Owner of "Shelter Dogs To Dream Dogs" had our dog killed at the shelter.
We took our terrified little rescue dog, Sandy to a "training" facility to help him become more confident and socialized.The owner Catherine Sacks was given $4300 for her services.
After 17 days and reporting on Facebook with movies and updates he was making great progress, she took him to a local Chula Vista Animal Shelter and ordered him euthanized for $15. She did this the day after she cashed the last check for $2500, and the very same day she said she wanted to help find him a suitable home. Cate Sacks had him killed behind our back without our knowledge. Then, for almost 2 weeks, she lied and pretended he was still alive to secure a rescue transfer, so she could "help him find a home".
She sent fake written progress reports to us via email AFTER HE WAS DEAD. See the documents below. After months upon months of lying, we finally found out what she did. She refused to return our $4300, so we had to sue her in small claims court.
She finally returned the money just before the court date. Little comfort, since our dog was dead, killed at a shelter, and she was using big chains on him. She told San Diego Animal Control he got caught up in those chains and was hurt, but told the shelter where he was killed it was behavior issues. Catherine and Steele Sacks, the owners, have no verifiable credentials that we could find other than her own PR.
BEWARE OF THIS PLACE. They are still adverting their "boot camp" for a $1000 a week to unsuspecting dog owners. We also found two other dogs she had killed at Chula Vista Animal Shelter, but we don't know the circumstances, other than she took them there to be killed after "adopting" them. The shelter also shows that she "adopted" our Sandy.
We have enclosed a Yelp review we found from 2012 where she tried to pull the same stunt on another dog owner. She offers to have the owner "relinquish" the dog to her.
Some sort of creepy scam.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "My name is Danielle Pannoni and my 8 month old puppy Lulu was being boarded by Camp Bow Wow Tampa when she was bit by a German Shepherd. The manager..."
- "Schnauzersrus.com is a wonderful place to buy a puppy. That's why she gets top dollar for her puppies. You get what you pay for. Marcimo the person who posted the..."
- "We took our terrified little rescue dog, Sandy to a "training" facility to help him become more confident and socialized. The owner Catherine Sacks was given $4300 for..."
- "I am a nice woman. And the only thing I can this happens is some dirt bag, Middle Aged man- got offended that I didn't text him back!! As..."
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "Hey, Carl's Jr- are you adding appetizers to your menu, but you forgot to tell the public? After hours in traffic I decided not to cook tonight so I..."
- "Good Morning, Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post on trusted advisor. I don't post ever until I have exhausted all options for customer satisfaction. I..."
- "I bought a Victoria Secret blanket from a girl named ac96 and She tried to make a lie up and won't refund my money, I want every fine back on..."
- "We paid $500 for a Larson security door including installation by a contractor! This door was presented with a video of being beaten with a bat, and a crowbar with..."