Terryville, Connecticut
33.6K views 19 comments

I saw the ad for the $99 special and went on-line to order it, also I told them I needed the stairway cleaned also, they told me the price would be $173, so I emailed back and said what happened to the $99 special and they said it would be applied at time of service. When again I asked them to break the price down they said that 2rm plus stairs is $151 and the hallway was $22 and again I asked where the $99 special was and they said it would be applied at time of service. When time of service came there was no $99 special because I ordered an extra room but I was never told that before they came, if I knew a stairway was $74 I would have said no thanks they mislead me.

Review about: Carpet Cleaning.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Stanley Steemer?

Submit review

Comments

Nita

That's what they do!!! Something happened to me in 2010!!!

Wautoma, Wisconsin, United States #1263320

its called bait and switch. and it is illeagle. call the attourney generals office

Carpet cleaning company always miss lead you.I used to clean carpet for a living and they refused to come and clean my carpet.

So be aware, they will not tell you everything on the phone.Pretreatment and extra rooms are always going to be extra.

Same exact thing happened to me AND they did a crappy job on my carpet.It looks better after I vacuum than it did when they were done "cleaning" it.

Cost me $170 though for a hall way.

I applied online for the $99 deal also.Bait and Switch bs!!!!!!!?

Stanley steemers do not want to honor their coupons of $99 - 3 rooms or $150 - 5 rooms, or it maybe my zip code 94605

Interesting.I would have been happy to pay the $99 for cleaning our master bedroom and one guest room (the only two rooms in our house with wall-to-wall carpeting.

When I asked for a quote, I was told $80.

**However**, here's the rest of the story from our local Stanley Steemer (the closest in more than 1 hour from our home):

"Your cleaning total of $80.00 does not meet our required $200.00 cleaning minimum.You may add cleaning items to the order, or continue and be charged the minimum cleaning amount." Here's their breakdown of costs:

- Carpet cleaning two rooms: $80

- Cleaning minimum: $120

- TOTAL: $200

Maybe it's just the way I do math, but if the minimum is $120, and I'm paying $80 for cleaning, shouldn't I owe just another $40?

True.They are a mess and totally misleading, super expensive for the job they do.

It used to be ok, except they would leave soap in rug and have to return to rinse, but not now.SF Bay Area

Marcy
Warrenville, Illinois, United States #1058602

Took advantage of $99 special.My carpet has several very soiled heavily trafficked ares.

The guys only went over those areas one time carpet did not look any better when they left. I took out my dirt devil carpet cleaner, went over those areas, got out alot of dirt and had black water in the tank.

I wasted my money will not ever call them again.I spent an hour with my dirt devil making the carpet look better.

I work for Steemer it's cause you are getting a discount. Originally two areas would be 132 plus tax so that's 73 and 60 for two areas and then room after that is 40 so three areas is 172 then 212 and so on but if you getting the 99 your getting a big discount so the third area of carpet is 73 bucks then any other additional area is 40 bucks it just seems like it's alot cause it 99 and then jumps to 172

to Anonymous Clover, South Carolina, United States #1186627

Thanks. You cleared it up and that makes sense