I am a stay at home Mom with no income (still mind-boggling that they were able to get approval for me without any income). I got involved with this company at their King Of Prussia office after filling out a survey at a baseball game to win a free cruise. We (my fiance and I) went to the "1 hour" presentation, showing us a video of all these beautiful places to travel. We were there for 3 hours! All their information is thrown at you very quickly, it's hard to keep track of all the details. We felt very pressured to buy. We did say No initially. I really wasn't even thinking clearly towards the end of the pitch, I ending up signing a contract at almost 10:00 at night.
In the upcoming days, after reviewing the vacation places available (nothing like what was presented to us during the presentation - bait and switch?), I knew I had made a impulsive decision and was not going to be using the services Sundance Vacations offers. I have not used any vacation services with the company and I will not be using any of their services. I spoke with people from Sundance Vacations on the phone and they tell me to call Tri-State Financial, I call Tri-State Financial and they tell me to call Sundance Vacations. When I called Sundance Vacations/Tri-State Financial they told me I cannot cancel my contract and the only thing I could do is to lower the payments. I've sent numerous emails stating I want to cancel to at least 3 different people, I've sent a fax stating my desire to cancel and still they haven't cancelled.
I want nothing to do with this company at all. They have NOT refunded my fiance's down payment of $150.00 even though his name was not on the contract and continue to send me delinquency notices. I stated my desire to cancel before my first payment was due. After expressing my desire to cancel and being told I couldn't, I had a feeling like we ware being scammed, my fiance closed the bank account they took the down payment with and would have been taking payments (and we informed Sundance Vacations, Inc and Tri-State Financial that we stopped payments with the bank). Sundance Vacations did not explain at any point during the presentation or sale information that we would not be able to cancel.
I've given up dealing with them on the phone. I am in contact with the Federal Trade Commission, Attorney General, as well. The initial research I did on this company should have been enough, but we thought we could say no and stick to our guns, but they simply would not stop the pressure until we gave in, they just wouldn't take no for an answer.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Vacation Club Membership
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "Our Review of the Westgate Smoky Mountain Resort & Spa in Gatlinburg Tenn..."
- " Sundance Vacations, Inc. THEY LIED TO ME AND RIP ME OFF. NOW THEY WON'T GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK. Wilkes Barre Pennsylvania I didn't want to buy in to begin..."
- "At first I thought the deal was too good to be true, but there was absolutely no false advertising! You get exactly what you see on bookvip.com and no hidden..."
- "I have received the statement credit for my apartment 255-101, which I vacated on 07/31/2015. The statement seems to be wrong. Can you please check it? I am attaching it..."
- "My fiance ordered my flowers for our anniversary as a surprise from Pro-Flowers. He told me that he placed the order at 9am on a Friday and paid extra to..."
- "I went to the King of Prussia store last Saturday evening to purchase a cocktail dress. I chose a few to try and on and went into the Fitting..."
- "Hello there this is been the worst experience of my life well not quite but it has been a terrible one. I ordered a dress from tbdress and it was..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."
- "Order 32 chairs, 12 of them either have scratch or nails through the back to the front. They never sent me any tracking numbers or delivery date even I called..."