Stanley Steemer - They mislead you with that $99 special

255 of 410 Stanley Steemer reviews

I saw the ad for the $99 special and went on-line to order it, also I told them I needed the stairway cleaned also, they told me the price would be $173, so I emailed back and said what happened to the $99 special and they said it would be applied at time of service. When again I asked them to break the price down they said that 2rm plus stairs is $151 and the hallway was $22 and again I asked where the $99 special was and they said it would be applied at time of service. When time of service came there was no $99 special because I ordered an extra room but I was never told that before they came, if I knew a stairway was $74 I would have said no thanks they mislead me.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 66 Yes 66 14 No 14
Had the same issue 141 Yes 141
255 of 410 Stanley Steemer reviews

Mar 16, 2016 #1128580

Carpet cleaning company always miss lead you. I used to clean carpet for a living and they refused to come and clean my carpet. So be aware, they will not tell you everything on the phone. Pretreatment and extra rooms are always going to be extra.

2 1 Reply

Mar 08, 2016 #1123734

Same exact thing happened to me AND they did a crappy job on my carpet. It looks better after I vacuum than it did when they were done "cleaning" it. Cost me $170 though for a hall way. I applied online for the $99 deal also. Bait and Switch bs!!!!!!!?

1 1 Reply

Feb 27, 2016 #1118930

Stanley steemers do not want to honor their coupons of $99 - 3 rooms or $150 - 5 rooms, or it maybe my zip code 94605

Feb 10, 2016 #1109620

Interesting. I would have been happy to pay the $99 for cleaning our master bedroom and one guest room (the only two rooms in our house with wall-to-wall carpeting. When I asked for a quote, I was told $80. **However**, here's the rest of the story from our local Stanley Steemer (the closest in more than 1 hour from our home):
"Your cleaning total of $80.00 does not meet our required $200.00 cleaning minimum. You may add cleaning items to the order, or continue and be charged the minimum cleaning amount." Here's their breakdown of costs:
- Carpet cleaning two rooms: $80
- Cleaning minimum: $120
- TOTAL: $200
Maybe it's just the way I do math, but if the minimum is $120, and I'm paying $80 for cleaning, shouldn't I owe just another $40?

2 3 Reply

Feb 09, 2016 #1109270

True. They are a mess and totally misleading, super expensive for the job they do. It used to be ok, except they would leave soap in rug and have to return to rinse, but not now. SF Bay Area

Marcy

Nov 04, 2015 #1058602 Warrenville, Illinois, United States

Took advantage of $99 special. My carpet has several very soiled heavily trafficked ares. The guys only went over those areas one time carpet did not look any better when they left. I took out my dirt devil carpet cleaner, went over those areas, got out alot of dirt and had black water in the tank. I wasted my money will not ever call them again. I spent an hour with my dirt devil making the carpet look better.

Oct 24, 2015 #1053016

I work for Steemer it's cause you are getting a discount. Originally two areas would be 132 plus tax so that's 73 and 60 for two areas and then room after that is 40 so three areas is 172 then 212 and so on but if you getting the 99 your getting a big discount so the third area of carpet is 73 bucks then any other additional area is 40 bucks it just seems like it's alot cause it 99 and then jumps to 172

Mikki

Sep 05, 2015 #1030014 Sarasota, Florida, United States

Thanks for the Info, my girlfriend and I were just speaking of their "special", we both were going to have our homes done

Aug 25, 2015 #1024536

U know theirs a lot of crooks out here. I have leraned to ask lots of questions. Sometimes the tech can work on an solution to do more for customers.

Jul 29, 2015 #1013335

Thank you for posting - I was ready to call them for service

3 0 Reply
bob

Mar 09, 2015 #956102 Pinellas Park, Florida, United States

i call for the 3 rooms special. i told the i need 3 bedrooms done and they said price was $139.. i ask what happen to 3 rooms for $99 and they said 2 rooms and hallway. since when is a hallway a room? they say they are franchised and they don't have to honor the price i saw on tv...my advise is stay away from this company...bob m

9 0 Reply

Oct 13, 2014 #883914 Edinburg, Texas, United States

FRANCHISE COMPANIES CAN BASICALLY CHARGE YOU A VARIATION OR SOMETHING SIMILAR TO THE $99.00 SPECIAL!

Oct 13, 2014 #883910 Edinburg, Texas, United States

I WILL ALSO ADD THAT $99.00 SPECIAL MANY A TIMES REFERS TO CORPORATE OR THE FACILITY THAT IS RUNNING THE ADVERTISEMENT...FRANCHISE CO.CAN CHARGE WHATEVER THEY DEEM SUITABLE. FOR EXAMPLE...MRS STEVENS SEES THE AD ON T.V FOR THE $99.00 SPECIAL, DOESN'T HAVE TIME TO WRITE THE NUMBER DOWN AND DOESN'T REMEMBER IT EITHER...HOWEVER; SHE LOOKS ONLINE FOR A LOCAL AGENT AND FINDS A FRANCHISE!

0 1 Reply

Oct 11, 2014 #883388 Edinburg, Texas, United States

GENERALLY, THE $99.00 SPECIAL REFERS TO 3 ROOM MINIMUM FOR STEAM CLEANING ONLY..ANY ADDITIONAL ADD ONS ARE EXTRA AS WELL AS PROTECTIVE CHEMICALS ( scotchgard ). ITS ALWAYS A BAD IDEA TO GET QUOTES OVER THE PHONE! ONE SHOULD ALWAYS EXPECT ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR STAIRWELLS , TEXAS ROOMS, DENS, GUEST ROOMS , SOFAS, CHAIRS AND ANY UPHOLSTERY CLEANING.

Sep 27, 2014 #876258

$99 special is misleading, the ad does not indicate the special is for the cleaning ONLY of two rooms

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.