On January 9th I bought two pounds of "on sale" grass-fed ground beef.The sell by date was 1/10/17.

The color of the meat was brown--not red--as is usually the case. Nevertheless, I trusted the labeling. Today, January 10th, I cooked a burger to medium well done. The flavor was definitely sour and unappetizing.

This is not the first time I've purchased rotten meat or almost-spoiled produce at Sprout's.A refund will not compensate me for my time and inconvenience or for ruined meals.

Review about: Grass Fed Ground Beef.

3.5
Layout of Store
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Bad quality / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Sprouts Farmers Market?

Comments

SCV Mom of 3
Santa Clarita, California, United States #1331955

EVERY time I buy grass fed ground beef from Sprouts it is brown within 24 hours.I tell myself to try again, and I always regret it.

I just took out the beef I purchased yesterday and it is all brown.

Never again.I am done with this!

You seriously don't understand how "grass-fed," meat works then. They have a short shelf life. It's your fault for buying it.

Diane
Santa Fe, New Mexico, United States #1299622

We bought some Saturday march 4, 2017.It smelled like weak faint balsamic vinegar?!

We threw away what we cooked.

I am going to get my money back too.What do you think happened?

Suzette

The quality of service at Sprouts has been steadily declining and I have also have problems obtaining quality meat at Sprouts. They often have no meat out at all, and then when they do, the date/quality of the meat is not acceptable.

I assume because I had previously left the store without purchasing anything (again, because the main thing I had wanted---ground beef--was not available) , the last time I was in Sprouts, an "undercover" LP found it necessary to emerge from the back room and follow me around the store. This experience certainly does not raise my opinion of Sprouts.

West Roxbury, Massachusetts, United States #1269176

jesus why would you eat it ? the label could say anything and you'd probably eat it. I almost puked when I saw the color of the meat just f rom the photo.