Avoid Skylight Visa for Direct Deposit or it will cost you!

129 of 129 Skylight Visa reviews

Skylight Visa was recommended by my employer last year, as they were trying to convert to only electronic payroll. You could choose your own bank, and if you did not have a bank or preferred to get you paycheck deposited elsewhere, Skylight was given as an option. I have a checking account, but prefer to keep my payroll separate, so I chose Skylight. Big mistake! Skylight is a prepaid debit card that makes it's money from fees. If you make more than 1 ATM withdrawal per pay period, it's going to cost you $2 (on top of what the ATM is going to charge). Need gas? You better make sure you have not only the amount that you're putting in gas, but whatever amount the gas station uses to authorize the transaction (usually $75-$100). If you only have the $30 you were planning to put in gas, your card will get declined & you will have to pay $1.50 fee. All of these fees seem pretty normal, but when you combine the horrible customer service when you call to inquire about these fees, plus no list of fees before or after they are incurred, and it seems like they can charge you whatever they please.

The breaking point for me was when I visited a "free of charge" ATM that was listed on their website. I was making a $120 withdrawal when the ATM malfunctioned & did not dispense any cash. A frustrating situation for sure. I called the company that owns the ATM who told me to contact my "bank" and have then file a Regulation E form. The CSR I spoke to could see that the ATM did indeed malfunction.

When I called Skylight Visa I was rudely told that I had to fax in basic information, and if the investigation showed that I had not received any cash, I MAY receive a provisional credit in 10 business days! They were so rude about it, and it seemed to me they were insinuating I was being dishonest by their attitude. I have had to file disputes 2 times with 2 different (real) banks, and they were always courteous & professional. Not with Skylight. All I can do now is wait & close my account after I get my money back...if I get my money back. I realize that these things must be investigated, but when you are being treated poorly while being told to wait, it makes a huge difference.

$120 is not much, but in these tough times, $120 could mean the difference between eating this week or not. Luckily $120 isn't breaking me, but I know it would mean a lot to some people. Especially to the consumer that prepaid cards target.

It's just shady business, especially when it seems like the 2 companies are in cohorts, when Skylight recommends you use this particular ATM to avoid fees. Yeah, right. It just cost me $120.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 150 Yes 150 275 No 275
Had the same issue 86 Yes 86
129 of 129 Skylight Visa reviews

Feb 19 #1290807 San Jose, California, United States

Interesting... (knock on wood, as they say) but I've had a very different experience with the skylight card.
For one, I will make multiple cash withdrawals during a single pay period and have not noticed getting any charges- so long as I use one of the free atms listed on their website. Another option is to get "cash back" on purchases whenever possible. They will charge you for a balance inquiry at an atm, or attempt to withdraw funds that aren't available... but between the Skylight website and the text alerts after every transaction, I think it's fair to say they give plenty of opportunities to keep track of your balance. And this is coming from someone who has had problems keeping track of bank account balances in the past. Banks have successfully "scammed" me by not updating my balance (when I would call in an inquiry) with pending transactions. Skylight has always included any and all pending transactions, in my experience. On that note, there was an occassion when an institution- a "ma and pa" store, did not include their 50 cent debit charge in my transaction and it ended up overdrafting me some change. This was about 3 days before my next paycheck was due to post so I was in a panic imagining the overdraft fees piling up as I waited for my next check to clear... nothing. I wasn't charged a penny. I did a little research and from what it sounds like they won't charge you an overdraft fee if your overage is less than 5 dollars. This is actually what sold me on
... Show more

A not so angry consumer

Feb 06 #1282120

I actually kinda like the visa skylight direct deposit system. All of my money goes to a card and at Walmart if you buy a 25¢ pack of kool-aid you can withdraw a custom amount of money(say... All of it?!) So you can skip all the lame and *** withdrawal fees. Just leave $1-2 in your account because I've noticed weird overdrafts for no reason. Going $1 negative isn't a big deal to me since I get paid weekly.
Another cool feature is that I CAN overdraft. If I don't have enough money on Monday(I get paid on Tuesday) I can buy a few groceries and it takes the negative money out of my next paycheck.
I never use ATM's. I go and do it the smart way at Walmart. They HAVE to give me the money I withdraw and they HAVE to be polite because if not, you can report them and they will lose their job.

Nov 02, 2016 #1235472

i got my life back after many years of suffering, just a day of grace i found option that totally change my life financially. my house and my car was seized because of my debt and i was in the street living miserable life, when i found a friend who introduced me to ATM blank deal. and i applied for it after few days the card was sent to me. it just a surprise to me that today i'm rich with the benefit of the ATM blank card. i shared my experience to those who need financial help, reach the lord for help if you also want to be a rich person and live a good life. the lord email is attached to my post delordhacker@gmail.com or call him on, +2349075383142

Dec 01, 2016 #1248771 Wilmington, Delaware, United States

PLEASE READ!!!!
Hello Guys,This is a Life Time transformation !!!I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until now i discovered a hacking lady called Annie . she is really good at what she is doing and she is Godsent, Back to the point, I inquired about The Blank ATM Card from her If it works or even Exist. she told me Yes and that its a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions. praying and hoping it was not a scam i used the blank CARD and it was successful i withdraw nothing less than 8,000 dollar daily the blank CARD worked like a magic and now i have am rich and famous in my society,im grateful to Annie because she changed my story all of a sudden,The card works in all countries except Philippines, Mali and Nigeria. Annie's email address is anniemellor2333@yahoo.com

0 2 Reply

Oct 21, 2016 #1230041

I have used Cyberhacklove@gmail.com quite a number of times and they have never disappointed me. they do all types of mobile hacks and computer hacks; get
unrestricted and unnoticeable access to your partner/spouse/anybody's facebook account, email, whatsapp, text messages. they also make changes in any database/website such as your college/university grades. Getting the job done is as simple as sending an email to cyberhacklove@gmail.com stating what you want to do?

Oct 18, 2016 #1228561

Wow just cuz you're too retarded to learn how to use the card you took all your time to complain about this company when they're really actually one of the best and cheapest how about you just learn how to use the card instead of being a f****** *** retard

3 0 Reply

Oct 06, 2016 #1223117

Omg same thing with me I can't believe it, *** I lost 360, I'm telling everybody at work to switch out of this *** bank

Oct 02, 2016 #1221387

Hello everyone, i am Jeremy Collins from UK, am using this medium to announce to the world and those in need of financial stability to look no further but contact securehackers01@gmail.com , who helped me to meet up with my financial needs through the blank card. I have tried getting the card through various means, but I never got the card, until my friend introduced me to secure Atmhackers, my life has never been the same.
I never thought the blank card was real, until i got it through secure Atmhackers.
Kindly contact securehackers01@gmail.com for more inquiry

0 2 Reply

Sep 30, 2016 #1220904

I have good news to shear with you all, do you know there is a card called a blank ATM card? My friends this card is real and it is very helpful in paying and buying things online. And this card can withdraw up to $3000 per day, I never believed this will work, when i came across my friend using this card using this card to shop online, but i also took the risk and applied for one of the card and paid for it, and it was shipped to me alongside with the information on how to use it. And ever since i got the card it has been helping me with my finanical problems and am able to take care of my two kids. This card is real and it is very easy to use and affordable. If you need help in getting one of this cards, contact:
unlimitedhackersnetwork@gmail.com

1 2 Reply

Sep 30, 2016 #1220602 Arlington Heights, Illinois, United States

Excellent writing , I was enlightened by the points - Does someone know if my business might get a fillable Custom Pay Check Stubs version to fill out ?

Sep 28, 2016 #1219407

Hi, i just want to share my experience with everyone. I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until one day i discovered a hacking guy called (OSCAR WHITE). he is really good at what he is doing. Back to the point, I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. If it works or even Exist.He told me Yes and that its a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions. Hoping and praying it was not a scam. One week later i received my card and tried with the closest ATM machine close to me, It worked like magic. I was able to withdraw up to $4500. This was unbelievable and the happiest day of my life. So far i have being able to withdraw up to $28000 without any stress of being caught. I don't know why i am posting this here, i just felt this might help those of us in need of financial stability. blank Atm has really change my life. If you want to contact him, Here is the email address oscarwhitehackersworld@gmail.com And I believe he will also Change your Life....

cook

Sep 19, 2016 #1214844

I am Raymond Water an i am from Russia. I know this might sounds crazy to everyone and seems too good to be true, but i am a living testimony to others who commented about this great hackers. I was in search of loan to enhance my business when i got scammed 4 times by fake lenders who claimed to be loan lenders, i was so doomed that i got worse in debts that i was evacuated from my home secondary to the fact that i was unable to pay my bills. My business fold up that i could not even feed my family and i had no one to run to nor was ready to help, so i ran to the pastor for shelter with my family which he wholeheartedly received us. One morning i was on the internet trying to give it a try if i could get in touch with the real loan lenders so i could get back on my feet, i came across a comment of so many people thanking the great ATM HACKERS WORLD WIDE for giving them a blank ATM card worth the sum of 20,000,000.00 United State Dollars and can be able to withdrawn the sum of $9,000.00 per day. I found this too good to be true but due to my present condition, i decided to give it a try so i sent a mail to edwardhackersworld55@gmail.com and two days later i got a response and was told the procedures needed before getting the card thus i agreed i still find its too good to be true, so i proceeded in giving the what they required and i was shocked when i got a call from the courier three days later that i have a parcel in their possession which belongs to me and i was wondering... Show more

Sep 14, 2016 #1212810 Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

BE SMART AND BECOME RICH IN LESS THAN 2DAYS BY USING THE BLANK ATM CARD
It all depends on how fast you can be to get the new PROGRAMMED blank ATM card that is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I'm rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $10,000.(ten thousand USD) Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you..For details on how to get yours today email the hackers at: destinybrownhackers@gmail.com ,Its the programmed ATM card that can into all ATM machines. Its works with any currency and in any country where you might be living in world. Its is programmed in a way that when transaction is carried out with the card ,it can't be traced. To make use of this card, you need no account number or even pin of anyone. Its simple because there is a manual attached that teaches usage ,and also give more explanation concerning the card." So friends,its a new year and a new beginning. Tell your loved once too, and start to live large. That's the simple testimony of how my life changed for good…Love you all …the email address again is
... Show more

Apr 01, 2016 #1137849

If you want to get rich within 24hours to 48hours with a blank atm card Creator, It all depends on how fast you can be to get the new blank ATM card creator that is capable of hacking into any ATM machine,anywhere in the world. I got to know about this BLANK ATM CARD CREATOR when I was searching for job online about a month ago..It has really changed my life for good and now I can say I’m rich and I can never be poor again. The least money I get in a day with it is about $50,000.(fifty thousand USD) and i only spent 200$ to get the card.Only serious individuals should contact him because he is very straight forward if you don’t have the money don't even bother to contact him and his series is 100% trusted i am a living testimony. Every now and then I keeping pumping money into my account. Though is illegal,there is no risk of being caught ,because it has been programmed in such a way that it is not traceable,it also has a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTVs to detect you..For details on how to get yours today, email blankatmcreator21@gmail.com

0 4 Reply

Mar 22, 2016 #1132292

I just want to share my experience with everyone. I have being hearing about this blank ATM card for a while and i never really paid any interest to it because of my doubts. Until one day i discovered a hacking man called frank. he is really good at what he is doing. Back to the point, I inquired about The Blank ATM Card. If it works or even Exist. They told me Yes and that its a card programmed for random money withdraws without being noticed and can also be used for free online purchases of any kind. This was shocking and i still had my doubts. Then i gave it a try and asked for the card and agreed to their terms and conditions. Hoping and praying it was not a scam. One week later i received my card and tried with the closest ATM machine close to me, It worked like magic. I was able to withdraw up to $3000. This was unbelievable and the happiest day of my life. So far i have being able to withdraw up to $28000 without any stress of being caught. I don’t know why i am posting this here, i just felt this might help those of us in need of financial stability. blank Atm has really change my life. If you want to contact them, Here is the email address ( blankatmcardcreator@gmail.com). And I believe they will also Change your Life

0 4 Reply

Mar 09, 2016 #1124789

Just had the same thing happen to me- I went to withdrawal money off my Skylight card at a AllPoints atm before it gave me my money a red screen flashed and said my financial institution wasn't available I waited 5min and it went back to the main screen. I left CVS and 2min later got a text from Skylight saying my $40 had been withdrawn but I never received any money. I called Skylight and got the same response that you did "file a dispute and we might be able to give you a provisional $40 in 10days if you want it faster contact the phone number on the atm. Seriously that's how you handle a dispute when you tell me as a customer that this happens because the atm is out of money. I will be finding a different way to receive my paycheck that was the last $40 I had until I get paid and I have 3 kids at home I was trying to get lunch money for. This will not be put to rest for sure I will pursue this matter further

Mar 04, 2016 #1121963

That almost happened to me. I had to wait 20minutes before my cash was disbursed not to mention they have been taking $1 every time I withdraw from there atm.its not supposed to charge me at ALL I already called once n they had to refund my money.....guess I will be calling again. Smh but I should not have to! If I didn't pay attention that's money they would b pocketing at my expense.

Feb 20, 2016 #1114776

This service just take your money away .....thanks a lot to my employer ,,,,

Feb 03, 2016 #1105357

I wish I would have known this!! I just set it up for my taxes to load to my skylight one card

2 0 Reply

1-20 of 92 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Skylight Visa.
Filing a new complaint about
×