James Spada of Spada Photography Takes Money then Claims Bankruptcy

2 of 2 Spada Photography reviews

Hi, being a Chicago bride I thought maybe you'd be interested in my story since he's a photography vendor in Chicago, Illinois. My husband and I hired James Spada of Spada Photography and Video Inc. out of Arlington Heights, IL to tape our wedding day and create and edited DVD with all the special effects, music, credits and a photo montage. This was supposed to be the final step to look back on our beautiful day together our wedding day. I was first contacted from James Spada through an email I agreed to meet with James at our house. I gave him directions. He brought a laptop and showed us examples of weddings he supposedly taped previously. He explained that he would not personally be taping the day. We thought that would still be okay since he would be doing the editing for the tape himself. He said he had a room out of his home. We talked about our kids he met our children. He seemed like a really nice guy. We gave him a $200 deposit. He mailed us a copy of our contract. We were excited that we found a nice guy to trust with our wedding memory. He said he needed the money before the wedding day. Another $1000 was paid in full before the day of the wedding. He called me to confirm the details of how the day would plan out for the wedding and the name of the videographer he was sending. The gentleman that showed up was very nice very professional. He seemed to work well and be helpful the entire day. His name was Rex. After 4 months and no video. With emails sent back and forth one time after I asked what was going on his email address was saying undelivered. So, I started to worry. He emailed me back in a couple days in a different email address. Said he just got back from vacation and not worry. So, finally he emailed me and asked me for my address. I gave it to him and he mailed me back all the pictures I sent him and the original tapes from the man Rex that taped my wedding day. I do not even know if these tapes have my wedding on them. He also sent a letter that stated. First of all I would like to say that I am sorry that this is happening to you and I hope this does not distract from your wedding day as that was not my intension. Your day should still be a beautiful memory for the rest of your lives. I am truly sorry. With that being said because of personal problems and financial I am closing down Spada Photography and Video Inc. and filing personal bankruptcy as well. I have included in this letter all the info you need if you wish to finish your album and video as well. I wish you all the best. Sincerely, James Spada and included a Chris Ducassie 847-902-9461 number. I called him and he has not returned my call. Check out his reputation on Ripoffreports.com and on the Better Business Bureau. Spada Photography also markets as a modeling agency...At the address of 4507 North Ravenswood Avenue Suite 106 Chicago, IL 60640 Phone number: 773-728-7460 with the same website at www.spadaphotography.com MODELS BEWARE He goes by Alfred Spada on ModelMayhem.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 2 Spada Photography reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
P

Feb 10, 2012 #427008

Did the same thing to my daughter in 2007. Can't believe he is still doing this. We finally got the materials after threatening legal action for months. I knew his family and his wife had told me in 2002 they had a business that "tanked" then. I was *** and never thought to ask further info. The pics were nice, dvd nice (taken by another worker), the album was cheap' like one you can do yourself at the drugstore.

anon

Jan 03, 2012 #402299

REALLY sorry to hear what's happening here. Spada did an outstanding job for us in '99. we would have recommended him highly to anyone! Everyone can fsll on hard times, especially in the economy of the last 10 years, and I'm really sorry for anyone eho hd a bad experience with james

C. Becker

Jul 15, 2011 #312862

I worked for this *** way back in 2002. At that point he was trying to do school portrait photography in addition to the wedding stuff. Let give you a piece of unsolicited advice, James: You do not know how to run a business, therefore you should not open any more. You ALWAYS declare bankruptcy. Bankruptcy is supposed to assuage a crisis for an honest person, but you use it like a *** uses abortion for birth control. Quit taking people's money. If you haven't figured out how to exchange goods for cash in 10 years, you never will. Go back to being an assistant and thank your lucky stars someone is willing to work with you.
PS: I'm still waiting for my last paycheck, Dingus, just like all your former employees! I hope you sleep fitfully at night, you ***.

ws

Mar 07, 2015 #955116 Chicago, Illinois, United States

Hey! It's W.S., we worked for MPD at the same time and I hav attempted over the years to do some my own sleuthing regarding JS. What a trail of tears huh? Just, wow…

Christina

Jun 30, 2011 #306581

James Spada did the same thing to us for our October 2004 wedding! NEVER got our negatives that we paid for as part of the package either. My photos are all starting to fade now too. :(

Spada lies to us too!

Feb 16, 2011 #249595

WOW! I can't believe he was still doing business in 2009. He did my wedding in 2003 and the same thing happened. I had to take him to court and finally got my photos and negatives. He never did my album. PLUS he was so MEAN to us about it. We are the customers. He never returned calls in a timely manner and acted like we were at fault for his problems. If he was nice about the issues and returned calls... I don't think there would have been as many complaints!

0 0 Reply
Megan who outsmarted Spada!

Jan 02, 2011 #230969

The same thing happened to me! My wedding was in July 2004 and after 2 years of no contact and NO album, pictures, or DVD I quickly realized that he was not going to give me anything I paid for. He wouldnt return calls, e-mails, and my letters went unanswered. He didn't know who he was dealing with. I contacted the Treasury department and a private investigator and got all pictures, album, and DVD. True that nothing was what I contracted for but at least I got my memories. I feel sorry for anywho who does business with him and has no idea what a loser and fraud they are dealing with. I have made in my mission to tell the world what a rip off and piece of trash he really is. The man has no conscious and will lie to your face and take your money and your memories.

James Spada

Jan 24, 2010 #107519

This was not done on purpose I am sorry and I am trying to start over. I have lost everything. All my clients received all there negatives and the rights to do what ever they need to do. I never did not show up or give all I could to them on there day. I am truly sorry.

James

Louisa

Jan 14, 2010 #104197

You can call a video editor who will take the tapes and put them on dvd for you, it should be relatively inexpensive. In regards to your album there are many sites that help the retail client through an album design. Good Luck.

Spada is a fraud

Jan 14, 2010 #104191

Same thing happened to us. The guys is a ***

Wedding memories...

Feb 01, 2009 #51266

That is awful, but I totally understand, this has happened to me. I do want to give KUDO's to a guy names Jerry Smith (yes, Smith)...he owns Heritage Biographies in Everett Wa. I am in AZ. He makes the nicest DVD of pictures I have had done. They are reasonable and unique. NOT a common slide show. If your interested his number is:
425-355-7030
Best of Luck and Congradulations!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Spada Photography.
Filing a new complaint about
×