James Spada of Spada Photography Takes Money then Claims Bankruptcy
Hi, being a Chicago bride I thought maybe you'd be interested in my story since he's a photography vendor in Chicago, Illinois. My husband and I hired James Spada of Spada Photography and Video Inc. out of Arlington Heights, IL to tape our wedding day and create and edited DVD with all the special effects, music, credits and a photo montage. This was supposed to be the final step to look back on our beautiful day together our wedding day. I was first contacted from James Spada through an email I agreed to meet with James at our house. I gave him directions. He brought a laptop and showed us examples of weddings he supposedly taped previously. He explained that he would not personally be taping the day. We thought that would still be okay since he would be doing the editing for the tape himself. He said he had a room out of his home. We talked about our kids he met our children. He seemed like a really nice guy. We gave him a $200 deposit. He mailed us a copy of our contract. We were excited that we found a nice guy to trust with our wedding memory. He said he needed the money before the wedding day. Another $1000 was paid in full before the day of the wedding. He called me to confirm the details of how the day would plan out for the wedding and the name of the videographer he was sending. The gentleman that showed up was very nice very professional. He seemed to work well and be helpful the entire day. His name was Rex. After 4 months and no video. With emails sent back and forth one time after I asked what was going on his email address was saying undelivered. So, I started to worry. He emailed me back in a couple days in a different email address. Said he just got back from vacation and not worry. So, finally he emailed me and asked me for my address. I gave it to him and he mailed me back all the pictures I sent him and the original tapes from the man Rex that taped my wedding day. I do not even know if these tapes have my wedding on them. He also sent a letter that stated. First of all I would like to say that I am sorry that this is happening to you and I hope this does not distract from your wedding day as that was not my intension. Your day should still be a beautiful memory for the rest of your lives. I am truly sorry. With that being said because of personal problems and financial I am closing down Spada Photography and Video Inc. and filing personal bankruptcy as well. I have included in this letter all the info you need if you wish to finish your album and video as well. I wish you all the best. Sincerely, James Spada and included a Chris Ducassie 847-902-9461 number. I called him and he has not returned my call. Check out his reputation on Ripoffreports.com and on the Better Business Bureau. Spada Photography also markets as a modeling agency...At the address of 4507 North Ravenswood Avenue Suite 106 Chicago, IL 60640 Phone number: 773-728-7460 with the same website at www.spadaphotography.com MODELS BEWARE He goes by Alfred Spada on ModelMayhem.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- James Spada
- Review category
- Professional Services
You May Also Like
- "Hired Mr. Dufresne to paint my condo and the paint job was very poor, and he got paint all over my woodwork. When I contacted him to ask for my..."
- "I have been dealing with this stalker for over 2 years now! And, of course instead of competing with honor these so called, "customer" reviews are garbage! These are fabricated..."
- "I have a shop on Etsy; rather, had. I've been suspended, twice. In the announcement, it read: "Please check email for a message explaining why, and how to restore account...."
- "after a couple years the heater stopped heating and only put out sort of warm air. customer service sent out new bulbs and when i pulled out the old..."
- "i went to purebred breeders web site picked out a husky $1100 dollars they guaranteed the dogs health and said they knew the breeder for years very trustworthy ,,1 week..."
- "At the location I go to has at least 2 parking spots for expecting moms and "new moms". I thought this wording was too narrow because other stores such as..."
- "i had bought a proactiv plus 3 step kit, & since then i have been receiving a ridiculous amount of proactiv + larger kits and tbh i dont remeber signing..."
- "What an utter bowel movement of a company. My refrigerator (Whirlpool Refrigerator Model WRX735SDBM02) is brand new and already the surface of the control panel is flaking and peeling away...."