Pompano Beach, Florida

I am not some Third-World joker starving to get $5 assignments; I have a master's in electrical engineering, ran a computer security consultancy for quite some time, and, in the distant past, taught electronic circuits and electrodynamics at Case.

Studypool is unable to moderate complaints from its thieving student body. As a result, the student is always right. They post, "Sorry, could you also do these ten additional problems that I forgot to post," and Studypool--being too ignorant to do otherwise--rules in their favor, summarily "suspending" quality tutors and withholding their previously earned payments for top-quality work. And does the "review team" respond? They don't even publish a phone number; they hide behind Internet chat!

As if that weren't bad enough, as soon as one student complains, his colluding little friends all pop up with frivolous issues--even to the point of forging messages in the chat stream (which is, like, painfully obvious) to try to make it look like they posted some requirement originally that they OBVIOUSLY just thought up ten minutes ago.

Half the problem might be that Studypool is unable to vet its tutors, most of whom are Third-World trash. I have seen Kenyan pharmacists bid on engineering projects and Pakistani economists bid on astrophysics projects. The students are too imbecilic to know the difference (despite the prospect of having their work done for a pittance, they lack the discipline even to post an assignment in complete, understandable fashion), and they choose that tutor. Result: a "flop" of a tutoring job; a pissed-off student; and yet another nail in Studypool's coffin.

As for the "online tutoring" portion of the site, all I see is the same stale (eighteen days old!) request for economics tutoring popping up every five minutes. To top it off, the site routinely crashes while one is endeavoring to send a chat message or post a completed assignment. And I do mean ROUTINELY!

And I thought Chegg was a somewhat low-class site. But these folks at Studypool truly take the cake!

Review about: Online Tutoring And Homework Help.

I didn't like: Scam.

2.3
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $300
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Studypool?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.