Strategies For Wealth - Financial Advice Not In My Best Interest.
An employee and financial coach (the employees brother) at "Strategies For Wealth", in White Plains, NY, advised my wife and I that we should set up a whole life plan (for me and my 2 year old son) and term life (for my wife and I) and to use the whole life as a savings vehicle instead of contributing to an IRA/401K.My wife and I were finding the payments were tough to make and we even told these guys we weren't sure if we could do it.
But they pushed and pushed and we finally just agreed thinking they had our best interest in mind. After doing some research and realizing this wasn't in my families best interest (the sales rep, and his brother, who set it up make a LOT of commission off of whole life plans so of course they would steer me away from an IRA/401k where they would get squat). So I emailed to ask them if they could change it (as they are suppose to since they set it up) as I wanted to lose the whole life plans but keep the term (reduced to what we can afford). They called me up and told me they no longer want to deal with me as they were "severing the relationship" since I was choosing not to take their advice and to call the insurance company (Guardian) myself to make the changes (which isn't easy).
So basically what happened was, without my whole life policies I was of no use to them. So as a result I am dropping all of my insurance with Guardian and going elsewhere. Sorry Guardian, I would have stayed with you had the guys at Strategies for Wealth not been so unprofessional and just made the changes I requested. So because of them, you are losing multiple customers.
To anyone reading this I would stay away from "Strategies For Wealth" the only strategy for wealth I can see here is to make them (the company/staff) more wealthy on the clients inexperience/lack of knowledge.
When I called Guardian Life Insurance to make the changes, they said "you know, your agent should really be doing this" so I explained to them "my agent broke up with me and doesn't want to do it" and they were in shock at how unprofessional that was.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Financial Advice And Investment
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "First let me say my credit score is over 800. I purchased my first house 2 months ago and began paying my bills through an online bill payer for convenience..."
- "Hey it's me Liquid, I'll be posting anonymously cause I am in one of their offices, I write my reviews when I'm in Sacramento to fool them. But I received..."
- "Not trying to kill your dreams here. I’m trying to -save- you, your families, your friendships, and your money from this endless soul-sucking NIGHTMARE. I worked full-time for WFG in..."
- "This is the result of Slomins oil company coming to my home 14 hours after I called with an emergency! I was told we were fine to stay in our..."
- "I saw the TV ads for Subway sandwich, drove out of my way to taste, for the first time. a "Foot Long". The store was busy, which I thought was..."
- "i called this company wayfare.com to place a order for bed and mattress. I spoke to their representative and he send me the final product information with price and picture..."
- "I buy clothes at anthropology frequently because the their store in the Yorkville, Toronto is close to my office. Yesterday, I tried a sweater in the fitting room, I asked..."
- "...all the shots of the ones I wanted of her in angel wings were terrible!!! Photographer only took two shots..."
- "I went to nearby 7-11 at my area blk 641 I grab my stuff and waited for the casher to scan instead of coming to me straight he finish his..."