8008 Corporate Center Dr #300, Charlotte, NC 28226, USA
2.2

We purchased the model home in 2009, trusting that Shea at least built up to code. Nine years later when we go to sell, we find out they never finished the flat roof at all. It just had black paper on it.

I am not an unreasonable person and asked them to at least come an look at it. They want nothing to do with it! I will post their email along with pictures so everyone can see for themselves how Shea behaves when they know they're wrong.

I urge all people buying a home from Shea to really make sure they built and more importantly - FINISHED all the work!

Please see photo's of damage caused by this unfinished flat roof. I have paid $4,500 to the new owner for the repair. Now we're told they need to replace the frames that hold up the structure. This will involve cutting open the stucco to get at the beams.

All licensed contractors pointed the same finger at Shea, saying the roof was just NEVER completed. Look at the pictures and hope your new Shea home does't have these problems when you go to sell it.

Product or Service Mentioned: Shea Homes House Construction.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Shea Homes Pros: Location.

Shea Homes Cons: Roof over entrance was never finished, 10 years of rain damage due to roof non construction, No integrity, Leaky home, Poor customer service.

• Water Leak
  • Shea Homes Quality
  • Shea Homes Hollister
  • Shea Homes Atherton

Comments

As the guy who bought this house and will have to pay for the remainder of the repairs, I'm pretty disgusted that Shea Homes won't fix or pay for the repairs. Especially, since they are still building in a subdivision down the road from here, it wouldn't have taken much time to come on over and look at it.

The wood was rotted and crumbled when touched. I'm not sure what actually held up the roof anymore.

Shea Homes Reviews