I am a stay at home Mom with no income (still mind-boggling that they were able to get approval for me without any income). I got involved with this company at their King Of Prussia office after filling out a survey at a baseball game to win a free cruise. We (my fiance and I) went to the "1 hour" presentation, showing us a video of all these beautiful places to travel. We were there for 3 hours! All their information is thrown at you very quickly, it's hard to keep track of all the details. We felt very pressured to buy. We did say No initially. I really wasn't even thinking clearly towards the end of the pitch, I ending up signing a contract at almost 10:00 at night.
In the upcoming days, after reviewing the vacation places available (nothing like what was presented to us during the presentation - bait and switch?), I knew I had made a impulsive decision and was not going to be using the services Sundance Vacations offers. I have not used any vacation services with the company and I will not be using any of their services. I spoke with people from Sundance Vacations on the phone and they tell me to call Tri-State Financial, I call Tri-State Financial and they tell me to call Sundance Vacations. When I called Sundance Vacations/Tri-State Financial they told me I cannot cancel my contract and the only thing I could do is to lower the payments. I've sent numerous emails stating I want to cancel to at least 3 different people, I've sent a fax stating my desire to cancel and still they haven't cancelled.
I want nothing to do with this company at all. They have NOT refunded my fiance's down payment of $150.00 even though his name was not on the contract and continue to send me delinquency notices. I stated my desire to cancel before my first payment was due. After expressing my desire to cancel and being told I couldn't, I had a feeling like we ware being scammed, my fiance closed the bank account they took the down payment with and would have been taking payments (and we informed Sundance Vacations, Inc and Tri-State Financial that we stopped payments with the bank). Sundance Vacations did not explain at any point during the presentation or sale information that we would not be able to cancel.
I've given up dealing with them on the phone. I am in contact with the Federal Trade Commission, Attorney General, as well. The initial research I did on this company should have been enough, but we thought we could say no and stick to our guns, but they simply would not stop the pressure until we gave in, they just wouldn't take no for an answer.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Problems with payment
- Product or service
- Vacation Club Membership
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "We went to Dreams on one of those "preview/sales" promotions with BookVIP. We got a SMOKIN deal and decided to go and try it out. We were gonna do the..."
- "This is one of the best vacations we've ever been on. I highly recommend it. We did it through Bookvip and they took care of it. It was very simple...."
- "9 months ago my wife and I received a call telling us we won a cruise. Similar to everyone else here we attended one of their sales shows and were..."
- "RANT...1000.......I KNOW YOU KNEW THIS DAY WAS COMMING?............WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!! ***!!!! HOW THE *** YOU GONNA POST MY 20 YEAR OLD CRIMINAL RECORD ON LINE ...MAKE UP FAKE..."
- "Bought this Proctor Silex individual coffee server at Target, and it made awful watery coffee, and spewed water over the counter. It made a horrific noise and a few times..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "I have received the statement credit for my apartment 255-101, which I vacated on 07/31/2015. The statement seems to be wrong. Can you please check it? I am attaching it..."
- "I just left the store located in King of Prussia for the second time this evening 8/25/2016!! I purchased chicken from the store. Once arriving home my wife and I..."
- "My fiance ordered my flowers for our anniversary as a surprise from Pro-Flowers. He told me that he placed the order at 9am on a Friday and paid extra to..."