Aliso Viejo, California
2.7K views 0 comments

I purchased a new home from Shea, paying above market rates for upgrades.After the 10 year home warranty period we discovered wood rot in the deck, which we paid extra for.

Upon investigating the source it was discovered that Shea did not paint or treat any of the wood except what could be seen by exterior inspection. The deck was designed to have rain drain between the rafters, and boards. Since it was not treated wood rot is inevitable. When contacted Shea said it was not their problem.

Cost to repair, over $17,000.

Additional issues included Shea painting the dryer vent shut which causing a build up of lint in the vent and fire hazard, leaving rags stuck in heating and air ducts after spraying the texture on drywall (gee, why doesn't the AC work move in special), wiring electrical wrong or not finishing wiring to switches, stucco sprayed into drains causing water back UPS, leaks and damage, puncturing AC coolant lines when installing crown molding, bathroom shower plumbing installed backwards, hot and cold reversed, leaving food wrappers in the framing of the master bedroom tub to be found years later when the tub had to be replaced due to the frame not being constructed correctly.

Review about: Construction Defect.

2.0
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $17020
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Shea Homes?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.