Square Review, Squareup Review Credit Card Processing

263 of 263 Square reviews

I will start off with if you switched to Square for any reason, you are not protected and you have made a grave mistake.

If you process high dollar amount product and have proof of delivery, you are still not safe from chargebacks from Square. I had a few chargebacks that were not justified (people just trying to reverse charges for shipping). Giving Square the terms of our site, proof of delivery and every documentation needed to show we did everything legally they held our funds. They went past the 30-60 days and then stated "I HAVE BEATEN THE CHARGEBACK BUT THEY ARE STILL GOING TO HOLD THE FUNDS FOR ANOTHER 60-90 DAYS IN THE EVENT THEY FILE ANOTHER CHARGE BACK AGAIN! How can they do that and go against their terms of service. I will be filing a complaint through BBB and IC3 for this financial scam they are pulling.

SQUAREUP / SQUARE CREDIT CARD PROCESSING REVIEW: SCAM, NO MERCHANT PROTECTION, JUST LIKE PAYPAL IN MOST BUSINESS PRACTICES.

DO NOT USE THIS CREDIT CARD PROCESSING. YOU WILL NOT BE PROTECTED!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 30 Yes 30 2 No 2
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
263 of 263 Square reviews

Dec 10, 2015 #1076569

the bbb does nothing to help ive been waiting 5 months for my money and nothing i was reading their terms and conditions and on there it states that money that is held for 2 years will become theirs this is not right

Gg

Nov 14, 2014 #900322 Nashville, Tennessee, United States

I have had four chargebacks with square that were obvious that the chargeback was unfounded. Square never would represent us and always returned the funds.

Sherminator

Oct 28, 2014 #891685

Move over "Bernie"......You may be getting a new "cell mate" soon!

1 0 Reply
Tony

Aug 22, 2014 #859936

I used squareup for my business and it was the worst thing i did. My company sells a high price item . We recieved a chargeback and with out any notice from squareup they took the money out of my bank account. The customer had the system for 97 days which was way past our cancellation date.
Now I use
The fee are much lower and they give me cash back on transaction . If you use the the 4 digit code 3149 you get free equipment . They will beat any merchant fee's so you can save money
Tony Young

Andy D Abreu

Jul 01, 2014 #834259 San Antonio, Florida, United States

Being judged and sentenced without being heard or defended, that describe charge back from Square. I had one customer taken money out of my bank account without me being contacted or questioned, or even weighted to evaluate if the charge back was legitimate or not. Plain and simple, a customer just got my services, and stole the money back. I had no hearing, no defense, and not notice. It is that fair? Be aware of this practice that legitimate an activity that has not other name; a legal ways to receive service and products for free.

AsPissedAsYou

Dec 10, 2013 #755914 Savannah, Georgia, United States

Same issue as all the rest. I won't be using square ever again. Braintree is a little more tricky to set up but their next-day deposits NEVER falter.

diann

Nov 01, 2013 #736383

Negative Reviews and Complaints:
A quick Google search will produce way more feedback on Square then you could ever hope to read. Here is a summary of the most common complaints.

Terrible Support - This is the number one complaint lodged against Square. Some Square merchants even go so far as to suggest that Square is a "scam" because of their appalling track record of processing funds that have been placed on hold. Square support indicates that they will respond to email inquiries within 24 hours. The time frame is sometimes closer to 2-3 days according to a slew of frustrated merchant reports.
Issues with Deposits - Difficulty with inaccessible funds is a close second in the complaints department. Square's aggressive fraud prevention tactics have put many small businesses in a position where they can't access their income because their transactions have raised a general red flag for any number of reasons.

Crashes and Bugs - The Square interface isn't perfect. Numerous Square merchants report that they regularly have to reboot after crashes. Other common issues include malfunctioning credit card swipes and occasional bugs. :eek

cnb

Sep 20, 2012 #544635

I confirm Square most certainly deserves a big fat F for customer service. I literally received the worst customer service of my life from this product.
I have been working for the past couple months to start a nonprofit organization with a few other founding members. We decided to have a fundraiser to kick things off just recently. Several weeks before the fundraiser we bought two Square readers to take credit card donations during the fundraiser. On the Square reader box, it says it only takes a few minutes to get you up and running and accepting credit card payments (They are flat out lying about this; total false advertising here.) So a few days before the event we decided we should probably get the square readers set up so we didn't have to do it last minute. Then the nightmare began....
There is no possible way to get the Square reader to start accepting credit cards in a matter of minutes because you have to wait 1 to 3 business days for them to deposit two test deposits into your bank account to verify all of your information.
Because it was going to take 1 to 3 days, we freaked out and tried to contact them directly. As mentioned in the review, they have no customer service number where you can actually talk to someone. All they have is a number with an automated message telling you to contact their customer service email and you'll receive an email back within a "prompt" 24 HOURS!!
So... emailed them with an urgent request to get our
... Show more

avpllc@comcast.net

Aug 21, 2012 #531787

I rent high end beach property on he east coast $10,000 a week avg billing- I can not get my initial payments transferred to my bank account, This is my customers money- i will have to pay this out of my own pocket !
Square DOES NOT RESPOND TO EMAILS.
DOES NOT HAVE AN ACTUAL PHONE LINE THAT A HUMAN ANSWERS- JUST AN OUTGOING MESSAGE THAT REFERES YOU BACK TO WEBSITE TO EMAIL YOUR QUESTION----WHICH WILL NEVER BE ANSWERED!

STAY AWAY- USE A LEGITIMATE CARD COMPANY. LEARNED MY LESSON THE HARD WAY. SCAM--SCAM--SCAM--

be scared of square !!

STAY AWAY !!!!!!!!

Tasha

Aug 17, 2012 #529940

If you are a business owner who has or is in need of a visa/mastercard merchant account...please contact me. I am a national account executive for Merchant e-Solutions. I will work with you to get you the lowest rate available.

When you partner with Merchant e-Solutions, you receive high levels of service and security from a credit card processing company that knows the payment industry inside and out. From e-commerce payment gateways to retail and restaurant solutions, business-to-business processing capabilities to electronic invoicing, we offer cost-effective merchant credit card processing services that are fast, secure and easy to integrate. Need help getting your small business up and running smoothly? Looking to switch credit card processors due to cost and security? Our extensive experience and expertise helps you get the lowest rates, so that you can save money while safely accepting all major credit cards, debit cards and ACH payments for increased profits and improved business.

Contact me to get started

Tasha Prince
National Account Executive
Merchant e-Solutions

1 1 Reply
Stumpy

Aug 17, 2014 #857652

All I need to do is change my bank account . But I can't sign in. And can't get a real person. I'm losing a lot of business . They need a person to talk to . I'm fed up.

1 0 Reply
Beverly Thomes

Jun 11, 2012 #494496

Square is holding over $37000 of payments. I have never had any money deposited into my account even though the account is linked.

Repeated attempts to contact them have lead me to take serious action- bank investigation and Legal action. My money has been held for over 30 days.

2 0 Reply
NaplesNative

Apr 04, 2012 #460662

This Company is some kind of a SCAM.

They are holding over 50K of our Companies funds and some payments have been held for over two months. Can not speak to a human and the only e-mail $ no response. We rent vacation homes and do transactions of $5000 ~ 10,000 each. All of my customers say their credit card was charged long ago and some have even paid their bills. Why is my money being held?

i just hope I get my funds before they go out of business!

BUYER BEWARE! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

1 1 Reply
merchantscrewedagain

Feb 20, 2012 #433881

I hear you. If you process any decent volume they hold your money for NO reason. When you try and contact them there is not a live person to talk to. Only when you yell and scream does someone return your call. They are now holding my money for 60 days after they cancelled my account. I had NO chargebacks. They just didn't like the fact that I had declined charges. I can't help it if my clients dont' have the money in their account when they tell me to run their card. It's a joke. Worst customer service EVER! Don't use them.

Sean

Feb 02, 2012 #421458

I had a customer initiate a bogus chargeback on our Square transaction. Fine, he probably just didn't recognize the charge on his statement...

I sent all the required documents to square proving my case... that was over 6 MONTHS AGO! and still no resolution. Many contact attempts have been ignored. They have no phone number.

I'm done with Square.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Square.
Filing a new complaint about
×