I stopped using their services and didn't even notice they'd been charging me until 2013. I sent them an email asking for a refund and to cancel my account. They replied with a link (that doesn't work currently)
I even gave them a followup call in 2014 asking for a refund and I wouldn't hang up, I asked to speak to a supervisor, I remember the rep hang up on me. I didn't think much of it, thinking, well, at the worst it was a $100 mistake on my part, but no, I just realized this year, when I see that 2 days ago July 3, 2016, they have charged my account, yet again for another year.
They've charged me for 3 years for a service I haven't used since technically, 2012.
Finding a helpful article on how to customize a deletion URL (http://www.daveenjoys.com/2015/10/06/the-travail-of-canceling-sugarsync-a-how-to/), I've managed to cancel my account, with the message: your account will be closed in July 2017. No. I want it closed now. I'd like to be refunded the $100 per year since emailing and requesting to close my account because there was no "close/delete account" link accessible through my accounting page.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Cancellation and refund policy
- Dishonest policies
- No refund policy what so ever
- Customer service
- Horrible customer service
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Sugarsync Subscription
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "DEVIX and Software International is a SCAM and full of pure FRAUDSTERS. Software Intl is the parent company of Devix International, eCRM labs, Inc., eZe Systems, Inc., and Sentinelworld,..."
- "I purchased a Microsoft Office Suite from TigerDirect.com and received the product today, 08/31/2011. The manufacturer's seal on the case had been broken which shows that the product had previously..."
- "I have been running a free AVAST version on the PC concerned and, thus, forgot to activate my AVAST internet Security version in late 2015. But, nevertheless, the service was..."
- "I ordered a pair of Super Timberland's as a gift for a friend. The items were received promptyly, however when the recipient received the gift the boots had been worn..."
- "Everything was fine until I barely drove it to the RV storage with no fluid in transmission. Transmission pan was leaking. Lucky it was repaired by my friend. Decided to..."
- "Just in case you're considering Champion for a new patio door, I'm here to warn you to find another brand of door in the landfill, and have it installed in..."