Square - Deactivated my account for no reason

25 of 263 Square reviews

They put my money on hold asking for the proper paperwork.Sent it off and got a response (after I reached out to them) saying my account is deactivated 2days before Christmas.

My client paid me for the work I did prior and now my funds are "pending" which cost me my rent for the month and expenses I had to cover for my business. I'm very upset. The don't have a number to call. They give you a auto reply email.

I have been using square since July never had a issue, but now I have one.I've sent out 10 emails no response to anyone but a auto reply.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Product or service
Review category
Financial Services
review #981537

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Square? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
25 of 263 Square reviews

Jan 27 #1277431 Pompano Beach, Florida, United States

Join the club,
I am an atty who is completely being jerked around by square. I have never had a charge back until recently and which upon hearing about the dispute from the customer I immediately refunded the money, $10,000.00. I have given Square all the information they wanted sometimes more than three times, and I've complied with all the requests. Yet my account is still frozen. They are a horrendous. I'm getting a copy of the contract and intend to sue them because it will cost been nothing but will cost them thousands let's see if I can get their attention then!

0 0 Reply
Monique

Jan 04 #1265261 Aliso Viejo, California, United States

I see someone else wanting to do a class action suit. Looks like I am going to go that route too since no one at square wants to professional handle the situation.
Square won't even tell me the status of the customers dispute and I have no way to contact square as the email support is generic.
Thank goodness I have kept all my email logs from square, practically begging to get help and they avoid you.

1 0 Reply
Monique

Jan 04 #1265259 Aliso Viejo, California, United States

Ironic,
I am having similar situation with Square. They are a scam for sure. I do over a million dollars in sales, not all with Square. One customer did a chargeback for $7500, even though I had proof of delivery from tracking and letter from post office stating as delivery to receptionist. Now they are charging my bank acct. $7500 and NO ONE picks up phone. It just loops and loops.
SQUARE is going to get themselves in BIG trouble for messing around with others money like that.

0 0 Reply
Sean Evans

Jan 02 #1264498 Charlotte, North Carolina, United States

I just started my business and went thru the $1 test and it went thru fine but when i started charging my clients all of a sudden i got this messages saying that i have to be verified.. Sounds like that should be something they did prior to me being able to charge anything to my clients card.. This is a bunch of B.S. I will be moving to another merchant because their is no way that i should be sitting here waiting on my funds because they want to hold my money to do something they should have done in the beginning....

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.