We ordered a hot tub cover from Solis Manufacturing.After having the cover for about 3 months I started to notice discoloration and degradation on the inside of the cover where it's exposed to water.

Our hot tub is about 12 years old and had 3 previous covers. None of the previous covers had any issues related to the inside of the cover.I sent photos to Solis indicating the problem and describing the problem. I received a generic response email pretty much saying the problem was due to over exposure of chemicals we added to the hot tub. We have an ozonator and use a little bromine.

That's all. After calling Solis to follow up on the issue ...twice... I was informed that ozonators are a thing of the past, that no one uses them anymore and that was probably the problem. Solis suggested I send the skin back to them for analysis.

Sending the skin is next to impossible for me since the temperature here is below freezing half the year.

I called the company that sold us the ozonator and they confirmed that ozonators are not a thing of the past and in fact are very popular.Basically, Solis is telling me it's my fault, blaming it on the chemicals, which is ***.DO NOT BUY A HOT TUB COVER FROM SOLIS!!!!!

Review about: Hot Tub Cover.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $365
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Solis Spa Covers?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.