1.5
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Number of Destinations

Smartfares are nothing but opportunistic, dishonest, financial predators! I will never use them again.

I needed to make a change to my ticket and they charged me $650 USD, where if I had booked through the airline directly, I would only have had to pay approx $70 to make the same change(confirmed by South African Airways). They claimed that most of the $650 was the fee charged by the airline, when thst wasn't the case at all. This is definitely a company to stay away from. Some of the others, like GoToGate, are ok and honest.

I once had to make a change through GoToGate, and even though I didn't pay for the free changes option, they still gave me a reasonable fee. Smartfares just gouges everyone it seems- they certainly did me! Date of rip off: December 7th 2018.

James B. Balaban

Product or Service Mentioned: Smartfares Flight Booking.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

I made a reservation yesterday 13 Dec and am to fly on the 18th. They gave me their reservation number but tonight, 24 hours after the booking, I don't show up in the airlines reservations.

After your post, I am worried about my trip. I know they charged my charge card yesterday, I checked with them.