Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - BEWARE OF BED BUGS

2 of 4 Suburban Extended Stay Hotel reviews

I was staying at Suburban Lodge (Savannah, GA) for about a month. Two weeks before I left, I started having issues with my scalp- really itchy and bumps started to form. I didn't think too much of it- I thought it was a reaction to the pollen in the air. I changed rooms and the same problem happened again.

On the final night of my stay, I was getting ready for bed ( about 12:15am). I was in bed and glanced beside me when I saw a small brown/black bug crawling on the sheet next to me! When I picked the bug up and mashed it- I saw blood.

I immediately jumped out of the bed and pulled back the sheets. I found two bed bugs crawling around as well as two small blood stains on the sheets.

It was really late so I decided to talk to the manager in the morning. I know that he has a small child and I really didn't want to disturb them. There wasn't a whole lot of things that could be done anyway. I did, however, take pictures and I forward those to the Choice Hotels customer service email address.

The next morning, I went to check out. I did let the front desk clerk (younger lady- really nice) about the bugs. She said they could do an "exit" inspection (I have stayed there before and I have never seen them do an inspection at check out). I let her know that I had to leave, I was going to be late to work and I would be back later in the afternoon to finalize check out. When I let her know about the bugs another patron was in the office as well. He asked a few questions about them.

When I returned later in the afternoon, Peter was dismissive and arrogant. I told him about the bugs and attempted to show him the pictures that I had. He barely glanced at them. When I told him again, he then said that "they didn't notice anything and that they don't have that problem." He said that after looking at the pictures that I have posted below.

I left the hotel. I doubt I will be back.

I got an email from Choice but I am not expecting them to do much of anything. They will defend their employees before listening to the complaint of a consumer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Room 200
Review category
Hotels and Resorts
review #830937

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Suburban Extended Stay Hotel? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 4 Suburban Extended Stay Hotel reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.