Rex, Georgia

I rolled over an ad at "Fox News" a few days ago and saw what I thought was a pretty good deal. It was called "SPEEDYBUYS" where items like 42" LCD TVs were going for nothing. So I signed up giving them my "Credit Card" Info thinking that info would be used for auctions that I won. Well I went in and started bidding and was surprised that every time the auction came down to a few seconds it would add another minute or so to the time.

It was so ridiculous I left the web page not thinking anything about it. After two days I was looking at my bank account and saw a charge to my credit card for $149.00 from SPEEDYBUYS and was thinking I won an Auction or something. Come to find out I did not win anything and started researching what was going on. I found out that they were charging me a fee for the initial 300 bids that I knew nothing about since they were hidden in there "terms and conditions" which is a clickable at the bottom of the sign up page that they know no-one will click on.

So I sent an email with my info requesting my money back. I got a reply stating that once bids are purchased they cannot be refunded....and so on la de da de.

I will get my money back since I will be disputing the charge on my card but this is a bit ridiculous since they say there product is so good they should be able to refund me the money asap. But I have a feeling that they are not really doing any real business except for ripping consumers off.

So lets put these *** Artist out of Business. Everyone needs to dispute the charges on their cards, and post this info all over the net so it comes up first on a Google Search.

Tim

Review about: Bids.

Review #195107 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with SPEEDYBUYS?

Comments

dnguyen13621

I got more info for people who was scammed by Speedybuys.com:

1) Did Speedybuys.com give you a receipt for your purchase? If not then they violated the merchants agreement with the credit card issuers.

2) Did they provide a real street address (not email) for communications? If not then they violated the merchants agreement with the credit card issuers.

3) The signup page is legally flawed. A person CANNOT sign up for a 'site'.

4) Speedybuys has taken great effort to conceal their real location. Nowhere on their site is a physical address given. Also, their 'GoDaddy' domain registration is 'private' meaning the real owner and address is concealed. Does that inspire confidence? Let the credit card folks know about these violations. You'll have your money back quickly.

Speedybuys IP: 204.232.246.238

Address: 1507 7th st, Santa Monica, Ca. 90401

GA Mom 67

Same thing happened to me. I saw this on FOX news and went to speedybuys to check it out. I used a promo code that was supposed to give you 100 free bids. Imagine my surprise when I checked my bank acct and noticed a charge of $149 with I did not authorize!

I have been emailing customer support all day. They keep saying the want to work with me but all they have offered is for me to go back on the website and bid on the auctions.

I will continue to email them and I have also contacted my bank and will be disputing the charge.

What I find sad is that this all came from what I thoughtw as a reputable website...Fox News. I can promise you that I would never have bought 300 bids when I wasn't sure it was something I wanted to do. I wanted to check the site out and have now ended up short $149!

I will contact the BBB, the FBI internet scam and any other site or company I can think of to get this info out so no one else gets scammed. :( :( :(

cindy

That's what you get for trusting an ad on Fox News. Scam "news" source, scam advertiser.

kellermk2

I got on their website just to see what they really were like.Wqas going to sign up, but at the last minute decided to leave.

When leaving, a pop up showed and said I could get 300 free bids. So what did I have to loose? I thought when I put my credit card info in, it was for payment on an item if I would win.

Boy was I surprised.I got charged for 300 free bids.

timswalker

@TimS Hey Tim nice name.You missed something in your calculation but just a minor amount but that adds up too.

SPEEDYBUYS is making the .50 before you even start bidding since you pay for them in advance.

So this would make each bid actually .51c since you have to count the actual sale of the item.If an item sells for as low as $100 at 10,000 penny bids times .51c would be $5100 after selling the item so an item getting up to $200 would actually bring in over $10000.

JSC

speedybuys.com is a fraud.You have to sign up to see any bids, and there is a coupon code floating around for 100 "free bids", but if you use it, you get charged $149.00.

Just say no.Now I have to fight my credit card company

MARIO NAJERA

I ALSO WAS A VICTIM OF THIS FAUDULENT ACT.

PLEASE LETS GET INFORMED AND LETS SUIT THIS SCAMMERS

THIS IS MY E-MAIL ADRESS NMARIONJR@AOL.COM MY NAME IS MARIO NAJERA

AND WE CAN DO A GROUP LAWSUIT TO THIS PEOPLE

TimS

DON'T FALL FOR THIS PRANK. AS ALLURING AS SPEEDYBUYS ADVERTISING IS, YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING AN HDTV FOR 90% OFF RETAIL ARE ABOUT THE SAME AS HITTING THE POWER BALL LOTTERY!

Yes, exactly right. I did the same thing on the sign up. I don't think they can legally charge your credit card unless they show the amount of the purchase and what you are purchasing on the registration form. This is a scam. You see those big HDTV's that are selling for pennies? Huh, do the math. My first 7 bids went to one that was up to $120. Bidding starts at below $20. Each bid increases the price by one cent. Just this increase of $100.00 works like this:

$100 X 100 penny bids = 10,000 bids at $0.50 per bid = $5,000!! Speedybuys collected over $5,000.00 for a $700 LCD.

I too, have requested a refund from Speedybuys and I anticipate a denial of such in a day or two. So I will have my credit card bank charge it back on reasons of misleading and fraudulent conduct by this online scam.

If the bank won't charge it back then they will be listed as co-conspirators in my law suit.