Sun Pools of East Tennessee - Horrible Pool installation, had to be entirely re-done
Sun Pools of East TN no longer operates from Jefferson City. Keith Lanphear now operates out of Dandridge, TN. If you want a substandard product, at exorbitant prices, by all means use him. Otherwise, do your homework and select a reputable builder. Don't check him out by his company name... Google Keith Lester Lanphear (in Florida). You'll be surprised what comes up.
Don't get caught like we did with a terrible installation that ran way over budget. He'll try to squeeze every penny out of you. Every aspect of the installation was wrong (terrible concrete job, hollow spots under the fiberglass pool, pool not level, no permits pulled, improper grounding, improper electrical installation, no electrical permit, terrible grade work). When he installed our pool, he didn't even have a valid contractor's license (even though he implied he did). I guess this explains why no permits were pulled (he said we didn’t need any).
We hired a great contractor to do the installation for a second time, so our $39K project (which was quoted at $32K) ended up costing us well over $50K. This included ripping out the concrete (no problem he stained it permanently with when he tried to clean concrete from our coping with acid and a crowbar and it dropped 3" over 3 ft.), re-grading the entire installation site and re-setting the pool. Yes I spoke with him and notified him of the problems he left us with, but he argued every point. No, I didn't give him a chance to correct his errors, they were too numerous and I don’t want him anywhere close to my property because he's totally clueless. The man doesn't even own a Bobcat for a final grade. He ran over my fence and gate with his track *** (pulling the concrete truck off my septic lines), and when he was leaving I asked him what he was going to do about the fence... His answer "Send me the bill". Don’t be another victim of this rip off artist!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Inground Pool Installation
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "We had 8 windows replaced last week. The installation team came in, got the old windows out, the new ones in and were working on caulking them. I decided to..."
- "I was very disappointed with this company. We had a main water line break which we could only hear and not see so it was required for us to hire..."
- "Window World thied to put my NEW replacement windows in my brick house cut out 4 windows put up wood and didnt seal or clean up I had to sealand..."
- "I ordered a two products from Bonanza vendors, best price I could find. Showing in stock, I purchased and later received an email stating it was out of stock, nicely..."
- "Had my UP2 for 8 months when the band broke, split in two. Filed a claim in Sept. '16 and was told they would replace within 3-4 weeks. As with..."
- "We purchase a home in Warners ny . We asked for the full size bathroom rough in for our basement . Now we have decided to finish our basement and..."