Sun Pools of East Tennessee - Horrible Pool installation, had to be entirely re-done

1 of 1 Sun Pools of East Tennessee reviews

Sun Pools of East TN no longer operates from Jefferson City. Keith Lanphear now operates out of Dandridge, TN. If you want a substandard product, at exorbitant prices, by all means use him. Otherwise, do your homework and select a reputable builder. Don't check him out by his company name... Google Keith Lester Lanphear (in Florida). You'll be surprised what comes up.

Don't get caught like we did with a terrible installation that ran way over budget. He'll try to squeeze every penny out of you. Every aspect of the installation was wrong (terrible concrete job, hollow spots under the fiberglass pool, pool not level, no permits pulled, improper grounding, improper electrical installation, no electrical permit, terrible grade work). When he installed our pool, he didn't even have a valid contractor's license (even though he implied he did). I guess this explains why no permits were pulled (he said we didn’t need any).

We hired a great contractor to do the installation for a second time, so our $39K project (which was quoted at $32K) ended up costing us well over $50K. This included ripping out the concrete (no problem he stained it permanently with when he tried to clean concrete from our coping with acid and a crowbar and it dropped 3" over 3 ft.), re-grading the entire installation site and re-setting the pool. Yes I spoke with him and notified him of the problems he left us with, but he argued every point. No, I didn't give him a chance to correct his errors, they were too numerous and I don’t want him anywhere close to my property because he's totally clueless. The man doesn't even own a Bobcat for a final grade. He ran over my fence and gate with his track *** (pulling the concrete truck off my septic lines), and when he was leaving I asked him what he was going to do about the fence... His answer "Send me the bill". Don’t be another victim of this rip off artist!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Sun Pools of East Tennessee reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Sun Pools of East Tennessee.
Filing a new complaint about
×