Tigard, Oregon

I should have known better but being an offshoot of Consumer Reports I trusted their offer of a free gift.No where did I see a statement that accepting the free gift would result in subscription.

Apparently, they chose to see it that way and sent me an invoice today!

I am poor and certainly don't want to pay for a product I was not intending to buy.I wrote cancel but I find it highly ironic that a magazine that reports on how you can be scammed and how to avoid it- and yet perpetrates its own scam!

Review about: Magazine.

Review #202692 is a subjective opinion of a user.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with ShopSmart?

Comments

Jerry L

Apparently you also didn't see the statement "Otherwise, I'll write 'cancel' on the bill, return it and owe nothing." It's in regular type size (not small letters) and is the only bold type on the order card. What more should they have done?

Then you would have no subscription and a you would have a free gift.

As I see it, you made two assumptions, both unfounded, instead of reading to get the information you needed. You probably find yourself in this situation often.