Southern Maryland Kitchen - Southern Md Kitchen & Bath Effed up my bathrooms
So. Md Kitchen and Bath, located in California, MD, messed up my bathrooms in my house. The first job was to remodel the hall bath. They demo'd it, and that's when the fun began. The workman who was replacing the tub & shower diverter seemed lost, didn't know how to do it.
After a few phone calls, he was able to put it in. If I had wanted a Harry home owner to install my fixtures, I would have only paid for him. As it was, I paid master plumber prices ($750 for faucet install)for this guy who was definitely NOT a plumber. He also had to make 4 trips just to install a lav faucet and reset a toilet (Both of which are loose). But thats not the worst of it.
Also in the job, they were to regrout the master bath tile. They turned a helper loose in my MB with a grinder of some sort to grind out the grout lines. He had only been working for one month. Never had done this before. In the process, I now have over 160 ceramic tiles damaged in the MB, and will need to replace all of them in the room.
Contractors solution for hall bath: The toilet isn't leaking, and the lav faucet works, so that's ok. (No it's not. the angle stops are leaking all over the cabinet, and the toilet is not connected, except by the wax ring to the plumbing drain!).
Master bath solution: We will credit you for the grout job ($700) to put toward replacing the floor and bath tiles ($5,000+).
I hope this review will help others to see how bad the work is that they perform, and warn them away. How do I know about the plumbing? I'm a retired master plumber.
How I left it with them was that i was not going to pay them there third draw ($2032.00). If they want it, they will have to sue me for it.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Remodeling Of Bathrooms
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Where do I begin.... We have had nothing but issues with Ryan Homes. To start, quality of work is bottom of the barrel. After moving in, it became immediately apparent..."
- "I am 8 years in a Genesee/Lennar home. First the plumbing lines were not angled right so the draining was bad. Had to get an independent plumber to tell Lennar..."
- "This is a scam. Don't throw away your money by using this company! I was led to believe that the "manager" would hire experienced painters--nothing was said about off-the-street college..."
- "On 1/22/17 I entered Walgreens pharmacy around 6:45. I gave the pharmacist my mothers prescription. She then informed me that they had stopped filling prescriptions. The prescription was on an..."
- "I write to introduce our financial services to you. I am a direct mandate to a Financial Institution who is also known as private lender specialized in the Lease and..."
- "I own thunder vapor a small Vape shop in Oklahoma City and over the past 3 years I've had Dozens upon dozens of calls and lost out of town business..."
- "Purchased this chair and after having it only one year, the arms started peeling. The material is separating from the backing. It seems as if the material is rotten or..."
- "A customer on Instagram was sent a huge box of beauty samples from @thishawn, head of the Victoria's Secret beauty department. When I contacted Victoria's Secret to ask if I..."
- "I ordered a dresser in the beginning of December. I picked the middle of the line pricing. So it shipped out December 16th. So by January 19th I decided to..."