Strategies For Wealth - Financial Advice Not In My Best Interest.
An employee and financial coach (the employees brother) at "Strategies For Wealth", in White Plains, NY, advised my wife and I that we should set up a whole life plan (for me and my 2 year old son) and term life (for my wife and I) and to use the whole life as a savings vehicle instead of contributing to an IRA/401K.My wife and I were finding the payments were tough to make and we even told these guys we weren't sure if we could do it.
But they pushed and pushed and we finally just agreed thinking they had our best interest in mind. After doing some research and realizing this wasn't in my families best interest (the sales rep, and his brother, who set it up make a LOT of commission off of whole life plans so of course they would steer me away from an IRA/401k where they would get squat). So I emailed to ask them if they could change it (as they are suppose to since they set it up) as I wanted to lose the whole life plans but keep the term (reduced to what we can afford). They called me up and told me they no longer want to deal with me as they were "severing the relationship" since I was choosing not to take their advice and to call the insurance company (Guardian) myself to make the changes (which isn't easy).
So basically what happened was, without my whole life policies I was of no use to them. So as a result I am dropping all of my insurance with Guardian and going elsewhere. Sorry Guardian, I would have stayed with you had the guys at Strategies for Wealth not been so unprofessional and just made the changes I requested. So because of them, you are losing multiple customers.
To anyone reading this I would stay away from "Strategies For Wealth" the only strategy for wealth I can see here is to make them (the company/staff) more wealthy on the clients inexperience/lack of knowledge.
When I called Guardian Life Insurance to make the changes, they said "you know, your agent should really be doing this" so I explained to them "my agent broke up with me and doesn't want to do it" and they were in shock at how unprofessional that was.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Financial Advice And Investment
- Review category
- Financial Services
You May Also Like
- "FFIUL AGENT GUIDE SUMMARY OF CHARGES It's me Liquid, I post this not to damage them or to applaud them but just to have an official guide out there. I..."
- "Als ehemaliger Geschäftspartnerwurde ich von Lazanas ebenfalls massiv betrogen und hintergangen. Ich habe die Einträge erst vor kurzem gesehen und von den diversen Strafverfolgungen gegen Lazanas erfahren. Er hat weder..."
- "After Shawn Powell and Aman Natt sold me on their Forex training course for over £2000 , using displays of wealth such as Luxury Watches and Expensive sports cars as..."
- "My husband and I went to Hardees to grab something to eat thinking it would be a fast, easy and hot dinner. Well everytime I come to this location it..."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "Big man Lane recliner, went to recline and spring busted flew across room and just missed my flat screen, & my big window. WG&R where I bought it will not..."
- "This is the result of Slomins oil company coming to my home 14 hours after I called with an emergency! I was told we were fine to stay in our..."
- "I purchsed two 14K gold nose studs, one with a canary diamond, and the other with a black diamond. On the Fresh Trends webpage, their descriptions were “...Bezel Set 14K..."
- "I saw the TV ads for Subway sandwich, drove out of my way to taste, for the first time. a "Foot Long". The store was busy, which I thought was..."