I purchased two tickets to Lights All Night on December 31st in Dallas, TX via Stubhub for $183.75 on 12/27/16.Upon receiving the electronic tickets the next day (12/28/16), I saw that the seller uploaded tickets to the El Paso, TX show rather than the Dallas one and immediately contacted Stubhub to fix the issue.

I was told that the seller did indeed mess up and that I would still be provided with two tickets to the event I originally paid for, which I would receive the next day (12/29/16) by email. By the end of the next day, I still had not received the tickets and called Stubhub once again to see what was going on. I was told that they were working on it and that I should receive them that same night or the next morning (12/30/16). Today is 12/30/16 and I gave the company until 6:00pm to send me the email before calling once again.

The representative was the same person I spoke to the previous day. He was extremely helpful and I understand that this situation was completely out of his control. He informed me that it was strange that I still had not received my two new tickets, as it does not usually take more than two days, and that he would go directly to the department tasked with issuing them since the show was less than 24 hours away. After an hour on the phone with Stubhub - mostly waiting on hold - I was devastated to learn that there were no more ticket listings for that show on Stubhub, as the last two tickets had just sold.

That being said, I would not receive tickets to the event and my New Year's Eve plans had completely fallen apart less than 24 hours before the event. They added a $367.50 credit to my account and told me to download the Stubhub app and to keep checking to see if any ticket listings would come up between now and the event. Not only would I have had to frantically check every 15 minutes to see if I could attend the event I paid to go to three days ago, but if someone did miraculously list TWO tickets to the show, they would also still have to be within the credit limit which totaled out to $183.75 per ticket. I am not going to sit here and hope for a miracle with the odds against me that I will not be able to celebrate New Year's Eve with my friends at Lights All Night.

After speaking with my friend, whom the other ticket was for, we decided to simply take a refund and purchase our tickets from the official Lights All Night website, which I'll add that prices had increased since we last checked. I called back for a refund, which will not make it back into my account until after 3-5 business days, and they took away the credit in my account. This seller fraud issue should have been taken care of in a more timely matter. They had two full days to reissue me new tickets to the event and I had to call multiple times only to learn that they had waited too long to the point where there were no tickets left.

Had they addressed this issue earlier, there would have still been tickets to the event for sale and everything would have been fixed. All in all, Stubhub has inconvenienced me in so many ways.

From my New Year's Eve plans falling through less than 24 hours before the event, to having to pay for all new tickets with money that I do not currently have in my account, to walking away with absolutely nothing but the money I originally paid, I am extremely dissatisfied with Stubhub.It is safe to say that I will never use, recommend, or trust Stubhub again.

Review about: Stubhub Lights All Night New Years Eve Dallas Ticket.

I liked: Phone staff.

I didn't like: Customer service, Seller fraud, Issue not resolved, Issue not addressed in timely manner, Inconvenience.

2.0
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Seller fraud not handled by Stubhub in a timely manner, which ruined my New Year's Eve plans less than 24 hours before the event. See full story in Review section. / $214
Preferred solution Deliver product or service ordered

Had an Experience with StubHub?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.