BEWARE OF SPECTACULAR COMPUTER REPAIR
BEWARE.Spectacular Computer Repair which goes under other names (i.e., B2B IT, Leiser Enterprises, Spectacular Stuff, LLC) is DEFINITELY INCOMPETENT and may be dishonest.
I found “Spectacular” through Thumbtack. Wayne, whose card says CTO, offered to evaluate my laptop for $75 at my home. Upon arrival, he required my signature on a contract before he would look at my laptop, which he VERY quickly verbally reviewed. This was unusual.
Most vendors do not do this. There is a reasonable expectation between the parties that the vendor will provide service for which the buyer will pay and the vendor will stand behind their work. I should have been suspicious. Wayne then proceeded to identify problems using the internal Event Log (this is similar to what the Microsoft Windows scammers do).
HE DID NOT CHECK THE RAM OR HARD DRIVE even though he could have used something like Ultimate Boot CD (which is free) to run a quick check of the RAM on site. Again, I should have been suspicious. He proposed a charge of $295 for the repair, which included replacing Kaspersky anti-virus software with Malwarebytes (an anti-malware application). He then took the laptop to his shop.
24 hours later he returned the laptop declaring that he had worked on it late into the night. Then he had me purchase Malwarebytes ($39.95) on line. I then proceeded to open a Word document and immediately the laptop crashed due to a memory error. THIS DEFINITELY CONFIRMS THAT WAYNE DID NOT CHECK RAM OR THE HARD-DRIVE AT HIS SHOP.
He said I had to get new memory from Lenovo. I asked that he assist me with the call for which he charged me $40. Total paid to Wayne was $335. Lenovo sent the memory which I then had installed by a Lenovo dealer in Tampa.
That took 5 minutes. While there I had them review Wayne’s handwritten almost unintelligible Evaluation Report. They informed me that the “problems” (codes) he had found were all fixable on site and some were not even problems and that the $335 charged was outrageous. (Wayne had also offered to replace the memory card once received for another $125).
They further stated that replacing Kaspersky with Malwarebytes was just flat wrong as Malwarebytes is not a complete suite of antivirus software.
Hence, he left my computer vulnerable to attack.Noteworthy, is that shortly after I disputed the $335 charged to my credit card my email address book was hacked.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Preferred solution:
- The $335 repair charge to my credit card has been disputed. No further action required.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Spectacular Computer Repair Services
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought a Lenovo Ideapad U530 Touch laptop from Bestbuy Long Island store. After 6 months, the hinge broke off from the lid, taking a chunk of the casing screwed..."
- "On 12/22/14, I ordered a laptop from Dream Gadgets, Ltd. for my daughter for Christmas. I paid for 2 day shipping. That evening, I received an email from PayPal credit..."
- "I finally received the childrens learning tablet today, as I suspected its a piece of Garbage lights dont work, scratches, black marks all over it, rust marks in the screw..."
- "We just returned from an adults get away at this fabulous all inclusive resort. We loved our room, which had an amazing ocean view and was recently renovated. Very clean..."
- "Just bought these 2 months ago. Today the sole at the heel came away from the sneaker. They must use some pretty cheap glue to have them fall apart after..."
- "I was emailing and talking on comments with this girl @Tifflatowski92 and she convinced me to trade her my louis vuitton favorite pm for her louis vuitton favorite mm and..."
- "Went to Labcorp for medical tests Sarasota. There were several elderly patients arguing with confrontational Labcorp employees that they had provided urine samples, staff insisted they had not. Elderly man..."
- "I purchased a very expensive set of PORTO stemware as a gift from T.o.M.. I bought it in early February for an anniversary March 21. It finally arrived in the..."
- "Awful talked to a manger today told him how disappointed I was and he did nothing this place is just like all the rest OSI company's taking short cuts..."