Update by user Dec 15, 2016

UPDATED REVIEW - Dec.15, 2016

I don't know if it was the direct complaint that I issued to Starkey, or the Consumer Report complaint that I submitted, but I was called by Advanced Hearing to come and get a new Surf Link last week.

No other communication was offered other than a phone call that they had one there to replace the 2nd defective Link. A total disregard for customer care.

I can not say how this came about as I am insistent on not going back to Advanced Hearing for any further adjustments or exams.

I am satisfied to have a refurbished Surf Link, but I am still NOT happy with the treatment I received from Advanced Hearing, or the Starkey Co. before I issued numerous complaints about the product and it's limited warranty policy.

I now have a 2nd refurbished unit, and it seems to be working.

How long it will last is anybody's guess.

I will not rescind my complaints about Starkey and their prices, their policies, and overreach.

I assume this is common practice for products most companies KNOW we must use.It is very sad to see this sort of perpetuation and obstruction on people who rely on these devices to hear.

Update by user Nov 16, 2016

My current status with replacing the Surf Link is on hold due to the expense. Every time something goes wrong with it - I come out of pocket for many hundreds of dollars.

The same with their policy on the hearing aids.

These practices feel unethical with much overreach and cost to the patient who is helpless to the company "policy".

Original review posted by user Nov 15, 2016

This is the second time I have had to replace my Surf Link control unit due to MANUFACTURING issues.

Of course my "warranty" is expired now!

You have the audacity to ask me for $700.00 for to replace the unit for YOUR engineering flaws?

This Surf Link has NEVER been dropped - EVER. As a matter of fact, it stays in the house and is only used for TV watching or to re-establish a link to my hearing aides.

When I went into my audiologist to give them the unit - FOR THE SECOND TIME - they told me "this has never happened before????

Who are you people!

Unfortunately I am no longer surprised by lawless corporations who only care about their profit margin. You are not in the business to "help" people... so stop with the false advertisement and FIX your engineering issues without charging for it.

Review about: Surf Link Sn N 164188640.

I didn't like: All services recieved.

1.3
Insurance Plans Acceptance
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $700
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Starkey Hearing Technologies?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.