Superior Roofing - Commercial Roofing Nightmare - BEWARE
April 03 2008, Superior Roofing aka Keith Burnette Enterprises and I contracted to install a roof-over (approx 20,000 sq ft)on a section of a commercial building that I own. After much discussion with Mr. Burnette; hearing his explanation of his product, and discussing with him the length of time roof would last(worry-free), I was told 12-15 years(which included replacing drains). The roof life/longevity was a major factor in my discussions with all contractors. The contract in full at completion was $44,600.00, for the section.
3-4 years into the roof's life, my tenants started calling me that the roof was leaking. The tenants kept calling me with leaking issues. I would immediately contact Mr. Burnette, who continually told me that he couldn't get up on the roof to repair it until it was completely dry. During these stall tactics; the weight of the water, plus the fact that the water was leaking under the roofing into the insulation (additional weight), combined with the fact that the drains were set too high caused the structure to start to sag. The roof had no sag when Mr. Burnette started the job. Once Mr Burnette saw that the roof wasn't working correctly, he came back and told me that the drains weren't working properly to remove the water. He then told me that I needed to pay an additional $2000.00 for 2 additional drains. Considering what I had paid him based on his job quote for a fully functioning roof, I wanted him to make the roof work correctly, as we had contracted.
Approximately 1 year ago, I started texting Mr Burnette that the roof was still leaking. He went over and stated he repaired the roof (approx. 1/29/2015). The tenant stated that it was still leaking after his visit. Beginning April 2015, the water started leaking into my (completely renovated) office space, AGAIN. I contacted him immediately and a long onslaught of, "I'm out of town, but I will get over there" and "I can't get it repaired until it's completely dry" ensued. Over this timeframe, the number of leaks have progressed to 40 or 50! Starting approx. 12/28/2015, Mr Burnette began pushing back. We looked at the roof. I continuously asked him to tell me what to do. Finally, after much prodding, he stated he wasn't really sure, but could add drains for $4500.00 (this price would not include repairing all of the leaks). At that time, I sought additional opinions, realizing I needed outside help. After core samples were taken, 3 different GAF Master Certified Installers all told me the same thing - the roofing product that was placed on the front and mid-section of the roof (modified Bitumen Cap Sheet)was not correct for a 100% FLAT roof. core samples attached showing that neither Asphalt primer, nor any other adhesive was used on the 36" of product exclusive of the 4"seam Since the product wasn't adhered correctly, it is forming air/gas and causing the seams to open, thus creating numerous leaks. The front and mid-section (approx 20,000 sq ft) will need to be roofed-over with a correct product (TPO) at an additional cost of $40,000 - $50,000+ dollars!
Mr Burnette has offered many lies and excuses as to why his work is perfect and it isn't his fault. They are all just that... lies and excuses.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Superior Roofing Repairs
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "My Adams Homes StoryMy Defective Adams Home Story. Three years ago September of 2006 my family purchased a 3000 square foot home from Adams Homes of North East Florida. This..."
- "I just had one of Leaffilter's sleasy sales people over at my place. They basically use any sales tactic to get the sale. Here are a couple things I have..."
- "We originally had our old gutters replaced due to water leakage with new gutters through Gutter Helmet of the Pikes Peak Region a few years ago (Colrado Springs, CO.). Our..."
- "We purchased a queeen size Serta Mattress set from Mazer in Birmingham Alabama that is defective. I had it picked up and delivered to the house we are buying, but..."
- "I purchased a brand new radiator with a lifetime warranty from O'Reilly, had my mechanic (of 20+ years) properly install new radiator. Not even 2 weeks after the new radiator..."
- "My Sony Xperia which is real piece of work stopped working, no one could clearly hear me, the sound was garbled. After taking the phone to CPR (Cell phone repair)..."
- "if this is how walmart ships items i will no longer buy from them and on top of it I was told since the items that I purchased were from..."
- "After 8 hours of trying to set up a new service for internet, I was told that Telus doesn't provide service in that area even though I had taken a..."
- "IHole in One International had such bad reviews BBB Bad reviews many of them I considered doing work with hole in one international and looked into their background and i..."