Southern Maryland Kitchen - Southern Md Kitchen & Bath Effed up my bathrooms
So. Md Kitchen and Bath, located in California, MD, messed up my bathrooms in my house. The first job was to remodel the hall bath. They demo'd it, and that's when the fun began. The workman who was replacing the tub & shower diverter seemed lost, didn't know how to do it.
After a few phone calls, he was able to put it in. If I had wanted a Harry home owner to install my fixtures, I would have only paid for him. As it was, I paid master plumber prices ($750 for faucet install)for this guy who was definitely NOT a plumber. He also had to make 4 trips just to install a lav faucet and reset a toilet (Both of which are loose). But thats not the worst of it.
Also in the job, they were to regrout the master bath tile. They turned a helper loose in my MB with a grinder of some sort to grind out the grout lines. He had only been working for one month. Never had done this before. In the process, I now have over 160 ceramic tiles damaged in the MB, and will need to replace all of them in the room.
Contractors solution for hall bath: The toilet isn't leaking, and the lav faucet works, so that's ok. (No it's not. the angle stops are leaking all over the cabinet, and the toilet is not connected, except by the wax ring to the plumbing drain!).
Master bath solution: We will credit you for the grout job ($700) to put toward replacing the floor and bath tiles ($5,000+).
I hope this review will help others to see how bad the work is that they perform, and warn them away. How do I know about the plumbing? I'm a retired master plumber.
How I left it with them was that i was not going to pay them there third draw ($2032.00). If they want it, they will have to sue me for it.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Remodeling Of Bathrooms
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "We have foundation problems inside and out. Electrical problems. Plumbing problems. Leaks. Had to replace AC unit b/c they put one 1 ton too small for our size home which..."
- "It was recently discovered that my Standard Pacific home and all 37 homes built the same year have major structural water damage. At least 4 structural engineers have reported..."
- "These photos are of a house with defective stucco at Sun City Hilton Head, SC. It is one example of the widespread defective stucco problem at SCHH that has resulted..."
- "So I've purchased 2 items on Mercari. One was a Victoria's Secret tote bag and the other a Victoria's Secret hooded sweatshirt. The hoodie was described as "new with tag"...."
- "A customer on Instagram was sent a huge box of beauty samples from @thishawn, head of the Victoria's Secret beauty department. When I contacted Victoria's Secret to ask if I..."
- "Purchased this chair and after having it only one year, the arms started peeling. The material is separating from the backing. It seems as if the material is rotten or..."
- "UPS delivered to me a cardboard box package containing a wood based audio shelf. The issue is tha the meathead driver left the package in the pouring rain, it was..."
- "I ordered two autism necklaces for me and my husband a month ago. I received an email stating that my order is being made and will be shipped. There is..."
- "Tread wear is severely bad due to defective materials in these tires. Local TOYO dealers and Ford service Dept (Based on TOYO info) say there is nothing they can do...."