Supreme Outlet - Sent damaged $400 wine cooler won't refund money
We called Supreme Outlet regarding a heavily damaged $400 Avanti wine cooler that we received from them. We sent them pictures of the damage which could not have happened in shipping because there was absolutely no indication from the carton or it's interior packing material, that any damage could not have occurred to the contents in shipping. However, when we opened up the carton it was impossible to imagine that the Avanti cooler could not have been damaged prior to packing. Supreme Outlet said that they inspected it before it was shipped, but that is just inconceivable, because even the interior packing material like the heavy cardboard corners show not even the slightest damage neither does the Styrofoam base where the bashed up bottom and bashed in screw feet sat. The damage was such that we could not have done it ourselves even if we had dropped it from a 2 story building. There was a very heavy metal door hinge that was actually bent down 45 degrees, yet the glass door wasn't broken (we can't even imagine a possibility how this could have happened, other than it had to have occurred prior to the door being hung. The packaging was the only thing holding the door on. I have a feeling that since this was packed in the manufacturers packaging, that Supreme Outlet didn't unpack, inspect it and then repack it,-(although they claim that they did to cover their liability, but that is impossible)--- most probably, this was ordered through Supreme Outlet- yet sent to us directly from the Avanti manufacturers warehouse. I'm sure that is how their online business works.
So far we have received emails and have had conversations with customer service that claimed that they would have UPS come out and inspect it---but oops--we had to have saved every square inch of packing material--and we have-- all except for the cardboard carton which was cut up in opening the product. Apparently if they could pin this on UPS then they would refund our money. We have all the interior packing material which would definately prove to UPS that they did not drop the item.
Bottom line is that Supreme Outlet or Avanti sent us a damaged item--AND this is not the first review of this kind for Supreme Outlet--other reports of damaged items received and in particular Avanti wine coolers. They claim that they have a new customer service dept. and not to pay heed to the past bad reviews. So far this appears to be the same 'pass the buck policy' that I have read about them from past disgruntled customers.
We are still trying to resolve this and will post the outcome here on as soon as we hear from Supreme Outlet as to what they plan to do regarding our claim. If this doesn't get resolved by us getting our money back, then I plan to take this to the NY State BBB, and NY dept. of Consumer Affairs and will post on this site as well as others. We really have been ripped off here and are getting very frustrated.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Avanti Wc400Ss Wine Cooler
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "I bought a RainSoft water softener after mailing in a water sample that I brought home from Home Depot. I wrote the check (see attachment), but the account is..."
- "purchase a nuwave oven in less than one year the dome like all other complaints i have read has cracked. had i known about the DEFFECT in this product i..."
- "I ordered a brand new 2016 Vizio TV. It came delivered to me in an undamaged box but the unit is damaged. I sent the pictures as requested..."
- "I received a letter in the mail stating I was "Pre-approved" for a credit card. After having difficulty signing up online I decided to call. Eventually, I was told that..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "I purchased a 9 in tablet in june of 2016. When received it would not connect bluetooth whith mine or my wifes phones. Was sent another and it worked flawlessly..."
- "Bought a klaussner sectional and the construction of it is off. The pillows don't even line up in one area. I'm actually impressed on how bad they screwed up on..."
- "I went to a CVS yesterday 06Aug15 to buy some makeup because I forgot my makeup at work and I was traveling. I purchased the attached items and only used..."
- "I just recently decided to start bidding on Quibids. I thought it was pretty nice, until I decided to hover my mouse over one of my competitors. I looked at..."