Sundance Vacations. Here are the facts!
There are various packages but initially Sundance offers you 30 vacations (basically one per year for 30 years) for $15,000, $12,000 if you purchase that day only. Financing is available at approximately a 16.7% interest rate. Although financing is for 84 months (7 years) the Sundance contract is a 30-year commitment. Sundance Vacations spiel is that 30 weekly vacations, at $12,000, is equal to $400 per vacation, but let’s do the math:
Initial down payment of $2,400. = $2,400
$195 per month for 84 months.
(Financing the $9,600 balance) = $16,380
$339 annual membership fee x 30 years. = $10,170
$99.00 per week reservation fee x 30 weeks = $2,970
$30.00 per night peak travel time upgrade.
$30.00 per night x 7 nights = $210 per week.
(39 of the 52 yearly weeks are peak travel time.)
$210 per week peak travel time x 30 weeks = $6,300
That’s a total of $38,220 for 30 vacations or $1,274 per week and they are one bedroom accommodations because two bedrooms require another $210.00 per week upgrade. That would then equal $1,484 per week and that does not include meals, air fare, transfers to and from the airport, local taxes, on-site amenities, maid service, gratuities, etc.
All of the above ancillary fees are detailed in the Sundance Vacations contract. The minimum $1,274 per week is more than 3 times the $400.00 per week that Sundance suggests. In addition, with the exception of the initial purchase price, all the ancillary fees (yearly maintenance fees, weekly reservation fees, peak travel time upgrades, local taxes, etc.) are subject to increase as detailed in the Sundance Vacations contract. Also in the contract are very specific and burdensome requirements for booking vacations, quoting from that contract:
“You may assist our Vacation Fulfillment/Reservations department by being as flexible as possible with your desired vacation area and dates. Provide a total of 3 areas and/or 3 dates: The 3 vacation areas may have the same travel dates, or the 3 travel dates may all be for the same desired vacation area. Reservation Requests must be received at least 90 days in advance for peak season requests and 180 days in advance for holiday or special event times. Summer travel is defined as the dates between Memorial Day and Labor Day. Almost all dates qualify as peak travel so requests are typically 90 to 180 days in advance.”
$1,274 to $1,484 per vacation week (accommodations only) 90 to 180 days advanced written request with no guarantee that you’ll get the vacation time and place that you choose because all requests are based on “availability” as detailed in the Sundance Vacations contract. Is that a good deal? You be the judge.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Product or service
- Vacation Package
- Review category
- Travel Agencies
You May Also Like
- "We came to Breathless to get away and we had a wonderful time! The staff and E team were excellent!! We love going to the shows at night and the..."
- "Sundance Vacations works hard at covering up the truth about what they are giving to people. In the sales presentation, they'll show you pictures of luxurious nice vacation spots. They'll..."
- "Villa Del Palmar is a fabulous resort with an amazing and friendly staff. The various restaurants have great quality food along with fantastic pricing. Their wood fire pizza is sooo..."
- "Another "Posher" broke almost every listing rule: - inappropriate language - asking / pursuing a buyer if they're interested just bc they ask a ? - trying to do a..."
- "Chrysler Capital Auto Leasing refuses to terminate lease dismisses or acknowledge that they failed in Specific Performance on their contract by negating malfunctioning Jeep vehicle problems........ FCA Recall S55/NHSTA 16V-529..."
- "So it's obvious someone here go pissed and couldn't wait for their gear, caught an attitude with John, the owner of SOE and got fired as a customer.So here's the..."
- "I purchased the phone 6 months ago, boost mobile service was horrible in my area, so I let the account go. I was using the phone strictly for music in..."
- "Put gazebo up last week. One of the clamps on top, connector didn't lock all the way in position at top slightly off a hair. Other 3 locked..."
- "Attempted to buy flowers ordered over a week ahead of delivery date. No flowers were delivered then the rep said she would give me 2 dozen red roses . They..."