Special Artist Agency - Leonardo DiCaprio is a ripoff actor!

2 of 2 Special Artist Agency reviews

Update added by user Nov 04, 2014

To all and Leonardo DiCaprio:

I am the original author of this report and as a constant movie goer, I have seen how Hollywood has paid millions to actors and has put movie theater businesses and people behind the set on the sidelines when it comes to pay.Yes Leonardo DiCaprio is making millions for little work effort, I think we can all agree to that.

Because I haven't seen much publicity on this subject because I believe the media which owns Hollywood probably wishes not to make this important subject, if there was some media on it, I am sure a lot of people would be outraged.

I am sure Leonardo DiCaprio is a nice guy and I am sure maybe not all the money he gets is want he wishes for, maybe his agent and agent company are part of the taking as like all actors have to share their earnings.

When I wrote about this report, I was feeling sorry for the movie theaters struggling to pay their bills to rent expensive films because of expensive production costs and the people behind the set not making a decent living when around expensive actors. I wish there was some kind of divide and they would share everything between the people in place behind the set and the theaters were all part of instead of the actors getting all the money. So I am going to put this complaint I made a couple of years ago behind me and say I am sorry for making this report, i was really trying to get people talking about it and that was really my main reason. Please accept my apologies for making this report; I am sorry I did so, if I could remove it I would.

I wish Mr.Leonardo DiCaprio the best in his future and I am sorry for this report.

Original review posted by user Aug 24, 2011

c/o Special Artist Agency 345 N Maple Dr, #302 Beverly Hills, CA 90210 USA

Leonardo DiCaprio is a ripoff actor! His salary is bankrupting our country to live isgreedy rich life style.

Have you ever gone to the movies and said these tickets are too expensive?or question why you have to pay more for products that endorce films withLeonardo DiCaprio? Have you ever questioned the movie and the people behind the movie what they make in earnings? Let's take a look at actor Leonardo DiCaprio; have you ever seen a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio? We'll guess what; Leonardo DiCaprio gets $20 to $40 million per movie, that's per film salary. The average time for an actor to film as an actor is about 40 days work, if you average 30 days work at $20 million that's about $20,000.00 to $30,000.00 dollars an hour depending on the days of the film is laid out in. All 5 star hotel expenses, traveling first class and all, all paid for besides the actors salary.

Leonardo DiCaprio earnings

Annual: USD 77,000,000.00 +Monthly: USD 6,416,666.00 Weekly: USD 1,540,000.00 Daily: USD 308,000.00

Leonardo DiCaprio is getting Per film average from $20 to $40 million plus 10% to 20% grossearnings (depending on contract) as well and also lifetime royalties. That means he is gettingpaid for movies he starred in 15 years ago and still getting a paycheck for doing nothing.Many people who have worked on the set with him making low wages back then are getting absolutely noroyalities or benefits even 15 years or so year later. Leonardo DiCaprio is just ranking in thebank checks living life large and expects royal treatment, regardless if the average US salaryis $31,000 a year, think Leonardo DiCaprio cares, oh course not. He wants his $31,000. an hour,talk about greedy, this actor has no respect on the US economy in recession and shows norespect for sturggling families trying to get buy, he is flying high in his private jet, traveling,vacation more than working, you name it, easy life for Leonardo DiCaprio.

Considering the US economy is in recession as the average annual income in the United States is $31,000.00 a year. Doesn't it make you angry when you see people like Leonardo DiCaprio making $20,000.00 an hour to $30,000.00 per hour or $20 to $40 million over a 1 to 2 months worth of work? How about 2 or 3 films in one year at $20 $40 million per film, also gross earnings and royalties on top of that too. Do you think he thinks about the salaries other people make such as for example at $8.00 $10.00 $18.00 $20.00 an hour behind the set or people behind a coffee counter or restaurant what they make? Do you think he cares about how hard a 75 year old man still having to work as his pension doesn't pay him enough for his medication to work a part-time job at $8.00 an hour when someone like Leonardo DiCaprio makes over $20,000.00 to $30,000.00 an hour? Leonardo DiCaprio driving a brand new 2011 $320,000.00 Ferrari down the street and mega million dollar homes to go to, what about those people working for $8.00 an hour? You think Leonardo DiCaprio thinks about how hard people work and how they have to earn a living? What if we took Leonardo DiCaprio and said Leonardo, we have a movie and we need an actor for it. We have a limited budget. We can only pay you $10.00 an hour and if that isn't enough $100.00 an hour maybe. What do you think Leonardo DiCaprio would say? Take a guess. Just imagine it? $20 million per film salary to work for $10.00 or $100.00 an hour, do you think he would work for it? If not, how many Americans right now would want to make $10.00 an hour in a bad recession economy? If Leonardo DiCaprio said no and you said yes, how does that make you feel and how does it make Leonardo DiCaprio feel. Cheap versing not enough.

Isn't it wonderful that Hollywood pays only a handful of people big money and star royalty treatment the rest of the people behind the set making terrible low wages; Well Leonardo DiCaprio does not think his salary is a ripoff and nor does he think about the hard workers behind the set making $8.00 an hour or even movie goers paying $10.50 or more per movie ticket either. Even if you don't watch his movie's, he is still on contract to get his $20 to $40 million, plus hegets upfront fees just to sign the contract, that are non negotiable and even his the film is cancelled he'll still get paid dependingwhat film was left out on he could of played in. As if he is not making enough already to ask for gross cost too, that's taking the profit from the creators to work the film? The set may have over 2000 people behind the set making wages like being an illegal immigrant. Sad and he doesn't care what people make behind the set, he is about his big fat check.

The problem with the rich greedy actors and actress's is that they all get paid for 2 months worth of work orless than 3 and the leave on vacation or the next film, leaving everyone behind thr set working months toa year trying to get the film finished. Thats what they do, the leave and fly on a private jetwhile everybody else flies commercial on an economy plane if they have to travel or not. And evenfly home on weekends and back on set while the crews are sleeping in tents or dumpy trailers,while actors like Leonardo DiCaprio staying in every 5 star hotel during the entire set. To thinkLeonardo DiCaprio is in the actors union but treats everybody else like garage because he isrich and famous. You know there are so many people behind the set that made the creative shots,location scenes, camera roles or risky stunts and etc, they are not reconigzed for anything and here you seeLeonardo DiCaprio at the academy awards or etc awards, all paid to travel, everything all paidfor. He gets his 8 figure million dollar paycheck, people behind the set get no credit andget about hundred dollars a week, talk about sick and greedy how these actors expect to get theirmoney and think less of all the people living on low incomes behind the set.

Ever seen Leonardo DiCaprio pay a role as a low income worker making low money as the character in a movie but really in real life, he is mega rich. He pays the poor character and hungry but that's only behind the set when he has millions in his bank account. And let's not forget lifetime royalties either. Each film also Leonardo DiCaprio gets a royalty as well. Leonardo DiCaprio still gets a paycheck every time that movie plays and every other film he acted in has to pay his royalty. When you see a movie and see all the credits behind a movie, think about all the people behind the set making hourly wages from $8.00 to $15.00 an hour to do all the little things behind a movie. Now think of Leonardo DiCaprio with all those people making those wages and him making $20,000.00 to $30,000.00 an hour?Does that sound fair? What about a movie 14 years ago and everybody back than already worked and got paid but Leonardo DiCaprio is still getting paid, every movie. I mean really how much is too much? Do you think he is a RIPOFF. I would say so. Listen he maybe an actor but in my opinion not a great actor. There are thousands of talented Broadway actors that make $15 to $20 an hour, why do those talented Broadway actors have to make so little but Leonardo DiCaprio has to make $20,000.00 to $30,000.00 dollars an hour versing them? What's the difference? The world is full of talented actors, is it fair that people have to make so much more than others?

If you took a bunch of employees making $8.00 an hour, how many employees would it take them to earn their wages to pay off Leonardo DiCaprio for his per film salary at $20 million dollars, imagine? Let's say the average week of work is 40 hours at week at $8.00 an hour to total $20 million. How many employees would it take to per off Will Smith's $20 million from people making minimum wage at $8.00. It would take about 62,500 employees for one week at $320.00 each to cover Leonardo DiCaprio $20 million dollar per film annual salary). Wow That's 62,500 people at $8.00 an hour to pay Leonardo DiCaprio (and that's not even $44 million which means a whole lot more minimum wage employees to cover his salary) and I didn't even mention taxes. Now wonder why so many people are broke, paying these huge American Hollywood salaries. Do you think Leonardo DiCaprio would say yeah maybe I am making too much money, I'll take a pay cut? Probably not. What if people complained and said that movie is a ripoff, a refund or don't pay the money to the actors. Do you think Leonardo DiCaprio will be understanding and not charge his $20 to $40 dollar per film wage to satisfy movie goers his role was not so great? What do you think he would do, rein verse his salary to the movie producers if customers are not happy? I mean isn't America the refund country if you don't like it take it back? What if the earnings of the money were awful, would Leonardo DiCaprio say ok the movie didn't make enough money and everybody's in debt to make the movie, he would cut is salary so the movie could break even? Do you think Leonardo DiCaprio would be understanding or say, no I am worth $20 to $44 million in everything I do per film and you pay me for it? Take a guess what Leonardo DiCaprio would do.

Do you know if you go to college and you get your bachelors you may earn an extra $2 million in your lifetime in your career because you went to school. Lets say you make $65,000.00 a year and you work 30 years, how much are you worth when you retire versing Leonardo DiCaprio at about $50 to $100 plus million a year? $1,950,000.00 for 30 years (working 8 to 5, 5 day a week year around with 2 weeks vacation) where Leonardo DiCaprio will make 10% more each year for example his 30 years could be worth over a billion easily plus he vacations almost all year around and around the global because he makes so much money. Do you feel it is too much? You work hard and he doesn't compared to hard working Americans. I mean really compare a hard working job making less than $10.00 an hour or even $20.00 or etc. Can you picture Leonardo DiCaprio landscaping, housecleaning, construction or concrete work or etc.

The bottom line is Leonardo DiCaprio is a ripoff and Hollywood production companies should be ashamed of themselves to pay greedy celebrity actors mega million per film salaries when they do not work hard at all. Why do they pay so much to these actors? What is the reason for it? The Country is broke, the unemployment rate is 9.8% and businesses are suffering in financial debt but Hollywood continues to pay these ripoff salaries to Leonardo DiCaprio and others but the rest of the people behind the set are paidpeanuts?

If you feel this is wrong and disgusted with Leonardo DiCaprio salary send him a letter to his agent and complain how much is too much. Think they'll respond? Ah right - never!After all Leonardo DiCaprio is in a Union, these wonderful unions to allow actors like this to make mega millions. Look at the US economy and where the money is going, food stamps, health care to the poor and illegal immigrants, unemploymentchecks and etc but hey there room to pay Leonardo DiCaprio $75 to $100 million a yearthough.

Lets see for $33,000.00 an hour for one Leonardo DiCaprio actor would equal the cost of people to pay his salary off:

per hour you would get:$28.00 1178 US soldiers$250.00 132 doctors$220.00 150 lawyers$130.00 253 US Senators$80.00 412 Congressmen$35.00 942 auto mechanics$28.00 1178 pharmacists$10.00 3300 whole sale store employees$9.00 3666 department store employees$8.00 4125 retail clerk employees$5.00 6600 illegal immigrants in the US$.25 cents 132,000 Chinese assembly workers

Shack of shame isn't it. Shame on Leonardo DiCaprio for this incredible ripoff salary costing people millions to live his fortune on greed. The average American makes$31,000.00 a year but Leonardo DiCaprio makes that in 1 hour, that is sick. Theguy is all about his expensive pay, the guy is nothing but greedy and does notcare what Americans make, he is all about his huge 2 month salary after eachfilm and walks off the set while the crew and editors are stuck for months andmonths trying to complete the film while Leonardo DiCaprio is on vacation or oneanother film demanding another $20,000,000.00 to $40,000.00 million.

What a ripoff actor!!! Shame on you Leonardo DiCaprio!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
2 of 2 Special Artist Agency reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Apr 14 #1144477

Ain't nobody got time to read all that text

1 0 Reply

May 29, 2015 #989426

Of all the things that are causing this great country and the hard working citizens that help others even when they have so little to spare, why would you what to waste the very precious gift of your life "TIME" on something so meaningless. One actor that has had the good fortune of beating the odds and making big in hollywood. Spend your time doing something more creative and then help by sharing with the less fortunate. This citizens of this planet need to be educated on how helping and sharing with each other is not only the right thing to do, but is also a "vital, immediate, necessity, for humans to survive for whats ahead of us all.

4 0 Reply

Nov 16, 2014 #901304

BWAHAHAHAHA, how the frack does this *** you off? Go make some more money. Just because your woman closes her eyes and imagine Leo instead of looking at your pathetic face don't get mad at him.

5 4 Reply

Nov 17, 2014 #901756 Denver, Colorado, United States

Anonymous, grow up. spending time on pissedconsumer as you are apparently pissed at the world.
If you could read you might see the author has a point but surely your minimum wage doesn't bother you or your session 8 apartment but heck have fun on pissedconsumer where high priced actors are having loads of fun in their fancy cars and jets while you earn a wonderful living compared to then.
for $33,000.00 an hour for one Leonardo DiCaprio actor would equal the
cost of people to pay his salary off:
per hour you would get:
$28.00 1178 US soldiers $250.00 132 doctors $220.00 150 lawyers $130.00 253 US Senators $80.00 412 Congressmen $35.00 942 auto mechanics $28.00 1178 pharmacists $10.00 3300 whole sale store employees $9.00 3666 department store employees $8.00 4125 retail clerk employees $5.00 6600 illegal immigrants in the US $.25 cents 132,000 Chinese assembly workers

3 4 Reply
jimsjima

Nov 04, 2014 #895440

To all and Leonardo DiCaprio:
I am the original author of this report and as a constant movie goer, I have seen how Hollywood has paid millions to actors and has put movie theater businesses and people behind the set on the sidelines when it comes to pay. Yes Leonardo DiCaprio is making millions for little work effort, I think we can all agree to that.
However I am not a cruel person and really I don't like to bash people but this subject had me really upset on how people can make this kind of money. So with that, I am basically going to put this behind me and say I am sorry for making this report.
... Show more

3 4 Reply
notgivingit

Nov 02, 2014 #894405 Auburn, Massachusetts, United States

I think I read 2 or 3 lines before I nearly pissed myself laughing. this is by far the longest but well laid out troll I've ever seen in my life and I've been around since before the days of the internet.
thank you OP for making my day.

8 4 Reply
uhuher

Sep 02, 2011 #338061

I don't see the issue with Leonardo Dicaprio himself, I see it with the ppl or agencies or whatever that think dealing this kind of money out to ppl for an acting job is okay. I feel the same way about MLB, NBA, NFL and etc... Most of all I hate insurance companies and HMOs. They are the real issue here. There is a new drug out that can almost cure a person with a certain type of stage 4 cancer and they want to charge $150,000 a year for the medication. NICE. I take issue with these monters more than anyone.

4 4 Reply
markl

Mar 31, 2015 #965917 Adelaide, South Australia, Australia

Sportspeople making millions so we can watch em do stuff that most of us can be doing at the local park! And then we go to work & talk about how well "we" played, or how "we" won!
But all "we" done was sit on a couch & turn on the tele!!!!

1 0 Reply
Деян

Aug 27, 2011 #335281

:grin

2 3 Reply
Frank

Aug 25, 2011 #334228

:( Excellent point Leonardo Dicaprio is making America go broke for the excessive salary he is getting. Divide the money up and see how many people it would cover. I wonder if Mr. Dicaprio realizing his income is compared to many other people are getting? Probably not and never will too I imagine. I agree making $20,000 an hour is too muc money.

8 4 Reply
Corky Wilder

Aug 24, 2011 #333908

boo hoo i'm so broke and poor that I want leonardo dicaprio to not make his high paid salary. I got news for you winer this the usa. that means freedom to make as much money as you want, can or are smart enough to do. If you want everybody to be equally broke like you're dumb ***, then go to Mexico. Now if you'll excuse me I need to go to the bank and make a deposit in my savings account. Corky Wilder

5 8 Reply
suka

Oct 04, 2014 #879707

Go to Ur bank and enjoy what u have as very soon u will die of cancer or Ebola and all Ur money won't help u;-)

5 6 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Special Artist Agency.
Filing a new complaint about
×