LOST BUSINESS BECAUSE OF SQUARE

27 of 263 Square reviews

I just started my small business at the mall (Sunland Park, El Paso Texas) As I would sell I would purchase more merchandise since I didn't have much to start with.Out of no where I could not process a credit card transaction.

Customer was nice but I was embarrassed when this happened. I tried contacting square and my account was deactivated even phone support and only was able to email. After many emails all I received was this message below with no explanation of why they are holding my money and I don't know if I will ever get the money back. So I'm not able to take credit cards and the money they are holding was so I can buy more product.

This is the busiest time of the year and my shop can not survive. I'm closing the doors Dec. 24th, 2016 and have to find a way out of my lease, this was a huge loss and I'm stressed and I feel helpless. Can someone please help!

Is there a class action lawsuit? Hello Iris, Thanks for writing in. We understand that it can be frustrating to have your account deactivated.

Unfortunately, due to security reasons and the obligations of our agreements with card networks and other financial institutions, we cannot reverse this decision and are unable to provide additional details.​ ​We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but our decision to deactivate your account is final.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Square Cash Money Transfer
Review category
Financial Services
review #978110

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Square? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
27 of 263 Square reviews

Dec 22, 2016 #1259689 Richmond, Virginia, United States

i'm dealing with this exact same issue- just about to START a business, and TONS of clients are wanting to buy gift cards.
i finally got my bank account setup, i login to Square and i'm receiving an "account deactivated" message with no proposed solution- of course their phones aren't available - FAQ section is of zero help.

0 0 Reply
jackiero68

Jan 11 #1269308 Hialeah, Florida, United States

If you want to keep your business don't use Square. We have over $13,000 still pending in our Square site that hasn't been transferred to our bank account. I have tried many times to call but it says to get a code and we can't get no code. I have sent many emails with no replies from them. I don't know what's going to happen. i'm afraid it will take a while if I get lucky to get my money back. Luckily a friend recommended a different merchant service and they even charge less than square and they really have great customer service. Good luck!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Square.
Filing a new complaint about
×