Southwest Engines - Review about Complete Engine from Ellendale, North Dakota

59 of 103 Southwest Engines reviews

Bought a so-called complete motor. After 3wks it finally shipped. Said it was being "tested". Received a block of metal, nowhere near complete. Had a broken off intake manifold, cracked exhaust manifold, broken water pump, hole in the valve cover, dipstick tube was bent over almost 90* and the valves were rusty..guessing from the so-called "steam cleaning". My mechanic was PISSED! said I, basically, got a used long block for $1900. For the same price I could've had a new long block from the dealership. WITH A REAL WARRANTY!!!!

I called to ask them what they actually sent and got asked what was wrong. Started naming things and they said "that's a warranty issue, I'll transfer you", click..."warranty, this is Neil, can I help you?" Started telling him what I received, and was rudely interrupted with "that's a shipping claim here's their #, 800-543-5589". Called that, was asked the trace #. Told her the # I received from SWEngines, she says "That's not a # for our shipments, where was it sent to?" Told her. I got, "I'm not showing a delivery there. Where was it sent from?" Told her. I got " I'm not showing a "pick up there, either". Asked her "how's all this work? I just want to get "something" out of this, I ordered an engine, carb to oil pan and I got less". Was told "leave everything in place, cuz we can't reimburse you until this is resolved". I said "I'll get more info and call you back".

This vehicle is my livelihood! I can't wait to have this resolved. I'm using a loaner now and need to get it back.

I realized I had been taken and was going to be given the run-around.

Called the dealership and told them to just use the 2 motors to make a running motor and get me on the road again.

My next calls are to the BBB and Attourney Generals office!!!!

If SWEngines would've just tried working with me, I would've settled it all over the phone.

Now I see someone is trying to get a class-action suit against them. COUNT ME IN!!!!

I'd be ashamed to run a business like this. It's more of a scam, than anything. And I'm suspecting the so-called "shipping companies" are friends/relatives, in on all of it!

I have more pics and video as proof.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Complete Engine
Review category
Equipment
review #601532

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Southwest Engines? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
59 of 103 Southwest Engines reviews

Jul 03, 2016 #1180771 Concord, North Carolina, United States

Count me in on the class action suit as well.
They ripped me off for over $1200.. Have pics of the so called 30,000 mile engine with broken brackets, burned up pistons etc. would love to show those pics in court

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.