Brisbane, Queensland
1.6K views 78 comments
100% full Not resolved

I have been SCAMMED by the Directors of SKYShades, a Brisbane, (Australia) and Orlando, Florida (USA) based business, headed by a leading Brisbane Broncos Rugby League identity and an Australian golfing legend, specialising in shade structures and a new OPV solar product, that was going to change the world forever.

I was introduced to a 'convertible note' investment opportunity (in early 2009) to the SKYShades SCAM with a 10% interest return that was never paid. There are doubts as to the authenticity of the 'prospectus' they issued with a proposed IPO in 2010, that never eventuated.

The USA based companies were placed in Chapter 7, US Bankruptcy in 2011, which included my 'convertible note' investment and those of many others, reported to be in excess of $40million.

The SKYShades Australia based companies were placed in the hands of the liquidators in 2012. All were $2 companies with no realisable assets. Directors never invested their own funds and relied on 'sucker' mums and dads investors, like me.

Corporate watchdogs have failed to act and stop the ongoing SCAM.

Surprise, surprise, now they have risen from the ashes of these failed companies at the expense of shareholders and investors and are seeking new investors to their latest SCAM and continue to trade from their Brisbane headquarters as SKYShades: www.skyshades.com.au

After my experience and substantial loss, I recommend you STAY WELL AWAY from this SCAM!!!

Review about: Investment Opportunity.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with SKYShades?

Comments

***NOTE TO PUBLIC ACCESS USERS*** Judicial Conference of the United States policy permits

attorneys of record and parties in a case (including pro se litigants) to receive one free electronic copy of

all documents filed electronically, if receipt is required by law or directed by the filer.PACER access fees

apply to all other users.

To avoid later charges, download a copy of each document during this first

viewing. However, if the referenced document is a transcript, the free copy and 30-page limit do not

apply. U.S.

Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida Notice of Electronic Filing The following transaction was received from ADIclerk entered on 07/08/2011 at 12:00PM EDT and filed on 07/08/2011 Case Name: Sky Shades Holdings, LLC Case Number: 6:10-bk-13559-KSJ Document Number: Docket Text: Bankruptcy Case Closed.(ADIclerk)

Hater's latest scam!

Stay away!

Scammed

Just spoke with Barry Maranta about my 'scammed' investment.

He tells me that the 'float' is still on, despite the collapse of all his Sky Shades companies.

The silly old goat has me still believing in the 'tooth fairy'.

His political mate 'Fat Clive' has just duded all his investors.

I'm told that investors funds are still in transit. From where I'm not sure. Same old story of bulls.....t both Barry Maranta and Rick Hayter have been feeding us for over 5 years now and they still want us to believe the same ***.

Note ***verter

Has anyone else been offered a share in Barry and Michael Maranta's new solar business 'Sustainable Energy': www.sustainable-energy.com.au to compensate for your 'convertible note' loss in SKYShades, like I have?

You can get Michael Maranta on his mobile: 0448 466 193

Desperate

As a fellow pissed off SKYShades investor, can anyone assist me with Michael Maranta's contact details?

When I went to his new website, there is no business address, phone number or fax, only his personal email address. This is of great concern as he won't respond to my emails and Barry Maranta, as shadow Director no longer takes my phone calls.

Titan Supporter

Barry Maranta couldn't save his own many business failures of the past, including SKYShades. Now he wants to help save the Gold Coast Titans, if you believe this recent Brisbane Courier Mail article.

As a Titans supporter, I don't want him anywhere near the place.

Stay in Brisbane and clean up your own back yard and repair all the lives you have destroyed in your shonky business ventures of the past.

Next thing we'll see Maranta and his fellow conmen in Greg Norman and Ric Hayter on the Titans board.

Leave us at the Titans alone.

Sleepy

This is where our hard earned money has gone: http://sustainable-energy.com.au/company-profile/

You will notice the co-Director is Michael (Mick) Maranta, the former SKYShades Director of Business Development and son of Barry Maranta.

You will notice there is no reference in his profile to his days in the failed SKYShades group of companies.

Is Barry Maranta a silent Director of Mick's new business venture?

Give him a call.

ROTTEN FRUIT DOESNT FALL FAR FROM THE TREE!!

Fooled

As time passes by, we all realise 'what fools we were' to believe in a dream that was so effectively set up by two very experienced conmen in Barry Maranta and Rick Hayter, with the backing of golfing legend Greg Norman.

Yes, we were all SCAMMED big time.

They continue to treat us all like fools telling us in a recent SKYShades Investor Updates that the international funds are 'still pending', although all companies have been wound up and deregistered by ASIC.

They now get to continue with their new SCAMS, enticing new unsuspecting investors.

What a bunch of grubs.