Stanley Steemer Carpet Cleaning Service Review from Staten Island, New York

73 of 410 Stanley Steemer reviews

They were here Thursday night and I didn't think my carpet was clean because of a funky odor that lingered.Also the carpet was saturated when they left.

Why would steam cleaning leave the carpet so wet so Saturday morning I decided to go it again myself with a machine I purchased for $150 they charged me the same for one room.

See picture for my results.What a rip off.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Household Services
review #883567

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Stanley Steemer? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
73 of 410 Stanley Steemer reviews

Jul 28, 2016 #1191559 Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, United States

Same thing happened to me. I had them clean my tile and my sofa. I can do this all myself with pretty good results but I wanted a deep steam clean. I figured my tile and grout would look so awesome when they were done. They left and I thanked them with a tip for their hard work. However, once the tile dried it looked dingy and the grout actually looked worse. Just like you, I immediately got out my $150 tile scrubber and sure enough, my water looked just like yours. It cost me $300 for this service so that I could turn around and spend the day cleaning. I thought, for sure, with their heavy duty truck vac it was going to do a super job and I was willing to pay for it. Nope. I'll never be that fool again. As my dad always said, if you want something done right, do it yourself.

Jul 16, 2016 #1185997 Mesa County, Colorado, United States

Unfortunately, the tiny Lil pic doesn't do justice.. but your carpet looks crazy *** dirty. Did you upgrade for the enzyme treatment? You should probably take care of your carpey on a schedule instead of when it is to far gone.....but, feel free to complain, because you are to cheap to take of your carpet when it needs care.

3 3 Reply

Jul 18, 2016 #1186581 New York, New York, United States

Are you high in the rocky mountains man? Tiny pic? Filthy carpet! First of all the carpet is not filthy at all. And second even if it was, isn't it their job to clean it! And I don't like deodorant because that's just covering up. Do you just wet yourself and spray deodorant all over your body when you take a shower?

0 1 Reply
Nick Name

Dec 26, 2016 #1260959 Franklinville, New Jersey, United States

If you want this service, you must first clean your carpets yourself. Then when the carpets are no longer dirty, you may call the steam cleaners.
Additionally, when the steam cleaning is complete. Do you really expect the carpets to be dry. Really? Come on. The service apply steam but is not responsible for soaking up all the water when it is complete. That is your job; which it appears you did, so what is the problem.
It seems that you indeed got them dry with the bissel cleaner.
Seems like there is nothing to complain about.

Joe

Jan 14 #1271088 Teaneck, New Jersey, United States

Carpets that haven't been cleaned in awhile need enzyme period. It's extra but worth it. On the note of dirty; I can go over a carpet 200 times and still get dirt out period. carpet is a magnet for dirt and at a minimum needs to be cleaned every 6 months with protection applied at least once a year. If you do this than your carpets will last forever.

Joe

Jan 14 #1271089 Teaneck, New Jersey, United States

Every 3 months if you have pets is recommended; if no pets every 6 months. Anymore than that your carpets will start wearing out. Once you see the dirt or patterns it's too late. I can go outside with a whole bucket full of dirt and raking it in the carpet you wont see it..

0 0
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Stanley Steemer.
Filing a new complaint about
×