Superior Roofing - Commercial Roofing Nightmare - BEWARE
April 03 2008, Superior Roofing aka Keith Burnette Enterprises and I contracted to install a roof-over (approx 20,000 sq ft)on a section of a commercial building that I own. After much discussion with Mr. Burnette; hearing his explanation of his product, and discussing with him the length of time roof would last(worry-free), I was told 12-15 years(which included replacing drains). The roof life/longevity was a major factor in my discussions with all contractors. The contract in full at completion was $44,600.00, for the section.
3-4 years into the roof's life, my tenants started calling me that the roof was leaking. The tenants kept calling me with leaking issues. I would immediately contact Mr. Burnette, who continually told me that he couldn't get up on the roof to repair it until it was completely dry. During these stall tactics; the weight of the water, plus the fact that the water was leaking under the roofing into the insulation (additional weight), combined with the fact that the drains were set too high caused the structure to start to sag. The roof had no sag when Mr. Burnette started the job. Once Mr Burnette saw that the roof wasn't working correctly, he came back and told me that the drains weren't working properly to remove the water. He then told me that I needed to pay an additional $2000.00 for 2 additional drains. Considering what I had paid him based on his job quote for a fully functioning roof, I wanted him to make the roof work correctly, as we had contracted.
Approximately 1 year ago, I started texting Mr Burnette that the roof was still leaking. He went over and stated he repaired the roof (approx. 1/29/2015). The tenant stated that it was still leaking after his visit. Beginning April 2015, the water started leaking into my (completely renovated) office space, AGAIN. I contacted him immediately and a long onslaught of, "I'm out of town, but I will get over there" and "I can't get it repaired until it's completely dry" ensued. Over this timeframe, the number of leaks have progressed to 40 or 50! Starting approx. 12/28/2015, Mr Burnette began pushing back. We looked at the roof. I continuously asked him to tell me what to do. Finally, after much prodding, he stated he wasn't really sure, but could add drains for $4500.00 (this price would not include repairing all of the leaks). At that time, I sought additional opinions, realizing I needed outside help. After core samples were taken, 3 different GAF Master Certified Installers all told me the same thing - the roofing product that was placed on the front and mid-section of the roof (modified Bitumen Cap Sheet)was not correct for a 100% FLAT roof. core samples attached showing that neither Asphalt primer, nor any other adhesive was used on the 36" of product exclusive of the 4"seam Since the product wasn't adhered correctly, it is forming air/gas and causing the seams to open, thus creating numerous leaks. The front and mid-section (approx 20,000 sq ft) will need to be roofed-over with a correct product (TPO) at an additional cost of $40,000 - $50,000+ dollars!
Mr Burnette has offered many lies and excuses as to why his work is perfect and it isn't his fault. They are all just that... lies and excuses.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Superior Roofing Repairs
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "3/4/2015First and for most - if you get these filters pay with a credit card or open their credit card. When you have issues and want them off your house..."
- "Letter sent to College works with NO response.Please find below comments on my experience with College Works. Nathen (project manager) explained the process to me, and as a business..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "For over a month and a half at my home in Charlotte, NC , USIC has been sitting in the parking area for hours, sometimes never getting out of trucks,..."
- "I ordered the "Meet your dream" Bouquet/Teddy bear/Chocolates combo from Phoolwala.com. They charged me an extra Rs.400 for delivery charges to that small town. I ordered this bouquet for a..."
- "I order living set, King bedroom set,dining table set, entertainment set received some broken some missing pieces want back to the store they replace another order and it come some..."
- "My experience with Vacation Rental Pros has been nothing short of horrific. My family booked a large beach house near Vilano Beach, Fla., for a weeklong stay beginning Oct. 8...."
- "I have only had this faucet since March of 2015, six months later it is already leaking at the sprayer. If all water is not out of the sprayer after..."