Sun Pools of East TN no longer operates from Jefferson City. Keith Lanphear now operates out of Dandridge, TN. If you want a substandard product, at exorbitant prices, by all means use him. Otherwise, do your homework and select a reputable builder. Don't check him out by his company name... Google Keith Lester Lanphear (in Florida). You'll be surprised what comes up.

Don't get caught like we did with a terrible installation that ran way over budget. He'll try to squeeze every penny out of you. Every aspect of the installation was wrong (terrible concrete job, hollow spots under the fiberglass pool, pool not level, no permits pulled, improper grounding, improper electrical installation, no electrical permit, terrible grade work). When he installed our pool, he didn't even have a valid contractor's license (even though he implied he did). I guess this explains why no permits were pulled (he said we didn’t need any).

We hired a great contractor to do the installation for a second time, so our $39K project (which was quoted at $32K) ended up costing us well over $50K. This included ripping out the concrete (no problem he stained it permanently with when he tried to clean concrete from our coping with acid and a crowbar and it dropped 3" over 3 ft.), re-grading the entire installation site and re-setting the pool. Yes I spoke with him and notified him of the problems he left us with, but he argued every point. No, I didn't give him a chance to correct his errors, they were too numerous and I don’t want him anywhere close to my property because he's totally clueless. The man doesn't even own a Bobcat for a final grade. He ran over my fence and gate with his track *** (pulling the concrete truck off my septic lines), and when he was leaving I asked him what he was going to do about the fence... His answer "Send me the bill". Don’t be another victim of this rip off artist!

Review about: Inground Pool Installation.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $18000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Sun Pools of East Tennessee?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion