Do not contract out work from DR Horton or Sovran Building systems
I am a Sub Contractor located in Panama City Florida.I signed a contract with Sovran Builders to build houses for DR Horton.There was every excuse in the book not to pay.
Now, I am having to file a lien to try and retain my money. I was first told that they could not release my check due to inadequate insurance so I went to my insurance company to inquire. Of course, there was nothing wrong with my insurance, so I had my insurance company contact Sovran Builders. Sovran called me back to say that they had a meeting with my insurance company and DR Horton and that my insurance company did not want to represent me anymore and that they were going to cut their losses and eventually mail me my check.
I was standing in the office of my insurance carrier when I took this call and no such meeting took place. They are LIARS. They will put you on one job, and when you are at the stage of construction for a draw they will move you to another job. You will work your a** of and get paid in percentages of completion.
SO, you never get paid. No wonder consumers are waiting so long to occupy their home.
I have attached pictures of 4737 Magnolia Bay Club, Panama City Beach Florida and pictures of 1027 Tidewater Lane in Laird Point.I am so sorry if either one of these houses belongs to you.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I have not been in my home for six months and everyday I notice things that are wrong with my home from squeaky floors to pushed nails, cracks in the..."
- "Let this video speak for itself. The lowest bidder does the work. The super was a really nice guy but he had no experience with residential building, I..."
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "Why did you guys screw up the photo gallery? It used to be so much nicer and user friendly. There was nothing wrong with it, but you messed it up...."
- "Ordered a ugly Xmas sweater on December 14. By Christmas I emailed to try to cancel the order since it clearly wasn't going to arrive before Xmas and was told..."
- "I ordered 3 items. I received the coffe cup fairly quickly, and the dog trainer bracelet approximately a week later. My 3rd item was a pair of black leggings with..."