Inglewood, California

I moved to a different apartment in the same building.When I wanted to transfer a service I was told by Edison customer service that there was no unit S in the building.

There were units R and T but no unit S (weird, unit S missing). I kept calling, I even sent them an email (in response they told me to call the same number again), I even asked the manager of the building to give me names of previous tenants so Edison could find the apartment unit under which they were registered), nothing helped. I was told many times that there was no unit S in the building and when I asked if they could send somebody to figure out what meter belonged to my new apartment, I was told that they cannot send anybody because everything is done electronically. I gave them the number of the meter that had no letter next to it and finally the last person from Edison customer service I spoke to added my name to an apartment that had no unit letter.

It took 2,5 months, I wasted a lot of time calling Edison, because there is always a long waiting time to get to speak to someone and nobody could help me. When I was finally registered under a unit with no letter I set up an automatic payment online and the bill was paid on 10/2/16, today I got an email from Edison, almost 1 week later: Unfortunately, we were unable to process your payment submitted on 10/02/2016 and they charged me $7.31 for their mistakes. I have money on my bank account so I don't know what the problem was and why they emailed it to me 6 days later (I think because they want to fine me) and not the day I set my auto payment and paid my bill). They are just looking for ways to rob people of their money.

I just had to cancel my auto payment to be able to pay my bill immediately.

I liked: One customer service woman.

I didn't like: Customer service, No help from employees.

Additional Fees
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Southern California Edison?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.