Owner of "Shelter Dogs To Dream Dogs" had our dog killed at the shelter.
We took our terrified little rescue dog, Sandy to a "training" facility to help him become more confident and socialized.The owner Catherine Sacks was given $4300 for her services.
After 17 days and reporting on Facebook with movies and updates he was making great progress, she took him to a local Chula Vista Animal Shelter and ordered him euthanized for $15. She did this the day after she cashed the last check for $2500, and the very same day she said she wanted to help find him a suitable home. Cate Sacks had him killed behind our back without our knowledge. Then, for almost 2 weeks, she lied and pretended he was still alive to secure a rescue transfer, so she could "help him find a home".
She sent fake written progress reports to us via email AFTER HE WAS DEAD. See the documents below. After months upon months of lying, we finally found out what she did. She refused to return our $4300, so we had to sue her in small claims court.
She finally returned the money just before the court date. Little comfort, since our dog was dead, killed at a shelter, and she was using big chains on him. She told San Diego Animal Control he got caught up in those chains and was hurt, but told the shelter where he was killed it was behavior issues. Catherine and Steele Sacks, the owners, have no verifiable credentials that we could find other than her own PR.
BEWARE OF THIS PLACE. They are still adverting their "boot camp" for a $1000 a week to unsuspecting dog owners. We also found two other dogs she had killed at Chula Vista Animal Shelter, but we don't know the circumstances, other than she took them there to be killed after "adopting" them. The shelter also shows that she "adopted" our Sandy.
We have enclosed a Yelp review we found from 2012 where she tried to pull the same stunt on another dog owner. She offers to have the owner "relinquish" the dog to her.
Some sort of creepy scam.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "The American Border Collie Association is no longer “democratically ran” since the term was removed from their website effective March 2016. Also, around March 2016-The American Border Collie Association discovered..."
- "Boarded a horse at this facility in 2011. My horse was in TOP physical condition prior to boarding my horse at this facility. In approximately 15-20 days, my horse lost..."
- "I had a five month old German Shepherd and I was taking him regularly to Banfield Pet Hospital on 6134 E. Colonial Dr Orlando, FL 32807, every time we..."
- "Since FIFA 15 Coins are not real currency, they have to be purchased online. Due to its virtual utility, it cannot be earned like the real currency. There are several..."
- "I bought a Gengar crewneck for 72 dollars in october - 2016. They said there was about 1 month shipping time because they are a small company with many customers...."
- "DON'T use them. I placed my order using PAYPAL on Nov 12. Stupidly, I thought these would be Thanksgiving outfits ... then Christmas ... THEN VALENTINE'S. They have NO customer..."
- "There was a white Lexus parked by our park with the door opened. My 12 year old daughter unwittingly passed by the car and glanced in. Unfortunately she saw..."
- "I am a nice woman. And the only thing I can this happens is some dirt bag, Middle Aged man- got offended that I didn't text him back!! As..."
- "I ordered a 1000 thread count king size sheet set, 100% Egyptian Cotton sheet set and a goose-like down comforter. Impressed by the price of $49 on the sheet..."