Verified Reviewer

Resolved
3.3
Poster increased review rating.

Update by user Sep 27, 2021

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with product replacement.

Original review posted by user Sep 16, 2021

Back a little over a year ago (14 months) I bought two new appliances for my Boat. I also had to buy a special kit for the door to hold bottles etc.

on the door because the fridge didn't come with this normally included fixture.

A few months ago my wife noticed that the door racks had tarnished and this is because they were poorly finished in chrome that was now flaking off.

So, I emailed the customer support department and expected to get the two door racks replaced because of the poor quality but this was not to be so and a customer support agent named Anna started with the lies and no support at all.

Anna Immediately started giving me excuses on how they needed maintaining and of course this was annoying because my wife is a clean freak and cleans the fridge weekly and the freezer monthly.

Then she said that they were not covered because the units were aboard a boat which by the way is a motor yacht with better heating and A/C that some homes and of course this is a refrigeration unit that we're talking about here which is always cold and damp so another lame excuse by this representative.

I have explained to her that I had the two racks looked at and the people that I went to showed me that the chrome finish was simply poorly applied and that they should be made out of stainless steel and not chrome but nevertheless the chroming process was poorly applied.

Anna, has now emailed me saying that I will need to purchase a new rack and shelf kit at almost $200 when I spent thousands of dollars purchasing the fridge, freezer and shelf kit.

I will add that my only issues are with the two poorly made racks and not the two under counter units which we love and of course my biggest complaint is the way that the customer service department simply dismiss customers like myself. Thanks Anna !

S

User's recommendation: Buy but don't expect help if something goes wrong.

Preferred solution: I would like the two racks replaced.

Summit Appliance Pros: Normally great appliances.

Summit Appliance Cons: Poor customer service.

Comments

#2069054

Ok, after getting nothing but bad service and advice from the people at Summit and being lied to on quite a few occasions I finally got a result. Of course I only got that result once I came here and complained about the poor service that Summit gave me after spending almost $4,000.00 on the fridge and freezer plus almost $200.00 for the poorly made racks.

It took about an hour after telling my story here that Summit got in touch and told me that "upper management" had decided to send me the replacement racks and I now have them and they'll be installed very soon. Hopefully these will last more than a year which is about as long as the original ones lasted before my wife noticed and started letting me know that I needed to do something. However because these things are chrome and not stainless I'm sure that they'll last about as long as the first set so I think that I'll take the poorly finished racks and have them refinished in a powder coat ready for next year when I hear from the wife again.

Anyway, I must say that this site is the best and will be getting some support from me because I doubt that I would have heard from anyone from Summit although I bet that I hear from them again soon asking me to revise this posting and to be honest If I hadnt been lied to and given the runaround I may have done just that but lets see how my mood takes me. lol.

#2065685

I have been holding off on adding to my review because Summit have actually started trying to work things out after I placed this review here. I'll keep updating as things progress.

#2063392

No one cares..

#2063395
@PissedConsumer2063392

EXACTLY

#2063493
@PissedConsumer2063392

You cared enough to comment. You have some weird flex going on where you like to insult complete strangers for complaining on a COMPLAINT website. I think it is really YOU that no one cares about and this is your way of lashing out at the world.

Summit Appliance Reviews