Suburban Extended Stay Hotel - BEWARE OF BED BUGS
I was staying at Suburban Lodge (Savannah, GA) for about a month. Two weeks before I left, I started having issues with my scalp- really itchy and bumps started to form. I didn't think too much of it- I thought it was a reaction to the pollen in the air. I changed rooms and the same problem happened again.
On the final night of my stay, I was getting ready for bed ( about 12:15am). I was in bed and glanced beside me when I saw a small brown/black bug crawling on the sheet next to me! When I picked the bug up and mashed it- I saw blood.
I immediately jumped out of the bed and pulled back the sheets. I found two bed bugs crawling around as well as two small blood stains on the sheets.
It was really late so I decided to talk to the manager in the morning. I know that he has a small child and I really didn't want to disturb them. There wasn't a whole lot of things that could be done anyway. I did, however, take pictures and I forward those to the Choice Hotels customer service email address.
The next morning, I went to check out. I did let the front desk clerk (younger lady- really nice) about the bugs. She said they could do an "exit" inspection (I have stayed there before and I have never seen them do an inspection at check out). I let her know that I had to leave, I was going to be late to work and I would be back later in the afternoon to finalize check out. When I let her know about the bugs another patron was in the office as well. He asked a few questions about them.
When I returned later in the afternoon, Peter was dismissive and arrogant. I told him about the bugs and attempted to show him the pictures that I had. He barely glanced at them. When I told him again, he then said that "they didn't notice anything and that they don't have that problem." He said that after looking at the pictures that I have posted below.
I left the hotel. I doubt I will be back.
I got an email from Choice but I am not expecting them to do much of anything. They will defend their employees before listening to the complaint of a consumer.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Quality of Accommodation|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Bed bugs
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "1st photo is above the mirror/sink area when you walk in. The light hood is broke and filthy. 2nd photo where a water sprinkle system use to be. And also now..."
- "The resort posts very beautiful pictures about its location but in fact it does not have any beach since it is located on a swamp area while it takes..."
- "They manipulated our physical and mental state of mind by making us wait for well over 6 hours with no meals and two small children. Once we were mentally exhausted..."
- "I Googled i need to change my address at the post office so then i clicked on official usps change of address form, i read through everything to make sure..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "I just got my windows installed by Window World of Atlanta about a month ago. My windows are fogging. The funny thing is only the windows installed by Window World..."
- "Order flowers for 11am delivery flowers never got there the first day and then was delivered a day later. Flowers looked nothing like the picture..."
- "DO NOT TRUST GATEWAY REALTY or PAULETTE ELAINE ROCCO GOSDEN TUMBARELLO! This woman swindled me out of my home. Not only did Paulette under price my house, she..."
- "I spent over $100 on flowers and when I got a picture of what was delivered I was shocked. They looked NOTHING like the bouquet I had selected. ..."