Gettysburg, Pennsylvania

So. Md Kitchen and Bath, located in California, MD, messed up my bathrooms in my house. The first job was to remodel the hall bath. They demo'd it, and that's when the fun began. The workman who was replacing the tub & shower diverter seemed lost, didn't know how to do it.

After a few phone calls, he was able to put it in. If I had wanted a Harry home owner to install my fixtures, I would have only paid for him. As it was, I paid master plumber prices ($750 for faucet install)for this guy who was definitely NOT a plumber. He also had to make 4 trips just to install a lav faucet and reset a toilet (Both of which are loose). But thats not the worst of it.

Also in the job, they were to regrout the master bath tile. They turned a helper loose in my MB with a grinder of some sort to grind out the grout lines. He had only been working for one month. Never had done this before. In the process, I now have over 160 ceramic tiles damaged in the MB, and will need to replace all of them in the room.

Contractors solution for hall bath: The toilet isn't leaking, and the lav faucet works, so that's ok. (No it's not. the angle stops are leaking all over the cabinet, and the toilet is not connected, except by the wax ring to the plumbing drain!).

Master bath solution: We will credit you for the grout job ($700) to put toward replacing the floor and bath tiles ($5,000+).

I hope this review will help others to see how bad the work is that they perform, and warn them away. How do I know about the plumbing? I'm a retired master plumber.

How I left it with them was that i was not going to pay them there third draw ($2032.00). If they want it, they will have to sue me for it.

Review about: Remodeling Of Bathrooms.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Southern Maryland Kitchen?

Comments

oliver

Agree, agree, agree!This company is so crooked I can't believe there still in business!!!

I had them install my kitchen and Anthony obedosa the owner or as he would have you believe "just the office manager who works for the company" lied and tried to screw me and my wife out of money left and right. The ONLY good thing I can say about them is there installer Sean was AMAZING!!!!!! Not only is he the most skilled guy in finish work I have ever seen but the hardest working guy I have ever seen.

He kept me calm and collected after every encounter with Anthony and his office people and still tried to point out all the good things about the company even though I knew he agreed with me and my wife!( good company man).So for any one he may read this to *** with that place and call Sean (443-497-6132) he will get you fixed up the right way!!!!!!!!!!

Local Family

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.WE HAD A SIMILAR EXPERIENCE.

THE WORKERS ARE THIEVES AND THE OWNERS ARE LIARS.

FIRST IMPRESSIONS ARE GOOD BUT YOU QUICKLY LEARN HOW INCOMPETENT THAT EVERY PERSON IS AT THAT COMPANY.THE ONLY COMPETENT ONES THERE ARE THE LADIES AT THE FRONT DESK.

J Ames

I had almost the same experience and they took ME to court, they are the worse. And now after to speaking with many people locally everyone says that they are the worse company. its only a matter of time before they go out of business.....hopefully.

SKD Studios

so sorry to hear that.Wish you would have come to SKD Studios first!

If you want a local place to refer your freinds, we are at www.skdstudios.com We have 100% satisfied customers and are an award winning design firm that beats local prices all the time - with no gimmicks!Hope the bathroom works out.