first review of this kind for Supreme Outlet--other reports of damaged items received and in particular Avanti wine coolers. They claim that they have a new customer service dept. and not to pay heed to the past bad reviews. So far this appears to be the same 'pass the buck policy' that I have read about them from past disgruntled customers.
We are still trying to resolve this and will post the outcome here on as soon as we hear from Supreme Outlet as to what they plan to do regarding our claim. If this doesn't get resolved by us getting our money back, then I plan to take this to the NY State BBB, and NY dept. of Consumer Affairs and will post on this site as well as others. We really have been ripped off here and are getting very frustrated.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Avanti Wc400Ss Wine Cooler
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "In October 2009 we decided to purchase a Maytag Bravos 850 series washer and dryer combo for approx. $1800. We figured investing in a "premium" set of appliances from..."
- "I bought a Clipacell for my cell phone at the Ohio State Fair from Tom Patterson, of Patterson Services, LLC. It was guaranteed for life, period. It broke in only..."
- "I got lured in to buying a tv here because of the price..i think we all do. Nowhere did it say they were re-sellers of refurbished product. I bought..."
- "I had read several reviews that painted this site in a bad light. I then continued my research and watched a few youtube review videos. After I did that, I..."
- "I purchased not one but two Electric Daisy Carnival tickets. Highly over priced but I expected that for a resale website. What I'm pissed about is the fact that they..."
- "Our 4 year old Trex deck started flaking. Trex had been sued re this problem and settled. Because of the lawsuit they had to follow up on our claim. After..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."
- "I ordered something on ali express and made payment through my debit card. Amount got debited from my account. but i cancelled order before verification. although payment has been made..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."