Do not contract out work from DR Horton or Sovran Building systems
I am a Sub Contractor located in Panama City Florida.I signed a contract with Sovran Builders to build houses for DR Horton.There was every excuse in the book not to pay.
Now, I am having to file a lien to try and retain my money. I was first told that they could not release my check due to inadequate insurance so I went to my insurance company to inquire. Of course, there was nothing wrong with my insurance, so I had my insurance company contact Sovran Builders. Sovran called me back to say that they had a meeting with my insurance company and DR Horton and that my insurance company did not want to represent me anymore and that they were going to cut their losses and eventually mail me my check.
I was standing in the office of my insurance carrier when I took this call and no such meeting took place. They are LIARS. They will put you on one job, and when you are at the stage of construction for a draw they will move you to another job. You will work your a** of and get paid in percentages of completion.
SO, you never get paid. No wonder consumers are waiting so long to occupy their home.
I have attached pictures of 4737 Magnolia Bay Club, Panama City Beach Florida and pictures of 1027 Tidewater Lane in Laird Point.I am so sorry if either one of these houses belongs to you.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "hello to everyone here I wish there would be somekind of class action suite against them there are complaints everywhere my story is I bought a home from clayton homes..."
- "We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive. The product did not hold up and within a couple..."
- "We already left a review of Charles Brzezinski and CBCS but please disregard that review as it was forced out of us because Charles held our project hostage until my..."
- "In November 2011 we purchased a 4 month old English Bulldog puppy from Jess Durkin..we already had rescued a 1 1/2 year old bulldog and even though we still have..."
- "We special ordered a 36" and 32" MasterCraft exterior doors. We have installed many doors and have never had leakage issues until these 2 doors. First large rain they leaked..."
- "After seeing that a Cheryl B. from my small hometown had viewed a quote sent for pet photography I was able to see her last name. Curious, I have been..."