Update by user Mar 02, 2016

After filing a dispute with my Credit Card Company and advising Steve Madden that I had done so, I received an "I'm sorry - here's return labels - we will issue credit with item is received here" email.

Will update when credit is received.

Original review posted by user Mar 01, 2016

Ordered size 9 boots online.My usual size is 8, and I wanted to be able to wear a thicker sock as footbed is not padded.

Related: Steve Madden - Boots pic attached

Boots arrived and when I went to try one on, I could not squeeze my foot into what was stamped inside boot as a "size 9". I would guess that these boots are a size 7.5. I put the boot sole to sole with my size 8 shoe, and the boot is noticeably shorter. I called the customer service number and spoke with "Chris".

I explained the situation - he stated "you should have read the reviews, it says they run small, you should have ordered a size larger". I told him I DID order a size larger, but these were very obviously not a 9. He told me since these boots were on sale, they cannot be returned and he could do nothing for me. Then he actually told me that if I was not happy I should post a bad review on the website!

I went to the website and started the online chat with another Rep. This one told me to email a picture showing the size discrepancy and he would see what could be done. I emailed the picture showing the boot as shorter than my size 8 shoe, and also pictures of the inside size stamp (8) on my shoe and the size stamp claiming to be 9 on the inside of the boot. A short time later I got a reply stating that since I had compared their boot to a shoe not manufactured by them, they could not help me.

For the record, the comparison shoe was a Clarks, which I have always felt were consistent in their sizing and are a reputable shoe manufacturer. So, I have a pair of boots I cannot wear and Steve Madden has my money.

I have posted this experience on Facebook and asked everyone to share it in the hopes that people stop buying from this company who cares nothing for customer service.And to think that before this I had been excited to be getting Steve Madden boots - what a sad joke!

Review about: Steve Madden Boots.

I didn't like: Entire experience.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Steve Madden Boots
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Steve Madden?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.