Sun Pools of East Tennessee - Horrible Pool installation, had to be entirely re-done
Sun Pools of East TN no longer operates from Jefferson City. Keith Lanphear now operates out of Dandridge, TN. If you want a substandard product, at exorbitant prices, by all means use him. Otherwise, do your homework and select a reputable builder. Don't check him out by his company name... Google Keith Lester Lanphear (in Florida). You'll be surprised what comes up.
Don't get caught like we did with a terrible installation that ran way over budget. He'll try to squeeze every penny out of you. Every aspect of the installation was wrong (terrible concrete job, hollow spots under the fiberglass pool, pool not level, no permits pulled, improper grounding, improper electrical installation, no electrical permit, terrible grade work). When he installed our pool, he didn't even have a valid contractor's license (even though he implied he did). I guess this explains why no permits were pulled (he said we didn’t need any).
We hired a great contractor to do the installation for a second time, so our $39K project (which was quoted at $32K) ended up costing us well over $50K. This included ripping out the concrete (no problem he stained it permanently with when he tried to clean concrete from our coping with acid and a crowbar and it dropped 3" over 3 ft.), re-grading the entire installation site and re-setting the pool. Yes I spoke with him and notified him of the problems he left us with, but he argued every point. No, I didn't give him a chance to correct his errors, they were too numerous and I don’t want him anywhere close to my property because he's totally clueless. The man doesn't even own a Bobcat for a final grade. He ran over my fence and gate with his track *** (pulling the concrete truck off my septic lines), and when he was leaving I asked him what he was going to do about the fence... His answer "Send me the bill". Don’t be another victim of this rip off artist!
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Inground Pool Installation
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "I'd like to caution any fellow Home Depot customers having issues with flooring installation or considering Home Depot for flooring. My ordeal began in early December 2014 and resolved with..."
- "I had my counter tops and back splash installed on 11-14-16. When I came home on the first day there was 1 gentlemen working in the kitchen. About 15 min..."
- "As a result of poor technical service to our furnace this company has caused over $20K worth of damage to our property. After careful consideration, they have offered 15%..."
- "Sofa and chair are both less than five years old. When we purchased our La-Z-Boy, we were told it was 100% real leather. I do not see a real quality..."
- "I ordered my son a basketball hoop as a Christmas gift from the Home Depot website on December 22nd, 2016. The delivery was supposed to be delivered on the first..."
- "I have owned my battery for around 2 years. Recently I was told by several mechanics that I had a bad cell in my battery and to replace it. As..."