3200 NW 55th Ave, Ocala, FL 34482, USA
1.8K views
Resolved
1.8
Turnaround Time
Poster increased review rating.

My first Shea home was in So Cal and I loved it. My next and last Shea home is in trilogy Ocala preserve and I am so very disappointed in everything.

I never regretted buying anything so much before in my life. I bought a designer home -- therefore I got to pay for options I did not care about but I wanted a quick close. Closing was delayed, floor tiles cracked at closing, lies from staff about so many hoa things. Quality and craftsmanship was lacking.

I have a cracked foundation and drainage issues on my lot after more than 1.5 years of occupancy. The county did a poor job of inspecting. My a/c is not within code but that is an easy fix. This place is a nightmare.

Hoa rules were not in writing and then changed ... Shea is the hoa and unreasonable. Oscar Harper is a terrible manager. Peter O Shea does not respond to written complaints.

Michael Fraley is unresponsive as well. Once they get their money they simply don't care.

Product or Service Mentioned: Shea Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Shea Homes Pros: People who left because they had integrity.

Shea Homes Cons: Poor quality, Poor customer service, No integrity, Substandard repairs and resolutions.

• Trilogy Ocala Preserve

Comments

LumberingNeapolitanMastiff

I truly wish I had seen your comments prior to paying my deposit. Yes the concrete in the lanai has a crack too. I think we got the new sales staff that was saying anything to get a sale.

1. Sales staff not knowledgeable and are really only concerned with their sales numbers.

The sales rep I had who said she was a licensed realtor but had no knowledge of the flood zone rating for the community and this is Florida. I looked it up on FEMA website and provided it to her.

2. 2/3 of my lot is either a drainage or landscape easement.

I was mislead into paying for a premium lot because of the appearance of the size but I can not add to or build on any of the easement but I am paying taxes on it.

3. I am on the far western end of the community which is 1.7 miles off of interstate 75, at night the road noise is constant.

4. Water in Ocala is bad and Shea does not offer a water softner or water filtration system as an option. If you do not want to violate the home warranty there is only one plumbing company they will allow to install softner and you will pay a premium price.

After having the softner installed still have a bad sulfur smell.

5. Construction site manager seems so overwhelmed that I rarely got a response.

6. Closing agent is in Arizona and has no idea of what’s going on in Florida.

After Maria came through I called her the next day to get info on my house which was under construction and if there was any damage in the community. She lied and said power was out and she had no way of knowing. One of my neighbors in the community had contacted me earlier in the day to let me know the house was ok. 7.

Shea fired the 1st loan processor I had due to ineptness and a processor in Arizona handled the mortgage. Chelsea title who Shea uses misfiled my deed with the county and I am still waiting to see if they rectify that. 8. The whole process is streamlined like an assembly line, once someone is done with you you do not get a response back.

From sales, construction, title. HOA management has been unresponsive to my questions. 9. I filled out the Shea questionnaire and expressed many of the same concerns on there but of course have gotten no response.

10. On the plus side the neighbors are great, the community looks beautiful and the clubhouse is very nice but the bad definitely outway the good.

11. Would highly recommend not buying here but if you do forego the sales pitch of using their designer center or mortgage company, in the end the discounts did not save me any money and definitely hire a real estate attorney even though it is not required in Florida.

It's almost August and still shea personnel are providing lip service only ... no repairs made.

@Anonymous

Is this a Trilogy location?

We are considering buying & moving to Wickenburg, AZ...Trilogy. OMG!!

@KCAZ510

Yes it is!!!

2 years later and I am still dealing with issues. When they repair one thing they mess up something else. I almost bought in wickenburg instead, but have no intention of ever buying from Shea again.

@Kathy Edgell

Finally issues are resolved. Buy a resale home here — don’t go thru the build hassle.

@KCAZ510