Southern Maryland Kitchen - Southern Md Kitchen & Bath Effed up my bathrooms
So. Md Kitchen and Bath, located in California, MD, messed up my bathrooms in my house. The first job was to remodel the hall bath. They demo'd it, and that's when the fun began. The workman who was replacing the tub & shower diverter seemed lost, didn't know how to do it.
After a few phone calls, he was able to put it in. If I had wanted a Harry home owner to install my fixtures, I would have only paid for him. As it was, I paid master plumber prices ($750 for faucet install)for this guy who was definitely NOT a plumber. He also had to make 4 trips just to install a lav faucet and reset a toilet (Both of which are loose). But thats not the worst of it.
Also in the job, they were to regrout the master bath tile. They turned a helper loose in my MB with a grinder of some sort to grind out the grout lines. He had only been working for one month. Never had done this before. In the process, I now have over 160 ceramic tiles damaged in the MB, and will need to replace all of them in the room.
Contractors solution for hall bath: The toilet isn't leaking, and the lav faucet works, so that's ok. (No it's not. the angle stops are leaking all over the cabinet, and the toilet is not connected, except by the wax ring to the plumbing drain!).
Master bath solution: We will credit you for the grout job ($700) to put toward replacing the floor and bath tiles ($5,000+).
I hope this review will help others to see how bad the work is that they perform, and warn them away. How do I know about the plumbing? I'm a retired master plumber.
How I left it with them was that i was not going to pay them there third draw ($2032.00). If they want it, they will have to sue me for it.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Remodeling Of Bathrooms
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "I bought a house at Sonoma on November 2014, it all started off wrong as they rushed our closing stating they wanted to do it before thanksgiving and even tho..."
- "Joseph E. Prada (or Joseph E. Prado) agreed to install laminate floors on the second floor in my mom's house - a total of 800 sq feet. The total work..."
- "My Adams Homes StoryMy Defective Adams Home Story. Three years ago September of 2006 my family purchased a 3000 square foot home from Adams Homes of North East Florida. This..."
- "The hurricane wv (teays valley) store has the greatest employees of all speedways in our area. But i am legally blind. Once a month i get a hot chocolate using..."
- "My parents took my son to get a hair cut at the Smart Style within the Walmart in Beeville, Texas. The haircut he received was very crooked and looked like..."
- "Nar Mar Construction Company, Inc - Formerly McAnally Construction Company and MCC & Associates Inc. of Rockwall, TX owned by Shannon McAnally, Megan McAnally, John McAnally, Keith McAnally, Cindy McAnally,..."
- "I ordered a dresser in the beginning of December. I picked the middle of the line pricing. So it shipped out December 16th. So by January 19th I decided to..."
- "A customer on Instagram was sent a huge box of beauty samples from @thishawn, head of the Victoria's Secret beauty department. When I contacted Victoria's Secret to ask if I..."
- "Purchased this chair and after having it only one year, the arms started peeling. The material is separating from the backing. It seems as if the material is rotten or..."